I Love Uniform Talk
-
Zombo said:
They aren't going to change the colors. The players are going to have to "feel better" in a new variation of the same colors.
Z
Which is all I said to begin with
-
pay me $1 mil a year and i'd dress up like a french fry and stand out in the middle of a parking lot doing handstands all day.....(yeah, maybe i could pull off one handstand a day, but you get my drift).
just don't understand why it is SOOOOOOO fuggin important for the browns to do anything to the uniforms? i mean does it keep you up at night? you should worry about shit like GOD i hope there isn't another military draft or shit like, man i hope i don't get my fiat repossessed.pay me $1 mil a year and i'd dress up like a french fry and stand out in the middle of a parking lot doing handstands all day.....(yeah, maybe i could pull off one handstand a day, but you get my drift).
just don't understand why it is SOOOOOOO fuggin important for the browns to do anything to the uniforms? i mean does it keep you up at night? you should worry about shit like GOD i hope there isn't another military draft or shit like, man i hope i don't get my fiat repossessed.
Because....the browns....blow. that's why. Try to spark a change from somewhere. They. Suck. The glory days are over a long long time ago. Cleveland is my home so I can't root for the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Baltimore ravens but this isn't Jim browns team anymore. Jim Brown is a septegenarian. Brian sipe had his one good season the year I was born. Bernie led the browns to the best record in the NFL when I was what....five? Seven? The same old same old browns have sucked and looked crappy doing it my whole life. Unless a miracle happens and weeden shapes the fuck up in a real hurry they'll go 5-11 again. Go out and get the next Peyton Manning and I won't give two shits about the uniform.
You idiots know what's really stupid and gay? Living in the past! Most of us can't even remember the years of your treasured memories. They've got to give us something to be excited about and it sure as hell looks,like its not going to be a winning product any time soon
-
I need to go take a shower to wash the gay off of me from even visiting this thread. I'll stay away from now on.
-
pay me $1 mil a year and i'd dress up like a french fry and stand out in the middle of a parking lot doing handstands all day.....(yeah, maybe i could pull off one handstand a day, but you get my drift).
just don't understand why it is SOOOOOOO fuggin important for the browns to do anything to the uniforms? i mean does it keep you up at night? you should worry about shit like GOD i hope there isn't another military draft or shit like, man i hope i don't get my fiat repossessed.
Because....the browns....blow. that's why. Try to spark a change from somewhere. They. Suck. The glory days are over a long long time ago. Cleveland is my home so I can't root for the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Baltimore ravens but this isn't Jim browns team anymore. Jim Brown is a septegenarian. Brian sipe had his one good season the year I was born. Bernie led the browns to the best record in the NFL when I was what....five? Seven? The same old same old browns have sucked and looked crappy doing it my whole life. Unless a miracle happens and weeden shapes the fuck up in a real hurry they'll go 5-11 again. Go out and get the next Peyton Manning and I won't give two shits about the uniform.
You idiots know what's really stupid and gay? Living in the past! Most of us can't even remember the years of your treasured memories. They've got to give us something to be excited about and it sure as hell looks,like its not going to be a winning product any time soon
Because....the browns....blow. that's why. Try to spark a change from somewhere. They. Suck. The glory days are over a long long time ago. Cleveland is my home so I can't root for the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Baltimore ravens but this isn't Jim browns team anymore. Jim Brown is a septegenarian. Brian sipe had his one good season the year I was born. Bernie led the browns to the best record in the NFL when I was what....five? Seven? The same old same old browns have sucked and looked crappy doing it my whole life. Unless a miracle happens and weeden shapes the fuck up in a real hurry they'll go 5-11 again. Go out and get the next Peyton Manning and I won't give two shits about the uniform.
