Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Just Getting Into The Nfl...

Just Getting Into The Nfl...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
20 Posts 13 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Hellfirehound H
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    H Hellfirehound wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hey all,

    I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

    I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

    Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

    Oh, and hello from Scotland!

    Hellfirehound

    Z The GipperT R B ? 5 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • blowe B
      • 2k Posts
      • 127 Reputation
      B blowe wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Welcome to real football. That sissy soccer crap isn't looked upon very highly here.

      Also good luck on the rules of football. Its a complicated sport that takes years to fully understand.

      Go Browns

      "The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things " - mike huckabee
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Soju SojuS
        • 945 Posts
        • 69 Reputation
        SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by Soju
        #3

        years to understand? Stop lying. It'll take him about 1 or 2 games to understand the basics.

        Welcome aboard OP!

        Oh, and why did you choose the Browns to follow?

        B 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • H Hellfirehound

          Hey all,

          I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

          I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

          Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

          Oh, and hello from Scotland!

          Hellfirehound

          Zombo Z
          • 8k Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @hellfirehound said:

          Hey all,

          I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

          I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

          Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

          Oh, and hello from Scotland!

          Hellfirehound

          So you are sick of soccer and you chose the Browns from all the way in Scotland?

          I got your back from now on, HellFire.

          We have another Great Scot in the house, as well several hardcore UK blokes.

          Here are the rules of football:

          1. Steelers Suck.

          Everything else you should easily pick up from there.

          Zombo

          --and tell your brother that RG3 will be in a walking cast by the time Trent is winning his third NFL MVP.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • H Hellfirehound

            Hey all,

            I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

            I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

            Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

            Oh, and hello from Scotland!

            Hellfirehound

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @hellfirehound said:

            Hey all,

            I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

            I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

            Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

            Oh, and hello from Scotland!

            Hellfirehound

            Welcome from Planet Earth where Football (not futbol) is king. You may want to look up member Kmac who is also from Scotland. Where in Scotland are you? You may be neighbors.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • jlowe jloweJ One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 95 Posts
              • 5 Reputation
              jloweJ jlowe wrote on last edited by
              #6

              you mean people choose this way of life?

              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • Hellfirehound H
                • 4 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                H Hellfirehound wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Lol thanks guys,

                Yeah Soccer is a bit of a wimps game. One tap on the ankle and they sure ham it up.

                I don't know why I chose the Browns, I'm sure I'll have a change of heart once my medication wears off....

                Thanks for the welcome, gotta get back to the rules....

                Cheers

                HFH

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Hellfirehound H
                  • 4 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  H Hellfirehound wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Oh and Kman is in St Andrews, just over the river from me (kinda, about 30 miles).

                  I'm in a little town called Forfar...imagine if graveyards had stop signals and you're half way to describing Forfar

                  http://goo.gl/maps/p2Pxi

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • SojuS Soju

                    years to understand? Stop lying. It'll take him about 1 or 2 games to understand the basics.

                    Welcome aboard OP!

                    Oh, and why did you choose the Browns to follow?

                    blowe B
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 127 Reputation
                    B blowe wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @soju said:

                    years to understand? Stop lying. It'll take him about 1 or 2 games to understand the basics.

                    Welcome aboard OP!

                    Oh, and why did you choose the Browns to follow?

                    I meant the true ins and outs of the game.. X's and O's That's what I should have said

                    "The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things " - mike huckabee
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • ErnieCamacho84 ErnieCamacho84E
                      • 165 Posts
                      • 54 Reputation
                      ErnieCamacho84E ErnieCamacho84 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • H Hellfirehound

                        Hey all,

                        I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

                        I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

                        Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

                        Oh, and hello from Scotland!

                        Hellfirehound

                        roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 80 Reputation
                        R roach wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @hellfirehound said:

                        Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season

                        Dude, get with Keith and learn. He has a wealth of knowledge.

                        When your number is called and you have the guts to make a pilgrimage to a game in Cleveland, ride Keith's coattails.

                        HOWEVER, once here don't get in his way. The guy is a legend at Flannery's, The Tilted Kilt, The Hard Rock Cafe, and other places. Keep your distance, watch him work the ladies, and learn from the Master.

                        The GipperT kamac19K 2 Replies Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • R roach

                          @hellfirehound said:

                          Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season

                          Dude, get with Keith and learn. He has a wealth of knowledge.

                          When your number is called and you have the guts to make a pilgrimage to a game in Cleveland, ride Keith's coattails.

