I Love Uniform Talk
-
Dawson: "I look at a lot of pictures of Browns history and I see all kinds of different uniforms. So why is it now the actual ones we're wearing we can't change? I don't get it. I've seen brown on orange. I've seen white on orange. The one constant is the helmet, but way, way back they wore white. There have been changes to the uniform throughout Browns history.
"You can probably make a pretty good argument that this city fought so hard to keep its colors when the team left and came back, that some of that (tradition) sentiment is a product of that. So obviously it's going to be a delicate situation. And I'm certainly not going to be upset if no change is made. (But) guys grumble a little bit. The years we wore throwbacks, there was very little change (to what we wear now)."
All you Old timers Take that with your tradition!!!!!!! Stop Crying because the Uniform has changes thru out Browns History...Heres More....
John Hughes: "Change is always good. I guess the Browns have been very traditional since they've been here. But it would be cool to have new jerseys. It would be a change."
Joe Haden: "I'm all for it. I'm a fashion dude, so anything that could bring another spark would be really sweet. Whatever Haslam wants to do, I'm gonna ride with it. I just think it would be sweet to have new jerseys. Just something different because I think we're growing something new here. We have a lot of young players, lot of new faces. It would be something. It would be nice.
"You look good, you feel good, you play good. So I think new jerseys would be so sweet. Everybody's definitely down for it. Because we talk about it all the time. The Seahawks jerseys are so 'sick.' The 49ers jerseys. That would be 'sick' if we had something else."
Ward: "I'm all for it. I don't think we should change it completely, but I think a few alterations would be cool. You've got to change some things up. I know a lot of people are big on tradition here and keeping it the same. But I think maybe a new look would freshen a lot of things up."
Gordon: "As much as you can do with brown and orange, I'm sure you can always use a little upgrade. You definitely do (feel energy from new uniforms). That's how colleges recruit. They get a lot of young guys because of their uniforms.
"If they did (change), I'd be all for it. The all whites get a little dirty, a little dingy. I think it's the best combo that we have. If we did get a new design, I'd be happy to vote for it. You look good, you feel good, you play good. That would be another attraction to come watch the game."
Joe Thomas: "I don't know. I haven't thought about it. I don't know what they'd change it to. It's been brown forever. I'd be open to seeing what it looks like. It's hard to say what my opinion is without seeing what they'd change it to."
Josh Cribbs: "Oh, definitely. I say that from the rooftop. I hate the same old things. It's no fun at all. It's tradition, of what? We're a different team. We should have different uniforms, or at least different variety. It would spark us, make us feel more amped. Marketing. Makes people buy the jerseys and want to root for your team. I'll believe it when it happens. Any change is good for this program."
-
but Zombo said......

-
uniform fags...
I believe it was Miltoxic that once said " What are you 12". I think I might just post a new Uniform thread once a month just to piss off the 45+ yr group we have on here. " I remember when we use to listen to Browns games on the radio" Blah, blah, blah.... WHen you were listening to Browns game on the Radio...Guess What.....The Browns had White Helmets!!!!!!!
Ooooppppssss TampaDawgs Wins again!!!!!!
Oh wait..Sorry these are the same people who want to get rid of the Dawgpound.....
-
I give a shit about two things involving jerseys. 1) keep the helmet the exact same. 2) don't make them fucking terrible like those 02-10ish Bills jerseys or something equally terrible.
-
uniform fags...
I believe it was Miltoxic that once said " What are you 12". I think I might just post a new Uniform thread once a month just to piss off the 45+ yr group we have on here. " I remember when we use to listen to Browns games on the radio" Blah, blah, blah.... WHen you were listening to Browns game on the Radio...Guess What.....The Browns had White Helmets!!!!!!!
Ooooppppssss TampaDawgs Wins again!!!!!!
Oh wait..Sorry these are the same people who want to get rid of the Dawgpound.....
I believe it was Miltoxic that once said " What are you 12". I think I might just post a new Uniform thread once a month just to piss off the 45+ yr group we have on here. " I remember when we use to listen to Browns games on the radio" Blah, blah, blah.... WHen you were listening to Browns game on the Radio...Guess What.....The Browns had White Helmets!!!!!!!
Ooooppppssss TampaDawgs Wins again!!!!!!
Oh wait..Sorry these are the same people who want to get rid of the Dawgpound.....
Go root for Oregon, Uni fag. To my knowledge a uniform has never won a game. Better idea- put better players inside those uniforms. Those Steeler throwbacks looked like they were escapees from Alcatraz. Go look up the history of that prison young 'un.
-
uniform fags...
I believe it was Miltoxic that once said " What are you 12". I think I might just post a new Uniform thread once a month just to piss off the 45+ yr group we have on here. " I remember when we use to listen to Browns games on the radio" Blah, blah, blah.... WHen you were listening to Browns game on the Radio...Guess What.....The Browns had White Helmets!!!!!!!
Ooooppppssss TampaDawgs Wins again!!!!!!
Oh wait..Sorry these are the same people who want to get rid of the Dawgpound.....
I believe it was Miltoxic that once said " What are you 12". I think I might just post a new Uniform thread once a month just to piss off the 45+ yr group
yeah tampadawg i really don't care about talking about the uniform change as long as we're talking just giving 'flash' (HELLO FRISCO!!) to what we already have.
i like the nike mockups that we've all already seen........some different printing methods to the helmet where it gives you a 'depth' of different oranges (like painting a car...a base coat, then different levels of color, on top of each other with clear coat between) and the stripes can go bigger, wider fat to thin whatever.
it's just YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO SEE A LOGO ON THE HELMET. sorry that's just the way it is.
give me dark chocolate on top of dark chocolate (HELLO FRISCO...again! sounds like the thursday night special down at the rawhide) with some orange and white stripes etc. etc.. i don't think any of us 'old timers' mind an upgrade in style or flash. just lay off the talk of changing anything that made us who we are. orange and brown bro. from here to eternity.
-

I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html





-

I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html






I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html





love the shot of chief wahoo on the stadium. awesome.
i'm a marketing guy too. that's how i made my money.
look. i love all the mockups for new unis. i could go for anything above EXCEPT you have to understand that there will never be a logo on the browns helmet. there just never will.
why not just put any of those 'logo' ideas embroidered on the shoulder? everything is still good but you can't touch the helmet...except for doing the upgrade in paint levels and stripe width and stroke.
there's somethings that are sacred in sports. browns helmet is one of them.
-
I am one of the over 45's and I wouldn't mind some updated uniforms. Just don't mess with the helmet unless the shade of orange we used changes slightly.
I liked our orange unis from several years back and liked the orange pants from a few decades back. Some of the mock-ups shown look pretty good me me.
Unlike some others around here, I don't cream my pants thinking about it.
Haslam has said there are going to be some changes and has also said he isn't messing with the helmet. Now we'll just have to wait to see what happens and when.
-
I thought the players would say something like "We've sucked so badly since we came back to the NFL that wearing the same uniforms the (good) old Browns used to wear would sound like an insult to those players and the fans".
I would find that much more reasonable.
I can understand the new owner wants to bring fresh air at all levels, but discussing uniforms when you've finished your season with a negative record, again!, sounds a bit silly to me.
-
I really hope Haslem doesn't just make a subtle change to the unis. I'm hoping he drastically changes them! I like the deep bronze with burnt orange tint idea for the helmet and totally new designs for the shirt and pants. Gotta spice it up and if you going thru with the changes to the unis, might as well make a huge splash!
-
If we win home field for the playoffs, we can wear pussy-pink trimmed with puke-yellow for all I care.
Can we just win some fucking games?!?
P.S. Sorry if I ruffle any feathers, but I really hate the fucking Elf.
-
We won't see any kind of Jersey mock from Nike until after NEXT season. Why in the hell should I waste my time talking about it right now.
-
I really hope Haslem doesn't just make a subtle change to the unis. I'm hoping he drastically changes them! I like the deep bronze with burnt orange tint idea for the helmet and totally new designs for the shirt and pants. Gotta spice it up and if you going thru with the changes to the unis, might as well make a huge splash!
I'm hoping he drastically changes them! I like the deep bronze with burnt orange tint idea for the helmet
wow you are clearly the leader of gay uniform threads.
do you know what a pantone color matching system is? you want to know how many swatches of different shades of colors from orange to copper there is?
here's a website for all you douches that love color and design but don't know what the fuck you are talking about:
and maybe you can search for brown.orange.fuscia.safety green.
-

