Congrats Ratbirds
-
alright i know i'll get flamed for 1/2 the shit i'm about to say BUT:
congrats to the super bowl champs...the balt ravens.
yes. i hate 'em. yes the city sucks. but as a true sportman would do, shake your opponents hand and show some respect. besides i followed them when cleveland got fucked as much as i hate to say it. i still had all the jerseys the cards etc. for the players that had left. hell what happened was not their fault.
i only hope our new owner and the extended FO watched the game and were taking notes. not only about how a good coach, a good QB, veteran leadership and smart personnel choices make a franchise.
ray lewis can go fuck himself but my love goes out to ozzie. one of my fave browns players ever has done nothing wrong since modell gave him a chance as team pres. there are only a handful of orgs in the nfl that know how to do it. ne, dallas, giants and 2 others that are in our division (sorry, but true).
haslam has a steep hill to climb, but what i've seen and heard from him, the willingness to reach out to other owners to learn....can only give me hope.
As far as I'm concerned, I agree with you 99%. All except I could not follow the Ravens when they relocated from Cleveland. This morning after the SB was over (it was 4:50 a.m. in Italy) I thought this could have been another SB for the Browns had they only remained where they should have. But that's just another stupid "what if". The Ratbirds are Baltimore's team and bring back to Baltimore a very much deserved Lombardi Trophy. As you say, we just need to take note, learn and execute.
As far as I'm concerned, I agree with you 99%. All except I could not follow the Ravens when they relocated from Cleveland. This morning after the SB was over (it was 4:50 a.m. in Italy) I thought this could have been another SB for the Browns had they only remained where they should have. But that's just another stupid "what if". The Ratbirds are Baltimore's team and bring back to Baltimore a very much deserved Lombardi Trophy. As you say, we just need to take note, learn and execute.
righto.
off topic: were you born in the states and moved to italy? just wondering how you became a browns fan. either way how is italy? one place i've never been. i did the northern euro thing when i was in the army based in germany but never made it south. i really miss the euro lifestyle. sooo much more laid back, better working conditions and seems like people just enjoy life a lot more.
peace.
-
I rooted for the Ravens. They are in our division.
-
-
As far as I'm concerned, I agree with you 99%. All except I could not follow the Ravens when they relocated from Cleveland. This morning after the SB was over (it was 4:50 a.m. in Italy) I thought this could have been another SB for the Browns had they only remained where they should have. But that's just another stupid "what if". The Ratbirds are Baltimore's team and bring back to Baltimore a very much deserved Lombardi Trophy. As you say, we just need to take note, learn and execute.
righto.
off topic: were you born in the states and moved to italy? just wondering how you became a browns fan. either way how is italy? one place i've never been. i did the northern euro thing when i was in the army based in germany but never made it south. i really miss the euro lifestyle. sooo much more laid back, better working conditions and seems like people just enjoy life a lot more.
peace.
righto.
off topic: were you born in the states and moved to italy? just wondering how you became a browns fan. either way how is italy? one place i've never been. i did the northern euro thing when i was in the army based in germany but never made it south. i really miss the euro lifestyle. sooo much more laid back, better working conditions and seems like people just enjoy life a lot more.
peace.
I'm 100% italian and I've never been to the States (other than an 8 hour stop over in Miami while flying to Jamaica for my honeymoon...). I've loved football ever since the first game I watched on TV (1982 Super Bowl between Cincinnati and SF) and here's how I became a Browns fan: I watched the 1987 AFC Championship as a neutral spectator. I have to apologize to you all if I say I enjoyed the Drive that night, as for me the Browns were just one of the NFL teams at the time, although I felt sorry for the home team supporters losing in such a brutal way. The year after I'm sitting in my living room for the re-match and...well...you-know-who did you-know-what and that loss turned to be devastating even to a neutral spectator. I couldn't but feel a strong tie to those supporters and that's how I started to root for the Browns. Then came the Modell move to Baltimore and the absence of information (no internet at the time...!) on what was happening to Cleveland football made my ties to the city and the team even stronger. It's funny how strong your feelings can be for a city you've never been to.
Then the internet era made everything so easy! I watch the Browns game live on NFL Game Pass and I can discuss with you guys like we were sitting at the same table in a Sports Bar. To make it short: I've never been to the States but I feel part of the big Browns community just the same.
And by the way, thanks for asking...

-
Sorry
Fuck em.

