Should We Be Excited About Norv Turner?
-
There is no reason why they can't turn this around in one year.
The key is the QB play, with a good draft and some solid free agents we should have the ingredients to contend in 2013.
Young teams with talent go from losing to playoffs all the time ... this team needs a QB to step up and excel, I'm confident Chud & Turner will put him in a system that can succeed.
Zombo
-
There is no reason why they can't turn this around in one year.
The key is the QB play, with a good draft and some solid free agents we should have the ingredients to contend in 2013.
Young teams with talent go from losing to playoffs all the time ... this team needs a QB to step up and excel, I'm confident Chud & Turner will put him in a system that can succeed.
Zombo
Zombo said:
There is no reason why they can't turn this around in one year.
The key is the QB play, with a good draft and some solid free agents we should have the ingredients to contend in 2013.
Young teams with talent go from losing to playoffs all the time ... this team needs a QB to step up and excel, I'm confident Chud & Turner will put him in a system that can succeed.
Zombo
I see no reason why DA won't have a break out year with Weeden as his backup.
-
Zombo said:
There is no reason why they can't turn this around in one year.
The key is the QB play, with a good draft and some solid free agents we should have the ingredients to contend in 2013.
Young teams with talent go from losing to playoffs all the time ... this team needs a QB to step up and excel, I'm confident Chud & Turner will put him in a system that can succeed.
Zombo
I see no reason why DA won't have a break out year with Weeden as his backup.
I see no reason why DA won't have a break out year with Weeden as his backup.
Alright, Lumbergh.
-
I am.
The reason Turner got several shots as a head coach is because he IS a great OC. No doubt about it. Bring in DA to go with Weeden, draft a developmental QB if need be in the 4th and go with that.
We can win with that.
-
Shurmur tried to stick with his WCO even though we had a QB better suited for a shotgun/aerial attack. He was a hardheaded asshole who wouldn't adjust his or his daddy's (Holmgren) style to get the most out of his players. The best coaches take their best players and tailor their system to what most out of them.
Norv seems to have the players that will fit his system without much tailoring. I think this was a great pick for OC.
-
I am.
The reason Turner got several shots as a head coach is because he IS a great OC. No doubt about it. Bring in DA to go with Weeden, draft a developmental QB if need be in the 4th and go with that.
We can win with that.
I am.
The reason Turner got several shots as a head coach is because he IS a great OC. No doubt about it. Bring in DA to go with Weeden, draft a developmental QB if need be in the 4th and go with that.
We can win with that.
^+1. Exactly 'Peen. Turner is one of the many examples of the Peter Principle at work. Just because the guy is a tremendous coordinator, doesn't necessarily make him HC material. Dick Le Beau may go down as one of the greatest DCs ever- and he was a lousy HC.
I'm actually excited to see what the Browns offense can do with competent coaching calling the shots for a change.
-
There is always a team that puts up a good record after years of terrible play. Problem is, if it is not a good organization, it doesn't last.
It has to be from the top to sustain a winning organization.
Winning organizations have a down year every once an a while. Losing organizations have a winning season every once in a while.
-
Last year, neither any of us nor the players themselves had any idea whether or not these young players had qualified coaching. It certainly appears they did NOT.
With Norv, Weeden, Richardson, Gordon, et al HAVE to be enthused about & confident in the coaching & mentoring they will receive.
Excited about Norv Turner?...Personally, I don't believe we could have done better.
Mike
-
Last year, neither any of us nor the players themselves had any idea whether or not these young players had qualified coaching. It certainly appears they did NOT.
With Norv, Weeden, Richardson, Gordon, et al HAVE to be enthused about & confident in the coaching & mentoring they will receive.
Excited about Norv Turner?...Personally, I don't believe we could have done better.
Mike
Excited about Norv Turner?...Personally, I don't believe we could have done better.
Mike
As an offensive coordinator and playcaller, I would completely agree.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login