Skip to content

The Yearly Calfox's Stupid, Way Too Early Browns Mock Draft

The Browns Board
22 10 1.4k
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Man, I picked a terrific OG to nab in my stupid mock draft......

    Gilkey was bullied as a freshman.......

    I'd draft him in a New York second.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/proud-small-town-prospect-gilkey-221026323--nfl.html

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    How about this............. We draft 4 players that start for the Browns for 7 years.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Except for the medical concerns, it would be

    Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones. but Ansah is 6'5" and 260 lbs of very, very quick on his feet qb getter. He's a freak

    athletically, and not as raw as Jordan. He runs the forty faster than Jarvis Jones. His upside is all pro, to me. He could go at DE in the 3-4 with another twenty lbs,

    or OLB.

    I watched Jordan and Ansah closely last year. In the games I saw, Jordan is a much better player than ansah.

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @lumbergh said:

    I watched Jordan and Ansah closely last year. In the games I saw, Jordan is a much better player than ansah.

    Yes thats probably true since Ansah has played only 3 yrs of football. But I think Ansah has HUGE upside because I don't think he even know what he can do yet. I would love Ansah at 6.

  • @lumbergh said:

    I watched Jordan and Ansah closely last year. In the games I saw, Jordan is a much better player than ansah.

    Yes thats probably true since Ansah has played only 3 yrs of football. But I think Ansah has HUGE upside because I don't think he even know what he can do yet. I would love Ansah at 6.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by Lumbergh
    #15

    @runyon27 said:

    Yes thats probably true since Ansah has played only 3 yrs of football. But I think Ansah has HUGE upside because I don't think he even know what he can do yet. I would love Ansah at 6.

    "Huge upside" just means he hasn't done shit. The best 2 players on BYU's defense last year were Kyle Van Noy and Brandon Ogletree, not Ansah. Don't take projects at the top of the draft.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #16

    "Huge upside" just means he hasn't done shit. The best 2 players on BYU's defense last year were Kyle Van Noy and Brandon Ogletree, not Ansah. Don't take projects at the top of the draft. Lumb

    ******************************

    Ogletree has serious character/off the field issues. He will NOT be drafted by the Browns. Take it to the bank.

    And Kyle Van Noy is not entering the draft. He's staying for his senior year.

    and Ansah is impressing many, many people. Watch him at the combine.

  • "Huge upside" just means he hasn't done shit. The best 2 players on BYU's defense last year were Kyle Van Noy and Brandon Ogletree, not Ansah. Don't take projects at the top of the draft. Lumb

    ******************************

    Ogletree has serious character/off the field issues. He will NOT be drafted by the Browns. Take it to the bank.

    And Kyle Van Noy is not entering the draft. He's staying for his senior year.

    and Ansah is impressing many, many people. Watch him at the combine.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @calfoxwc said:

    Ogletree has serious character/off the field issues. He will NOT be drafted by the Browns. Take it to the bank.

    Brandon Ogletree from BYU is a different guy than the Ogletree from Georgia. I think Brandon Ogletree would be a good undrafted FA to sign for somebody.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #18

    oops. My bad.... You'd think "Ogletree" would only occur once in the draft...@@

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I'd rather have Marquess Wilson from Washington State in the 4th round over Gilkey, Wilson is a first-round talent who clashed with the new coach. He'll be available.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #20

    He is quite a talent at wr, but a serious lack of work ethic and character questions....

    the Browns are drafting for character and work ethic. I think the Browns will sign a veteran wr....

    But after watching the db's at the combine, I think I'd change my db pick in the third round to

    Darius Slay, maybe. He ran faster, and may have a better feel for catching the ball....

  • He is quite a talent at wr, but a serious lack of work ethic and character questions....

    the Browns are drafting for character and work ethic. I think the Browns will sign a veteran wr....

    But after watching the db's at the combine, I think I'd change my db pick in the third round to

    Darius Slay, maybe. He ran faster, and may have a better feel for catching the ball....

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @calfoxwc said:

    He is quite a talent at wr, but a serious lack of work ethic and character questions....

    I wouldn't say that for sure. There was a near mutiny against Mike Leach at WSU this year. Wilson wasn't the only one who left the program. Leach is one weird dude. Sounds like he singled out Wilson, a senior and the team's best player, and hammered on him daily.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #22

    That may be - the Browns will know the truth about it all. That's the problem with us sitting on the sidelines, so to speak.... we don't know a whole lot.... it's still entertaining to try to figure it out.