Skip to content

Haslem Wants A Splash?

The Browns Board
22 18 1.4k
  • maybe if the Browns for trying to put it together for 1 good run at a super bowl this year. I would sign him to a high 1 year contract. but they're not so no

  • Meh, he's old and a cheater. Cribbs and the Dawgs would have the soap and socks ready to fly. He's a bum. An old bum at that.

    I get where you're coming from though as I would love a dominant LB like a Matthews or an Urlacher... just not Harrison, too much bad blood and Steelers taint, same goes for Coward.

  • Whatever, EVERY one of you would take Harrison in a second!!!! Now I would not pay him a ton of money..Come on man....The guy still has some left in the tank

  • Neither Harrison nor Urlacher should never be a Brown.

    If Haslam wants to "make a splash" in FA, how about signing a decent CB and LB in FA.

    LB FA's I like: Philip Wheeler, OAK; Anthony Spencer, DAL; Daryl Smith, JAC;

    CB FA's I like: Keenan Lewis, PIT; Sean Smith, MIA

    Others: Danario Alexander, SD; Michael Bennett, TB; Jairus Byrd, BUF; Kenny Phillips, NYG

  • Whatever, EVERY one of you would take Harrison in a second!!!! Now I would not pay him a ton of money..Come on man....The guy still has some left in the tank

    @tampadawgs said:

    Whatever, EVERY one of you would take Harrison in a second!!!! Now I would not pay him a ton of money..Come on man....The guy still has some left in the tank

    I wouldn't. He's not worth the money, and he's half the player he used to be.

  • I didn't mean a literal translation of "hometown" I meant his current football home which is Pittsburgh, PA. He'd likely take less money to stay a Steeler. I'd see him retiring otherwise. You can think what you want about the defense. I certainly didn't think it was the best in the league last season and one of the better if not the best performers is 26 years old and that was Keenan Lewis a player I certainly hope they resign. Oh and yes I absolutely looked at the teams "prime player" two of the best players on defense this season were well under 30. Lewis who I already mentioned and Timmons. Harrison, Keisel, Hampton, Polamalu and Clark are old. Clark still has plenty in the tank. Polamalu the same if he can stay healthy and I don't believe his injuries have anything to do with him being north of 30 outside of potential concussions. Harrison has Worilds behind him (I also expect them to draft another OLB) and Hampton had 3 young guys behind him in Ta'amu, McClendon and Hebron Fangupo. Ziggy Hood has been pretty marginal but Cameron Heyward when he's played has been good to great. The only position that doesn't have a bunch of capable depth is safety but they still have Will Allen and Robert Golden as well as Ryan Mundy. There is youth behind each and every veteran on this team on the defensive side of the ball. I'm kind of tired of reading otherwise. You continue to mention it and you take plenty of time to post other things on this site. Breakdown the roster so you can see for yourself or stop saying it.

  • we remain the dumbest fricking fans and the planet and most posts affirm that sad to say

    some things change Browns neuvo fans continue to be dumbest football mofos ever in the world

    and that is what it is

  • Yes, perhaps you're right, you're apparently a browns fan, so your existance proves your own theory. Whoa. psychedelic.

  • we remain the dumbest fricking fans and the planet and most posts affirm that sad to say

    some things change Browns neuvo fans continue to be dumbest football mofos ever in the world

    and that is what it is

    @rich4eagle said:

    we remain the dumbest fricking fans and the planet and most posts affirm that sad to say

    some things change Browns neuvo fans continue to be dumbest football mofos ever in the world

    and that is what it is

    That's pretty ironic coming from one of the dumbest Browns fans I've ever encountered.

  • I didn't mean a literal translation of "hometown" I meant his current football home which is Pittsburgh, PA. He'd likely take less money to stay a Steeler. I'd see him retiring otherwise. You can think what you want about the defense. I certainly didn't think it was the best in the league last season and one of the better if not the best performers is 26 years old and that was Keenan Lewis a player I certainly hope they resign. Oh and yes I absolutely looked at the teams "prime player" two of the best players on defense this season were well under 30. Lewis who I already mentioned and Timmons. Harrison, Keisel, Hampton, Polamalu and Clark are old. Clark still has plenty in the tank. Polamalu the same if he can stay healthy and I don't believe his injuries have anything to do with him being north of 30 outside of potential concussions. Harrison has Worilds behind him (I also expect them to draft another OLB) and Hampton had 3 young guys behind him in Ta'amu, McClendon and Hebron Fangupo. Ziggy Hood has been pretty marginal but Cameron Heyward when he's played has been good to great. The only position that doesn't have a bunch of capable depth is safety but they still have Will Allen and Robert Golden as well as Ryan Mundy. There is youth behind each and every veteran on this team on the defensive side of the ball. I'm kind of tired of reading otherwise. You continue to mention it and you take plenty of time to post other things on this site. Breakdown the roster so you can see for yourself or stop saying it.

    @vagitron said:

    I didn't mean a literal translation of "hometown" I meant his current football home which is Pittsburgh, PA.

    I knew what you meant. I was just yanking your pubic hair.

    He'd likely take less money to stay a Steeler. I'd see him retiring otherwise.

    And that is fine with me. In my opinion he should retire a Steeler. Unfortunately, I believe if he went elsewhere he would just become a sad shell of his former self, like Joe Namath in a Rams uniform.

    You can think what you want about the defense.

    I know I can. I can think what I want about any matter under the sun.

    I certainly didn't think it was the best in the league last season and one of the better if not the best performers is 26 years old and that was Keenan Lewis a player I certainly hope they resign. Oh and yes I absolutely looked at the teams "prime player" two of the best players on defense this season were well under 30. Lewis who I already mentioned and Timmons. Harrison, Keisel, Hampton, Polamalu and Clark are old. Clark still has plenty in the tank. Polamalu the same if he can stay healthy and I don't believe his injuries have anything to do with him being north of 30 outside of potential concussions. Harrison has Worilds behind him (I also expect them to draft another OLB) and Hampton had 3 young guys behind him in Ta'amu, McClendon and Hebron Fangupo. Ziggy Hood has been pretty marginal but Cameron Heyward when he's played has been good to great. The only position that doesn't have a bunch of capable depth is safety but they still have Will Allen and Robert Golden as well as Ryan Mundy. There is youth behind each and every veteran on this team on the defensive side of the ball. I'm kind of tired of reading otherwise. You continue to mention it and you take plenty of time to post other things on this site. Breakdown the roster so you can see for yourself or stop saying it.

    Every team is some mixture of veteran and youth. The question is how much of a mix? Far more older veterans are mixed into the Steelers defense than say, the Browns defense....or many other team's defenses. I would have to check but I think the only starter on the Browns defense last year over 30 was Sheldon Brown. I am not sure how old Gocong is....but he was out all last year, and really has little more than a backup role here in the future, if he is here at all.