I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html






I'm a marketing guy, i am 100% for something new.
I also want the Elf icon to stand on top of the stadium coming across route 2 like in the 80s when Chief Wahoo used to be up there i still have memories of that there, i'd take "The Elf" in a heartbeat up there.. PETITION MAKE NEW UNIS AND THE ELF ON THE STADIUM A MUST!!!!
Browns Uniform article written on the 17th http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html

I hope no one took credit for "designing" these cause they pretty much look like Denver uniforms

I kind of like these but would like to see how orange would look as well. I don't recall another team having uniforms that look like this but i'm sure if there are someone will point it out. I am not feeling the logo to much but it is well design to me. Whoever did these has talent.

Sorry man I just can't get passed the fact that there are 5 guys who fit inside of the zero in the number 20 on a football field

wow not a whole lot of effort here

pretty much looks like what we are wearing atm.
-
The updated brownie elf logo is pretty cool actually.
-
uniform fags...
I believe it was Miltoxic that once said " What are you 12". I think I might just post a new Uniform thread once a month just to piss off the 45+ yr group we have on here. " I remember when we use to listen to Browns games on the radio" Blah, blah, blah.... WHen you were listening to Browns game on the Radio...Guess What.....The Browns had White Helmets!!!!!!!
Ooooppppssss TampaDawgs Wins again!!!!!!
Oh wait..Sorry these are the same people who want to get rid of the Dawgpound.....
I believe it was Miltoxic that once said " What are you 12". I think I might just post a new Uniform thread once a month just to piss off the 45+ yr group we have on here. " I remember when we use to listen to Browns games on the radio" Blah, blah, blah.... WHen you were listening to Browns game on the Radio...Guess What.....The Browns had White Helmets!!!!!!!
Ooooppppssss TampaDawgs Wins again!!!!!!
Oh wait..Sorry these are the same people who want to get rid of the Dawgpound.....
Hey. As a member of the "over 45" group on the Board, I vote for fresh and stylish. Just because I would look out of place standing with the cheerleaders, it doesnt mean I've tired of appreciating young, well-dressed sexy bods.
-
The updated brownie elf logo is pretty cool actually.
The updated brownie elf logo is pretty cool actually.
I agree about the logo. The "cool" factor is important, IMO. I also think a metallic gleam on the helmets would look good. We need a breath of fresh air.
-
I'm hoping to see more of a orange and white premise with limited brown. I realize we're the browns and all, but come on. Most of these young black guys can pull off wearing an Orange suit so do it up. Make a flashy change. The browns national image has to change or we'll always get stiffed on the big free agent and players will continue to consider the browns lowly and be unmotivated to play here. We'll never change the image if they insist on wearing a poop suit forever. I like the poop suit but it looks like a poop suit. Sorry, I don't want you guys to cry, but it does. We're not green bay. Green bay has been champion twice since I've been alive. At 33 I'm older than most NFL players. So, in essence, nobody playing in the NFL is old enough to remember, nor do they care about, the browns championship teams, and the only tradition anyone associates with the browns is a tradition of losing. We're going to have to try to re-invent the team rather than resting on tradition. A good first step would be to ditch the old school uniform that everyone associates with a perennial losing football team, and move into the new century. Listen to the players on this one and not someone old enough to actually remember 1964 clearly.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login