I Love Uniform Talk
-

I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html





-

I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html






I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html





love the shot of chief wahoo on the stadium. awesome.
i'm a marketing guy too. that's how i made my money.
look. i love all the mockups for new unis. i could go for anything above EXCEPT you have to understand that there will never be a logo on the browns helmet. there just never will.
why not just put any of those 'logo' ideas embroidered on the shoulder? everything is still good but you can't touch the helmet...except for doing the upgrade in paint levels and stripe width and stroke.
there's somethings that are sacred in sports. browns helmet is one of them.
-
I am one of the over 45's and I wouldn't mind some updated uniforms. Just don't mess with the helmet unless the shade of orange we used changes slightly.
I liked our orange unis from several years back and liked the orange pants from a few decades back. Some of the mock-ups shown look pretty good me me.
Unlike some others around here, I don't cream my pants thinking about it.
Haslam has said there are going to be some changes and has also said he isn't messing with the helmet. Now we'll just have to wait to see what happens and when.
-
I thought the players would say something like "We've sucked so badly since we came back to the NFL that wearing the same uniforms the (good) old Browns used to wear would sound like an insult to those players and the fans".
I would find that much more reasonable.
I can understand the new owner wants to bring fresh air at all levels, but discussing uniforms when you've finished your season with a negative record, again!, sounds a bit silly to me.
-
I really hope Haslem doesn't just make a subtle change to the unis. I'm hoping he drastically changes them! I like the deep bronze with burnt orange tint idea for the helmet and totally new designs for the shirt and pants. Gotta spice it up and if you going thru with the changes to the unis, might as well make a huge splash!
-
If we win home field for the playoffs, we can wear pussy-pink trimmed with puke-yellow for all I care.
Can we just win some fucking games?!?
P.S. Sorry if I ruffle any feathers, but I really hate the fucking Elf.
-
We won't see any kind of Jersey mock from Nike until after NEXT season. Why in the hell should I waste my time talking about it right now.
-
I really hope Haslem doesn't just make a subtle change to the unis. I'm hoping he drastically changes them! I like the deep bronze with burnt orange tint idea for the helmet and totally new designs for the shirt and pants. Gotta spice it up and if you going thru with the changes to the unis, might as well make a huge splash!
I'm hoping he drastically changes them! I like the deep bronze with burnt orange tint idea for the helmet
wow you are clearly the leader of gay uniform threads.
do you know what a pantone color matching system is? you want to know how many swatches of different shades of colors from orange to copper there is?
here's a website for all you douches that love color and design but don't know what the fuck you are talking about:
and maybe you can search for brown.orange.fuscia.safety green.
-

I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html






I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html

I hope no one took credit for "designing" these cause they pretty much look like Denver uniforms

I kind of like these but would like to see how orange would look as well. I don't recall another team having uniforms that look like this but i'm sure if there are someone will point it out. I am not feeling the logo to much but it is well design to me. Whoever did these has talent.

Sorry man I just can't get passed the fact that there are 5 guys who fit inside of the zero in the number 20 on a football field

