Could Lombardi Bring In Jamarcus Russell?
-
We all know Lombardi's tenure with the Raiders was disastrous on all accounts, and it culminated with his involvement drafting one of the biggest busts in NFL history in JaMarcus Russell. Well, Russell is planning his "big" NFL comeback (link below). Could Lombust-o be the guy that give JaFatass Russell his second chance?
Fun Fact! Russell is 2 years younger than Weeden...
-
After closer inspection.
HELL NO!
-
Fun fact: that's the stupidest article I've read in some time. No one is going to give that fat lazy turd a chance.
-
Fun fact: that's the stupidest article I've read in some time. No one is going to give that fat lazy turd a chance.
Fun fact: that's the stupidest article I've read in some time. No one is going to give that fat lazy turd a chance.
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO). Just reading an article I found this funny, here's all the people drafted behind fatass in the first round in 2007:
(2) - Calvin Johnson
(3) - Joe Thomas
(6) - LaRon Landry
(7) - Adrian Peterson
(11) - Patrick Willis
(12) - Marshawn Lynch
(14) - Darrelle Revis
(18) - Leon Hall
(23) - Dwayne Bowe
(25) - Jon Beason
(28) - Joe Staley
(29) - Ben Grubbs
-
308 lbs? Currently? Maybe we can give him a shot on the OL. He's only 3 less lbs than Mack and 4 less than Thomas... Or maybe a DE if we do in fact switch to the 3-4...
-
Fun fact: that's the stupidest article I've read in some time. No one is going to give that fat lazy turd a chance.
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO). Just reading an article I found this funny, here's all the people drafted behind fatass in the first round in 2007:
(2) - Calvin Johnson
(3) - Joe Thomas
(6) - LaRon Landry
(7) - Adrian Peterson
(11) - Patrick Willis
(12) - Marshawn Lynch
(14) - Darrelle Revis
(18) - Leon Hall
(23) - Dwayne Bowe
(25) - Jon Beason
(28) - Joe Staley
(29) - Ben Grubbs
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO). Just reading an article I found this funny, here's all the people drafted behind fatass in the first round in 2007:
(2) - Calvin Johnson
(3) - Joe Thomas
(6) - LaRon Landry
(7) - Adrian Peterson
(11) - Patrick Willis
(12) - Marshawn Lynch
(14) - Darrelle Revis
(18) - Leon Hall
(23) - Dwayne Bowe
(25) - Jon Beason
(28) - Joe Staley
(29) - Ben Grubbs
That was a really good first round save Jamarcus. Any team would be happy with any of those players I feel. The worst player on that list is probably LaRon Landry, and he had a few really good seasons.
-
Fun fact: that's the stupidest article I've read in some time. No one is going to give that fat lazy turd a chance.
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO). Just reading an article I found this funny, here's all the people drafted behind fatass in the first round in 2007:
(2) - Calvin Johnson
(3) - Joe Thomas
(6) - LaRon Landry
(7) - Adrian Peterson
(11) - Patrick Willis
(12) - Marshawn Lynch
(14) - Darrelle Revis
(18) - Leon Hall
(23) - Dwayne Bowe
(25) - Jon Beason
(28) - Joe Staley
(29) - Ben Grubbs
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO). Just reading an article I found this funny, here's all the people drafted behind fatass in the first round in 2007:
(2) - Calvin Johnson
(3) - Joe Thomas
(6) - LaRon Landry
(7) - Adrian Peterson
(11) - Patrick Willis
(12) - Marshawn Lynch
(14) - Darrelle Revis
(18) - Leon Hall
(23) - Dwayne Bowe
(25) - Jon Beason
(28) - Joe Staley
(29) - Ben Grubbs
I was talking about the NFL. I agree with the other leagues maybe giving him a shot just for attention.
-
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO).
Yea, really, I think going to the UFL is this dudes best option. If he wants to prove he can do something, prove it in the minor leagues first. If he tears it up there, then maybe he can have a shot back in the big leagues. I am not sure why football should be any different than baseball in this regard.
-
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO).
Yea, really, I think going to the UFL is this dudes best option. If he wants to prove he can do something, prove it in the minor leagues first. If he tears it up there, then maybe he can have a shot back in the big leagues. I am not sure why football should be any different than baseball in this regard.
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO).
Yea, really, I think going to the UFL is this dudes best option. If he wants to prove he can do something, prove it in the minor leagues first. If he tears it up there, then maybe he can have a shot back in the big leagues. I am not sure why football should be any different than baseball in this regard.
Tommy Maddox flamed out in the NFL...was out of the game and went to the XFL and parlayed that into an NFL gig. No reason if he's serious about making a comeback, which would be the biggest issue since most reports were the guy had no interest in trying or working hard when he had his first shot at the NFL. Go prove yourself somewhere else and then get an NFL gig.
-
All Jamarcus Russell wants is a quick $$$. He's a lazy POS.
-
308 lbs? Currently? Maybe we can give him a shot on the OL. He's only 3 less lbs than Mack and 4 less than Thomas... Or maybe a DE if we do in fact switch to the 3-4...
308 lbs? Currently? Maybe we can give him a shot on the OL. He's only 3 less lbs than Mack and 4 less than Thomas... Or maybe a DE if we do in fact switch to the 3-4...
Damn right- he could bulk up into a great OL. LOL. However, I wouldn't doubt Joe Thomas is smarter than he is- that was one of the knocks on him- and that's not a race issue, it's from the reports filtering back when JR was in the NFL- he wasn't exactly too bright.
-
does he come with his codeine purple drank?
-
No. Shit like this doesn't happen.
-
hey, robert gallery was a great pick (raiders) so was mike powell, steve everitt and foote (i collected all their cards thinking they would be somebody)......
what's the guy 1 out of 25 average?
hope he slathered some cock while he was out of action and get some of his 'down low' buddies some blackmail gay photos on draft day.
hey. we should get WRRebel to take him down south (if you know what i mean) and show him some good stang. hope the GMs who are picking above us get a little taste and maybe the stooge can actually make a good pick.
if it ain't j. jones then he's a failure.
-
hey, robert gallery was a great pick (raiders) so was mike powell, steve everitt and foote (i collected all their cards thinking they would be somebody)......
what's the guy 1 out of 25 average?
hope he slathered some cock while he was out of action and get some of his 'down low' buddies some blackmail gay photos on draft day.
hey. we should get WRRebel to take him down south (if you know what i mean) and show him some good stang. hope the GMs who are picking above us get a little taste and maybe the stooge can actually make a good pick.
if it ain't j. jones then he's a failure.
hey, robert gallery was a great pick (raiders) so was mike powell, steve everitt and foote (i collected all their cards thinking they would be somebody)......
what's the guy 1 out of 25 average?
hope he slathered some cock while he was out of action and get some of his 'down low' buddies some blackmail gay photos on draft day.
hey. we should get WRRebel to take him down south (if you know what i mean) and show him some good stang. hope the GMs who are picking above us get a little taste and maybe the stooge can actually make a good pick.
if it ain't j. jones then he's a failure.
Like you didn't know
-
Fun fact: that's the stupidest article I've read in some time. No one is going to give that fat lazy turd a chance.
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO). Just reading an article I found this funny, here's all the people drafted behind fatass in the first round in 2007:
(2) - Calvin Johnson
(3) - Joe Thomas
(6) - LaRon Landry
(7) - Adrian Peterson
(11) - Patrick Willis
(12) - Marshawn Lynch
(14) - Darrelle Revis
(18) - Leon Hall
(23) - Dwayne Bowe
(25) - Jon Beason
(28) - Joe Staley
(29) - Ben Grubbs
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO). Just reading an article I found this funny, here's all the people drafted behind fatass in the first round in 2007:
(2) - Calvin Johnson
(3) - Joe Thomas
(6) - LaRon Landry
(7) - Adrian Peterson
(11) - Patrick Willis
(12) - Marshawn Lynch
(14) - Darrelle Revis
(18) - Leon Hall
(23) - Dwayne Bowe
(25) - Jon Beason
(28) - Joe Staley
(29) - Ben Grubbs
Why did you leave Timmons off that list? I get Harrell and Jarvis Moss.
-
Well I disagree slightly only because the CFL, UFL or AFL will give the guy a contract. I mean most of those places are desperate for things to bring people to games (see TO). Just reading an article I found this funny, here's all the people drafted behind fatass in the first round in 2007:
(2) - Calvin Johnson
(3) - Joe Thomas
(6) - LaRon Landry
(7) - Adrian Peterson
(11) - Patrick Willis
(12) - Marshawn Lynch
(14) - Darrelle Revis
(18) - Leon Hall
(23) - Dwayne Bowe
(25) - Jon Beason
(28) - Joe Staley
(29) - Ben Grubbs
Why did you leave Timmons off that list? I get Harrell and Jarvis Moss.
Why did you leave Timmons off that list? I get Harrell and Jarvis Moss.
Well, it seems that that draft was the best of times, the worst of times.
In addition to Russell, the following 1st round picks from that draft are no longer active in the league according to PFR: Gains Adams (who died), Levi Brown, Craig Davis, Anthony Gonzales, Justin Harrell and Jarvis Moss. I don't know if it is that unusual to have so many high draft picks shucked to the wayside only 5-6 years later.
(and I suspect that Timmons was left off because he was only listing those who made the Pro Bowl, which Timmons hasn't.)
-
Beyond that, that 2007 draft was pretty loaded with potential HOFers, such as:
Calvin Johnson: All Pro 2, Pro Bowl 3
Joe Thomas: All Pro 3, Pro Bowl 6
Adrian Peterson: All Pro 3 PB 5
Patrick Willis: AP 5, PB 6
Marshawn Lynch: AP 1, PB 3
Darrelle Revis: AP 3, PB 4
Jon Beason: AP 1, PB 3
Joe Staley: AP 0 PB 2
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login