You idiots know what's really stupid and gay? Living in the past! Most of us can't even remember the years of your treasured memories. They've got to give us something to be excited about and it sure as hell looks,like its not going to be a winning product any time soon
i get your point but nothing in your post suggests a reason for changing the uniform. do you think penn state will ever change their unis?
some things are more important than selling flashy jerseys (BTW if you think players are coming here to play via FA because of any uniform change you are wrong.....it's all about the dollar dollar bill ya'll). tradition being one of them. who cares what these other teams decide to do to their uniforms. they are not the cleveland browns.
would you want someone to come into your house look at the way your grandfather, your dad or you, let's say cook rice and beans or steak or whatever after generations of doing it the same way, and tell you to do it another way because it's a new technique but it will only change the flavor a little bit, except you and your family would taste the difference in a second and go along with it cuz it's a 'new' trend? you'd tell them to go fuck themselves. i guarantee it.
this ain't fashion week in NYC or paris. this is football.
-
Well hell you know what's not gay? Suffering through another ten seasons of 5-11 football.
-
That's the tradition of the browns for at least 14 seasons (and several before the move)
-
and putting on a different colored pair of socks is going to change that?
-
It'll hopefully entice some young, selfish, image obsessed douches (almost every single player in the NFL) to not phone it in in Cleveland.
-
And serve as a visual symbol that things are different in Cleveland. Let me clue you in...guys like josh Gordon don't give the first damn about the tradition of the browns. He's phoning it in just like so many others before him.
-
Listen, I don't care if they want to switch up the unis a bit. But not because its going to make the players feel better and therefore perform better.
That's just fucking stupid.
Once they are on the field, their career is on line every week, you've got coaches barking at you, and you'll get hammered if you aren't 100% invested. No one is thinking about the uniform at that point. No one.
Z
-
Zombo said:
I hope you are not serious about professional football players playing better because they like their uniforms more.
Zombo
Seems that way in college...and the pros just older kids.
-
Find me a quote from a professional football player that says he plays better in a more stylish uniform.
You won't ... But if you did, I would call bullshit on it because once the bullets start flying you don't even remember how you "felt" before the game.
Its a fucking war out there.
You know what makes football teams play better?
Good quarterbacks.
Teams with good quarterbacks usually win, teams with bad quarterbacks usually lose.
Then comes coaching.
And blocking and tackling.
Speed, route running and executing schemes.
Catching the fucking football.
Not one game was won by a fucking uniform stripe ever.
You guys are fucking idiots.
Z
-
Zombo said:
I hope you are not serious about professional football players playing better because they like their uniforms more.
Zombo
Seems that way in college...and the pros just older kids.
Seems that way in college...and the pros just older kids.
Saying flashy uniforms recruit high school kids is a big fucking leap from saying that they make NFL players play better, Chachi.
Zombo
--do you know what recruits in the NFL? coaching staff and ... A good fucking QB. Jaguars have great colors ... do you think free agents are lining up to spend their career with Blaine Gabbert?
-
This is amazing how long this thread is that I started about a yr ago......You all now how I feel about the Uniforms. The tradition things just needs to go away, there is no tradition but losing in Cleveland!!!!!!!
We have had 8 winning seasons in the last 33 years!!!!! 4 winning season in the last 23 yrs!!!!!!
How about we stop talking tradition, because our tradition sucks!!!!!
-
This is amazing how long this thread is that I started about a yr ago......You all now how I feel about the Uniforms. The tradition things just needs to go away, there is no tradition but losing in Cleveland!!!!!!!
We have had 8 winning seasons in the last 33 years!!!!! 4 winning season in the last 23 yrs!!!!!!
How about we stop talking tradition, because our tradition sucks!!!!!
This is amazing how long this thread is that I started about a yr ago......You all now how I feel about the Uniforms. The tradition things just needs to go away, there is no tradition but losing in Cleveland!!!!!!!
We have had 8 winning seasons in the last 33 years!!!!! 4 winning season in the last 23 yrs!!!!!!
How about we stop talking tradition, because our tradition sucks!!!!!
Sigh.