wow not a whole lot of effort here

pretty much looks like what we are wearing atm.
-
The updated brownie elf logo is pretty cool actually.
-
uniform fags...
I believe it was Miltoxic that once said " What are you 12". I think I might just post a new Uniform thread once a month just to piss off the 45+ yr group we have on here. " I remember when we use to listen to Browns games on the radio" Blah, blah, blah.... WHen you were listening to Browns game on the Radio...Guess What.....The Browns had White Helmets!!!!!!!
Ooooppppssss TampaDawgs Wins again!!!!!!
Oh wait..Sorry these are the same people who want to get rid of the Dawgpound.....
I believe it was Miltoxic that once said " What are you 12". I think I might just post a new Uniform thread once a month just to piss off the 45+ yr group we have on here. " I remember when we use to listen to Browns games on the radio" Blah, blah, blah.... WHen you were listening to Browns game on the Radio...Guess What.....The Browns had White Helmets!!!!!!!
Ooooppppssss TampaDawgs Wins again!!!!!!
Oh wait..Sorry these are the same people who want to get rid of the Dawgpound.....
Hey. As a member of the "over 45" group on the Board, I vote for fresh and stylish. Just because I would look out of place standing with the cheerleaders, it doesnt mean I've tired of appreciating young, well-dressed sexy bods.
-
The updated brownie elf logo is pretty cool actually.
The updated brownie elf logo is pretty cool actually.
I agree about the logo. The "cool" factor is important, IMO. I also think a metallic gleam on the helmets would look good. We need a breath of fresh air.
-
I'm hoping to see more of a orange and white premise with limited brown. I realize we're the browns and all, but come on. Most of these young black guys can pull off wearing an Orange suit so do it up. Make a flashy change. The browns national image has to change or we'll always get stiffed on the big free agent and players will continue to consider the browns lowly and be unmotivated to play here. We'll never change the image if they insist on wearing a poop suit forever. I like the poop suit but it looks like a poop suit. Sorry, I don't want you guys to cry, but it does. We're not green bay. Green bay has been champion twice since I've been alive. At 33 I'm older than most NFL players. So, in essence, nobody playing in the NFL is old enough to remember, nor do they care about, the browns championship teams, and the only tradition anyone associates with the browns is a tradition of losing. We're going to have to try to re-invent the team rather than resting on tradition. A good first step would be to ditch the old school uniform that everyone associates with a perennial losing football team, and move into the new century. Listen to the players on this one and not someone old enough to actually remember 1964 clearly.
-
I'm hoping to see more of a orange and white premise with limited brown. I realize we're the browns and all, but come on. Most of these young black guys can pull off wearing an Orange suit so do it up. Make a flashy change. The browns national image has to change or we'll always get stiffed on the big free agent and players will continue to consider the browns lowly and be unmotivated to play here. We'll never change the image if they insist on wearing a poop suit forever. I like the poop suit but it looks like a poop suit. Sorry, I don't want you guys to cry, but it does. We're not green bay. Green bay has been champion twice since I've been alive. At 33 I'm older than most NFL players. So, in essence, nobody playing in the NFL is old enough to remember, nor do they care about, the browns championship teams, and the only tradition anyone associates with the browns is a tradition of losing. We're going to have to try to re-invent the team rather than resting on tradition. A good first step would be to ditch the old school uniform that everyone associates with a perennial losing football team, and move into the new century. Listen to the players on this one and not someone old enough to actually remember 1964 clearly.
I'm hoping to see more of a orange and white premise with limited brown. I realize we're the browns and all, but come on. Most of these young black guys can pull off wearing an Orange suit so do it up. Make a flashy change. The browns national image has to change or we'll always get stiffed on the big free agent and players will continue to consider the browns lowly and be unmotivated to play here. We'll never change the image if they insist on wearing a poop suit forever. I like the poop suit but it looks like a poop suit. Sorry, I don't want you guys to cry, but it does. We're not green bay. Green bay has been champion twice since I've been alive. At 33 I'm older than most NFL players. So, in essence, nobody playing in the NFL is old enough to remember, nor do they care about, the browns championship teams, and the only tradition anyone associates with the browns is a tradition of losing. We're going to have to try to re-invent the team rather than resting on tradition. A good first step would be to ditch the old school uniform that everyone associates with a perennial losing football team, and move into the new century. Listen to the players on this one and not someone old enough to actually remember 1964 clearly.
I remember '64 VERY clearly (things don't start to get hazy until around '68-'70) and I am beginning to resent the frequent jabs identifying me as a stilted old fogey. I am definitely in favor of change as long as there is some sense of style involved. You can respect the past without living in it.
-
My name is Zombo, I am over 45 years old and I am OK with new uniforms.
I just think we look gay TALKING about new uniforms all the time and having little design sessions.
Find me a linebacker that will add 15 sacks a year to our defense. You can dress him any way you want.
Zombo
-
Ghoolie must have been ousted again or he'd be here yapping about leggy cheerleaders.
-
I'm hoping to see more of a orange and white premise with limited brown. I realize we're the browns and all, but come on. Most of these young black guys can pull off wearing an Orange suit so do it up. Make a flashy change. The browns national image has to change or we'll always get stiffed on the big free agent and players will continue to consider the browns lowly and be unmotivated to play here. We'll never change the image if they insist on wearing a poop suit forever. I like the poop suit but it looks like a poop suit. Sorry, I don't want you guys to cry, but it does. We're not green bay. Green bay has been champion twice since I've been alive. At 33 I'm older than most NFL players. So, in essence, nobody playing in the NFL is old enough to remember, nor do they care about, the browns championship teams, and the only tradition anyone associates with the browns is a tradition of losing. We're going to have to try to re-invent the team rather than resting on tradition. A good first step would be to ditch the old school uniform that everyone associates with a perennial losing football team, and move into the new century. Listen to the players on this one and not someone old enough to actually remember 1964 clearly.
I remember '64 VERY clearly (things don't start to get hazy until around '68-'70) and I am beginning to resent the frequent jabs identifying me as a stilted old fogey. I am definitely in favor of change as long as there is some sense of style involved. You can respect the past without living in it.
I remember '64 VERY clearly (things don't start to get hazy until around '68-'70) and I am beginning to resent the frequent jabs identifying me as a stilted old fogey. I am definitely in favor of change as long as there is some sense of style involved. You can respect the past without living in it.
Sorry, I don't mean anyone personally, but you have to realize its the older fans really hanging on tradition. Aside from a period of a few years when I was 6-9 years old the browns tradition has been not so good. I'll go with a big time change.
-
And this cheerleaders doesn't fit Cleveland crap, what is that?
-
My name is Zombo, I am over 45 years old and I am OK with new uniforms.
I just think we look gay TALKING about new uniforms all the time and having little design sessions.
Find me a linebacker that will add 15 sacks a year to our defense. You can dress him any way you want.
Zombo
Zombo said:
My name is Zombo, I am over 45 years old and I am OK with new uniforms.
I just think we look gay TALKING about new uniforms all the time and having little design sessions.
Find me a linebacker that will add 15 sacks a year to our defense. You can dress him any way you want.
Zombo
Why do we look gay talking about new uniforms? Is it gay for the players to look at the seahawks uniform and say "that's sick"? Why would it be gay to want our players to look at our uniforms and say "that's sick" and be motivated to go out and play? Do you feel more confident in a power suit or your old sweatpants?
-
Zombo said:
My name is Zombo, I am over 45 years old and I am OK with new uniforms.
I just think we look gay TALKING about new uniforms all the time and having little design sessions.
Find me a linebacker that will add 15 sacks a year to our defense. You can dress him any way you want.
Zombo
Why do we look gay talking about new uniforms? Is it gay for the players to look at the seahawks uniform and say "that's sick"? Why would it be gay to want our players to look at our uniforms and say "that's sick" and be motivated to go out and play? Do you feel more confident in a power suit or your old sweatpants?
Why would it be gay to want our players to look at our uniforms and say "that's sick" and be motivated to go out and play?
If they were motivated to go out and play because of uniforms, we would have problems beyond the scope of any gay uniform discussions.
I'm quite confident in sweat pants by the way.
I'm even more confident without pants.
Zombo
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login