WSS ..
-
Fuck the Ravens.. I couldn't root for them if i had money on em..
I will congratulate Ray Lewis for not stabbing anyone during the 34 minute black out
-
Watching Anquan Boldin is like watching what Kellen Winslow used to be.
Jacoby Jones was released last year by the Texans? Holy crap. That dude should have been game MVP or at least Co-MVP.
-
then your all a bunch of traitors...Dont root for the Browns anymore...go root for baltiwhore...like WSS said...fuck'em!
then your all a bunch of traitors...Dont root for the Browns anymore...go root for baltiwhore...like WSS said...fuck'em!
WOW that's pretty stupid. I don't think Mik is in the locker blowing Lewis. He said congratulations because they won the biggest game in sports. Be a man, shake your "opponents" hand, and go on. Calling anyone a traitor for congratulating someone on the other side is just fucking dumb
-
Watching Anquan Boldin is like watching what Kellen Winslow used to be.
Jacoby Jones was released last year by the Texans? Holy crap. That dude should have been game MVP or at least Co-MVP.
-
I think its a rule on this forum you can't say anything positive about anyone not on the Brown's, and even then most the time only insults are allowed
-
I think its a rule on this forum you can't say anything positive about anyone not on the Brown's, and even then most the time only insults are allowed
I think its a rule on this forum you can't say anything positive about anyone not on the Brown's, and even then most the time only insults are allowed
Go to your room.
-
then your all a bunch of traitors...Dont root for the Browns anymore...go root for baltiwhore...like WSS said...fuck'em!
then your all a bunch of traitors...Dont root for the Browns anymore...go root for baltiwhore...like WSS said...fuck'em!
LOL.....no, I'll root for the Browns, thank-you.
Rooting for a division team in a Super Bowl isn't being a traitor. Them doing well in a way makes us better is the way I see it. At least we aren't bottom feeders in a crap division.
As for the whole Baltimore, move thing....I'm over that. I finally came to the conclusion it wasn't their fault we had a carperbagger owner and a city council who couldn't get their thumbs out of their ass long enough to figure out the stadium was crap, which the team and people of Cleveland deserved better.
Yes, I've also rooted for Pittsburh and Cincy when they made Super Bowls.
-
Good guy Ray Lewis

-
The Browns / Ravens thing is LONG over, move on. The Ravens are not the reason we've sucked for the last several years. Modell - yes - miserable jackass, glad he was not inducted to HOF. Ray Lewis - yes - miserable jackass,NOT the greatest linebacker of all time and hate when anyone goes there. LT was. Glad Ray's gone.
But, the Baltimore fans are not responsible for Cleveland and Modell thing. They lost their team too, only they did not get to keep their colors, history, etc. Granted, Cleveland fought that battle and Baltimore probably should have (if they did not) as well, but we have a team, they have a team. I rooted for Ravens too because of division thing, AFC thing, etc. Glad they won, sorry Ray got another ring though. Flacco deserves the recognition and good for him, hope he gets a good contract. Harbaugh is a good coach. Receiving corp extremely talented.
Today another story, SB and season are over. The Ravens are again one of our division rivals, so Go Browns, screw the Ravens.
-
The way I see it, we're the granddaddy of the AFC North. The Bengals and Ravens wouldn't exist if not for the ineptitude of Fart Modell. So I'll semi root for them when it doesn't affect us, unless I happen to really like the team they're against.
I'll never root for the Steelers, however. I'd rather get punched in the dick by Mike Tyson.
-
i don't like the ravens. i just said congrats. sorry if it offends someone to show respect when/where it's due.
i've always hated division rivals...since high school. but if someone in our conference made it to state i'd root for 'em. if a college in ohio (any) is playing someone outside the state i'll root for the team from ohio. and so on. i'd rather have seen cincy in the super bowl but at least it was someone from our division, which to me proves that the division we play in is still one of the best in the league.
hell i'll even say we coulda played the ravens tougher than the niners did (at least first half). which has gotta give a browns fan some hope.
-
then your all a bunch of traitors...Dont root for the Browns anymore...go root for baltiwhore...like WSS said...fuck'em!
WOW that's pretty stupid. I don't think Mik is in the locker blowing Lewis. He said congratulations because they won the biggest game in sports. Be a man, shake your "opponents" hand, and go on. Calling anyone a traitor for congratulating someone on the other side is just fucking dumb
WOW that's pretty stupid. I don't think Mik is in the locker blowing Lewis. He said congratulations because they won the biggest game in sports. Be a man, shake your "opponents" hand, and go on. Calling anyone a traitor for congratulating someone on the other side is just fucking dumb
Are you really dense?...yes you are...you go congratulate the fuckers that stole our team...while your at it...go genuflect and suck ray ray's cock..If you give one ounce a respect to those bastards...your a traitor in My mind...you dont like that...go to hell.
-
I think its a rule on this forum you can't say anything positive about anyone not on the Brown's, and even then most the time only insults are allowed
I think its a rule on this forum you can't say anything positive about anyone not on the Brown's, and even then most the time only insults are allowed
That's right. And if a guy went to Michigan, even if he is on the Browns you still can't say anything positive about him

Actually, some of my favorite Browns were Michiganders. It just so happened that they all came from Ohio.
After all, we all know that with the Ohioans associated with the Michigan football program, it would be on a par with say, Indiana.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