Zombo
--17 fucking exclamation points to express his passion for fashion. God save us all.
-
WHy is it other coaches and regimes come through Cleveland ththave won previously elsewhere but can't replicate it in Cleveland? I'll tell you. It's the uniforms. The are dull, boring and uninteresting. If we had a logo, and some new unis to go along with it, I gaurantee the players would "feel" better look better and PLAY better.
Time for an upgrade.
WHy is it other coaches and regimes come through Cleveland ththave won previously elsewhere but can't replicate it in Cleveland? I'll tell you. It's the uniforms. The are dull, boring and uninteresting. If we had a logo, and some new unis to go along with it, I gaurantee the players would "feel" better look better and PLAY better.
Time for an upgrade.
That's just FUCKING STUPID.....DERRRRR...... yeah change the uniforms and everyone turns into pro bowlers...... IDIOT
-
Well hell you know what's not gay? Suffering through another ten seasons of 5-11 football.
Well hell you know what's not gay? Suffering through another ten seasons of 5-11 football.
Guess what?? Changing the uniform isn't going to change the record.
-
Find me a quote from a professional football player that says he plays better in a more stylish uniform.
You won't ... But if you did, I would call bullshit on it because once the bullets start flying you don't even remember how you "felt" before the game.
Its a fucking war out there.
You know what makes football teams play better?
Good quarterbacks.
Teams with good quarterbacks usually win, teams with bad quarterbacks usually lose.
Then comes coaching.
And blocking and tackling.
Speed, route running and executing schemes.
Catching the fucking football.
Not one game was won by a fucking uniform stripe ever.
You guys are fucking idiots.
Z
Zombo said:
Find me a quote from a professional football player that says he plays better in a more stylish uniform.
You won't ... But if you did, I would call bullshit on it because once the bullets start flying you don't even remember how you "felt" before the game.
Its a fucking war out there.
You know what makes football teams play better?
Good quarterbacks.
Teams with good quarterbacks usually win, teams with bad quarterbacks usually lose.
Then comes coaching.
And blocking and tackling.
Speed, route running and executing schemes.
Catching the fucking football.
Not one game was won by a fucking uniform stripe ever.
You guys are fucking idiots.
Z
Exactly.... when I read all this jibberish about uni's, the FIRST THING that pops into my mind is, these guys have never ever played football. Because its just as you say, its a WAR, competition, not a freakin' fashion show. This is football and any player that's worth a damn knows this. AND quite frankly if there was any players who were more concerned about looking better than the other guy opposed to doing their job and kicking the other guys ass, I would want them off of my team ASAP.
-
This is amazing how long this thread is that I started about a yr ago......You all now how I feel about the Uniforms. The tradition things just needs to go away, there is no tradition but losing in Cleveland!!!!!!!
We have had 8 winning seasons in the last 33 years!!!!! 4 winning season in the last 23 yrs!!!!!!
How about we stop talking tradition, because our tradition sucks!!!!!
This is amazing how long this thread is that I started about a yr ago......You all now how I feel about the Uniforms. The tradition things just needs to go away, there is no tradition but losing in Cleveland!!!!!!!
We have had 8 winning seasons in the last 33 years!!!!! 4 winning season in the last 23 yrs!!!!!!
How about we stop talking tradition, because our tradition sucks!!!!!
Ahh, this is incorrect... sure its been a rough road since the return, but our tradition does not suck! Do you think steeler fans say their tradition sucks? I don't know exactly what their records have been each year, but I'm almost positive that they were mediocre or bad for a few decades or so. Just like a lot of other NFL teams, I'm sure damn near every franchise has had their dark days. We all feel your pain. Its not easy to be so emotionally wrapped up in a team you love and have to watch them fail. Cleveland Browns football teams have had some glory years, we all want to get back to that asap and I have to believe we will. Just hang in there and when we do get back to the top, it will be just THAT MUCH SWEETER!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login