Ray Horton
-
Horton would be a great hire for DC. He sounds like the best option that I have heard.
-
Raheem Morris.
-
Hopefully we hire him. It's the only thing that will get the Lombardi hire's taste out of my mouth.
-
@AdamSchefter 1/18/13 @3:00P
Former Cardinals DC Ray Horton expected to become Browns new DC...
I know it's another Twitter report, but Schefter usually doesn't just tweet garbage. Usually knows something. BUT, still not a sure thing yet.
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/18/browns-hire-ray-horton-as-defensive-coordinator/
It didn’t take long for Ray Horton to find a new job.
Horton, the former Cardinals defensive coordinator who was reportedly unhappy when he was passed over for the head-coaching job in Arizona, has landed in Cleveland as the Browns’ new defensive coordinator.
“We are truly excited that we were able to get someone of Ray’s caliber as our defensive coordinator,” Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said in the team’s announcement. “He possesses a great deal of experience as a player, position coach and coordinator in the NFL and has been part of some of the top defenses in the league throughout his career. He is an extremely talented coach and I know that he will work very well with the young nucleus of players we have on defense.”
Horton has been the Cardinals’ defensive coordinator for the last two years. Prior to that he spent seven seasons on the coaching staff in Pittsburgh, two seasons in Detroit, five seasons in Cincinnati and three seasons in Washington. Before becoming an NFL assistant coach he spent 10 seasons as an NFL player.
-
His Arizona "defense" gave up 58 points to Seattle.
I hate to say it, but this season is going to be a disaster.
-
His Arizona "defense" gave up 58 points to Seattle.
I hate to say it, but this season is going to be a disaster.
His Arizona "defense" gave up 58 points to Seattle.
I hate to say it, but this season is going to be a disaster.
Yeah, that one game is what you should go on.
The one where the Arizona offense turned the ball over 8 times and gave up two touchdowns.
Don't look at the 20-18 win the Patriots. Or the fact that their defense was statistically better than ours.
The only problem I have with Horton is that if we have one really good year he will be gone to a head coaching position. He nearly got one this year.
Zombo
--Was the BEST of all names bandied about for DC.
-
His Arizona "defense" gave up 58 points to Seattle.
I hate to say it, but this season is going to be a disaster.
Yeah, that one game is what you should go on.
The one where the Arizona offense turned the ball over 8 times and gave up two touchdowns.
Don't look at the 20-18 win the Patriots. Or the fact that their defense was statistically better than ours.
The only problem I have with Horton is that if we have one really good year he will be gone to a head coaching position. He nearly got one this year.
Zombo
--Was the BEST of all names bandied about for DC.
Zombo said:
Yeah, that one game is what you should go on.
The one where the Arizona offense turned the ball over 8 times and gave up two touchdowns.
Don't look at the 20-18 win the Patriots. Or the fact that their defense was statistically better than ours.
The only problem I have with Horton is that if we have one really good year he will be gone to a head coaching position. He nearly got one this year.
Zombo
--Was the BEST of all names bandied about for DC.
Unless he DOESN'T and he gives us TWO really good years!
-
I'm so tired of people bringing up that 58-0 loss. As Z said the offense turned the ball over 8 times and two for Tds. What the hell do you want a coordinator to do when you're unit is out there 80% of the time guarding the red zone? This guy was the most sought after minority coach in the NFL and clearly is well respected in the league.
-
Like the hire but worry he could be a one or two year rental. He was a lot of people's short lists of head coaches (if only for Rooney Rule purposes). I see him getting a HC job soon.
-
Like the hire but worry he could be a one or two year rental. He was a lot of people's short lists of head coaches (if only for Rooney Rule purposes). I see him getting a HC job soon.
Like the hire but worry he could be a one or two year rental. He was a lot of people's short lists of head coaches (if only for Rooney Rule purposes). I see him getting a HC job soon.
That would be assuming the Browns get a winning record or at least a very strong defense which would still be a good thing and put positive energy in the organization.
-
Does anyone feel good about this hire in terms of Horton wanting to come here and signing so quickly?
He's regarded as HC potential so he might believe this team will be serious for signing like that.
you would imaghine horton's thinking about his future and this successful defense will look great on his resume.
-
@feartheroo said:
His Arizona "defense" gave up 58 points to Seattle.
I hate to say it, but this season is going to be a disaster.
I enjoy coming to this board to read about Browns news and hear the opinions of others. I usually don't comment unless I read something so ridiculous that I am forced to.
Your posts are always negative. Your statements are reductive and never take the context of a situation into account. Zombo said it best, so I'm not even going to address the x's and o's of your ridiculous post.
I only have one question; are you ever NOT bitching?
P.S. I was born and raised in Akron and I can say, without a doubt, that NO ONE fears the roo.
-
It's not like it was Cleveland putting up 58 against Arizona, it was the Seahawks. The same team also put up 42 against the 49'ers defense. They're kind of good, you know? Anyways, glad to see us making some steps in the right direction. Judging by some Twitter responses by our guys on defense they seem to be excited about working with Horton as well. A motivated team can take us far.
-
Does anyone feel good about this hire in terms of Horton wanting to come here and signing so quickly?
He's regarded as HC potential so he might believe this team will be serious for signing like that.
you would imaghine horton's thinking about his future and this successful defense will look great on his resume.
Does anyone feel good about this hire in terms of Horton wanting to come here and signing so quickly?
He's regarded as HC potential so he might believe this team will be serious for signing like that.
you would imaghine horton's thinking about his future and this successful defense will look great on his resume.
I dont think it was a quick hire, i thought they talked to horton when they were talking to kelly.!
-
Does anyone feel good about this hire in terms of Horton wanting to come here and signing so quickly?
He's regarded as HC potential so he might believe this team will be serious for signing like that.
you would imaghine horton's thinking about his future and this successful defense will look great on his resume.
Does anyone feel good about this hire in terms of Horton wanting to come here and signing so quickly?
He's regarded as HC potential so he might believe this team will be serious for signing like that.
you would imaghine horton's thinking about his future and this successful defense will look great on his resume.
I definitely feel a little bit relieved. Shortly after the rumors of him being a "sure thing" for the Browns DC job surfaced there were also rumors of Philly possibly being interested, that would have looked really bad had Philly stolen him away.
I dont think it was a quick hire, i thought they talked to horton when they were talking to kelly.!
Well they interviewed him for the HC job while they were in Arizona pretty much just to satisfy the Rooney rule. Come to think of it Horton looks like he may have some white in him. I wonder if you have to interview 2 bi-racial candidates to satisfy the Rooney rule?
It was still uncertain whether or not he'd stay with the Cardinals at that point, but I guess it couldn't have hurt.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