                          HOWEVER, once here don't get in his way. The guy is a legend at Flannery's, The Tilted Kilt, The Hard Rock Cafe, and other places. Keep your distance, watch him work the ladies, and learn from the Master.

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @roach said:

                          Dude, get with Keith and learn. He has a wealth of knowledge.

                          When your number is called and you have the guts to make a pilgrimage to a game in Cleveland, ride Keith's coattails.

                          HOWEVER, once here don't get in his way. The guy is a legend at Flannery's, The Tilted Kilt, The Hard Rock Cafe, and other places. Keep your distance, watch him work the ladies, and learn from the Master.

                          And if you feel the compunction to turn the tables on Edward Longshanks and become The Hammer of the Brits, we will likely have a couple available for your pleasure.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • R roach

                            @hellfirehound said:

                            Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season

                            Dude, get with Keith and learn. He has a wealth of knowledge.

                            When your number is called and you have the guts to make a pilgrimage to a game in Cleveland, ride Keith's coattails.

                            HOWEVER, once here don't get in his way. The guy is a legend at Flannery's, The Tilted Kilt, The Hard Rock Cafe, and other places. Keep your distance, watch him work the ladies, and learn from the Master.

                            kamac19 kamac19K One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 283 Posts
                            • 44 Reputation
                            kamac19K kamac19 wrote on last edited by kamac19
                            #13

                            @roach said:

                            Dude, get with Keith and learn. He has a wealth of knowledge.

                            When your number is called and you have the guts to make a pilgrimage to a game in Cleveland, ride Keith's coattails.

                            HOWEVER, once here don't get in his way. The guy is a legend at Flannery's, The Tilted Kilt, The Hard Rock Cafe, and other places. Keep your distance, watch him work the ladies, and learn from the Master.

                            Well maybe blowing my trumpet a bit much there Ed, but hey I do try my best when over, wouldnt go to the Master definition quite yet, still plenty to learn, have to survive a Summer drinking Margarita's with Stan & Kathy

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Hellfirehound H
                              • 4 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              H Hellfirehound wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              sits quietly in corner and says nothing

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • HowieDawg HowieDawgH
                                • 664 Posts
                                • 59 Reputation
                                HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                That now means the Scots have equal numbers against the English - we may be all Brits to our American cousins but me and G might get a little uneasy at two difficult accents to decipher behind the noise of the Tilted Kilt. 😉

                                Well Hellfire, welcome - you made the right team choice - we are going to win the Superbowl next season so timing is spot on. Kamac19 is indeed a legend and has repped Scotland extremely well over in CLE - one more for the tartan army would be fun!

                                I'll tell the winking lizard to deep fry one more Mars Bar for when you decide to visit!

                                GO BROWNS!

                                BTW - if you want some advice on Browns History books to read let me know - I have reads dozens.

                                Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16
                                  slowburnS 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                    • 57k Posts
                                    • 4k Reputation
                                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • H Hellfirehound

                                      Hey all,

                                      I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

                                      I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

                                      Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

                                      Oh, and hello from Scotland!

                                      Hellfirehound

                                      Browns_FanMan B
                                      • 5 Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      B Browns_FanMan wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @hellfirehound said:

                                      Hey all,

                                      I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

                                      I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

                                      Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

                                      Oh, and hello from Scotland!

                                      Hellfirehound

                                      Dear God, you're going to root for the Browns on purpose? In 2013? You might be bloody crazy!

                                      Haha - in all seriousness, this may be a good year to start watching us.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • H Hellfirehound

                                        Hey all,

                                        I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

                                        I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

                                        Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

                                        Oh, and hello from Scotland!

                                        Hellfirehound

                                        88fingerslewy ?
                                        • Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        ? 88fingerslewy wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @hellfirehound said:

                                        Hey all,

                                        I decided today to get into the NFL, and chose the Browns as my team of choice.

                                        I got fed up of watching soccer, and my brother is a Redskins fan (go easy on him, he can't help it)

                                        Anyway just thought I'd show my face and say hello. I'm still not totally up on the rules of Fottball but i'll be good by the time the season starts.

                                        Oh, and hello from Scotland!

                                        Hellfirehound

                                        My family's from the Argyll. Campbelltown and Southend (Mull of Kintyre). Johnston and Campbell clan (yes the same Campbells at the Glencoe massacre. Never gonna live that one down) Welcome Hellfirehound.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • The GipperT The Gipper
                                          slowburn slowburnS
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 116 Reputation
                                          slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @the-gipper said:

                                          She's bloody hot!!!!!

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate