Comparison Shopping
-
Weeden(yr.1)..15...5-10...297/517...57.4...3385...14/17...72.6
In some ways Weeden's #'s are almost as good as the guy he'll be backing up next year...
Anderson...15.....10-5.....298/527.....56.5.....3787.....29/19.....82.5
-
Why not post his 2006 stats as his first year?
Doesn't fit the argument.
Besides which...saying "he's played for Chud the last 5 years" is a bit of a stretch. How many passes did he throw last year?
-
Why not post his 2006 stats as his first year?
Doesn't fit the argument.
Besides which...saying "he's played for Chud the last 5 years" is a bit of a stretch. How many passes did he throw last year?
-
Two things about Weeden's numbers that stand out are his COMP% and his TD/INT ratio. I think you CAN blame some of that on the youth of the WR corp and the poor coaching, BUT he really needs to improve his accuracy and decision-making in yr two (if he gets the chance). I think he has all the tools to be successful, and would like to see him get a 2nd yr to prove it.
-
I'm wondering what time Mik started drinking this morning.
Maybe he's celebrating Fat Tuesday or maybe he's on a bender.
God, I love benders.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I'm wondering what time Mik started drinking this morning.
Maybe he's celebrating Fat Tuesday or maybe he's on a bender.
God, I love benders.
Zombo
Benders is very good restaurant in downtown Canton.
-
Why not post his 2006 stats as his first year?
I posted the stats of the first year that each of these persons became a primary starter in the NFL.
I don't recall if DA first year as a starter was 2006 or 2007.
I didn't look him up because, unlike the others he is not a Hall of Fame candidate or championship caliber QB, and he was not drafted in the last 2 years.
That was DA's best year. I did not use the best year for any of these guys per se, though, obviously for some like the rookies that was their best year because it was their only year.
-
I forgot Anderson played in 06 until I looked it up.
He relieved an injured Charlie Frye and we won an exciting game against KC.
Then he started against Pittsburgh and Baltimore, games we lost, but he played OK.
Then he had a horrid performance in a loss to a bad Tampa Bay team before Frye came back for the finale.
The next year Romeo did his infamous "coin flip" while trying to choose between Frye and Anderson while all the school girls got excited over training camp holdout Brady Quinn.
Then Frye shit the bed in the opener and Anderson had that good season under Chud.
Then he pretty much shit the bed the rest of his career. With the exception of the MNF game against the Giants in 08.
And then Quinn shit the bed.
Which begat Delhommo, McCoy and Weeden who have all had their share of bed shitting days.
Stop the shitting of the sheets.
Zombo
-
Two things about Weeden's numbers that stand out are his COMP% and his TD/INT ratio. I think you CAN blame some of that on the youth of the WR corp and the poor coaching, BUT he really needs to improve his accuracy and decision-making in yr two (if he gets the chance). I think he has all the tools to be successful, and would like to see him get a 2nd yr to prove it.
-
Completion percentage is overrated.
Sincerely,
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl MVP with a 59% completion percentage this yr
Possibly true. Nevertheless you don't want to see your QB missing open receivers. Especially on short passes that are necessary to make a first down and keep drives alive. We used to have a QB that seemed to constantly come up short that way. Can't recall who exactly. I think his nickname was "The Prosecutor".
-
I'm wondering what time Mik started drinking this morning.
Maybe he's celebrating Fat Tuesday or maybe he's on a bender.
God, I love benders.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I'm wondering what time Mik started drinking this morning.
Maybe he's celebrating Fat Tuesday or maybe he's on a bender.
God, I love benders.
Zombo
Well, I'm in the midst of a bender that has been raging late. I fucking love benders!!!
-
Weeden(yr.1)..15...5-10...297/517...57.4...3385...14/17...72.6
In some ways Weeden's #'s are almost as good as the guy he'll be backing up next year...
Anderson...15.....10-5.....298/527.....56.5.....3787.....29/19.....82.5
In some ways Weeden's #'s are almost as good as the guy he'll be backing up next year...
Anderson...15.....10-5.....298/527.....56.5.....3787.....29/19.....82.5
I agree with Zombo. A choice between DA and Weeden is an easy one.
How did we end up using a 1st round pick on Weeden? Thank goodness we have a new regime in charge.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login