Silly Brits?
-
Boy, they're really missing out. Sorry browns board brits, but while rugby is fine, it really sucks ass compared to football.
Well, I also hate to say it, but overall I think that Americans are better at pronouncing the English language than the Brits are. Perhaps not the "Queen's English" but the common street English is always what I call "clipped" by the Brits to make their words almost indescernible. E.g:
Th' Bri'ish alaze den say th' ends of the' wuds" Tha' sim t' cu' off th' last si'a'bol. I' makes i' 'ard t' fo'ow wha' tha are tryn' t' say. Too righ'?
Well, I also hate to say it, but overall I think that Americans are better at pronouncing the English language than the Brits are. Perhaps not the "Queen's English" but the common street English is always what I call "clipped" by the Brits to make their words almost indescernible. E.g:
Th' Bri'ish alaze den say th' ends of the' wuds" Tha' sim t' cu' off th' last si'a'bol. I' makes i' 'ard t' fo'ow wha' tha are tryn' t' say. Too righ'?
We talk proper over ere!!!

-
Yhanks for the post. It is really fascinating to me to see how little they really know about the most popular sport in this country. But then again I know even less about soccer then they do about football. Maybe on of the men from over the pond could tell us if this is common or if this group has a below average football IQ. Also fascinating to see what the did know about and how they relate it.
-
let's wotch some tele in the lounge. or at it's best the gaaaayraj.
love the brits. they gave us our independence and have stood by our side since. (serious props!)
europe is very cool, but expensive. only thing they do worse than us is tabloid news (i guess it's great if you love that shite).
marge thatcher was one handsome lady.
-
Im dating a Brit and she is like clueless like these girls. Dont worry guys I am turning her to the dark side "a browns fan". Now I have to watch this sport they call football which is really soccer and pretty boring.
-
let's wotch some tele in the lounge. or at it's best the gaaaayraj.
love the brits. they gave us our independence and have stood by our side since. (serious props!)
europe is very cool, but expensive. only thing they do worse than us is tabloid news (i guess it's great if you love that shite).
marge thatcher was one handsome lady.
let's wotch some tele in the lounge. or at it's best the gaaaayraj.
love the brits. they gave us our independence and have stood by our side since. (serious props!)
europe is very cool, but expensive. only thing they do worse than us is tabloid news (i guess it's great if you love that shite).
marge thatcher was one handsome lady.
They didn't just give us our independence we had to kick their ass. By the way, they thought about backing the confederates in the civil war but lost their taste for it after Antietam. But, I've got a lot of love for the brits. Soccer still sucks though.
-
It's all culturally based. That's all I watched when I lived there. As a tri-citizen of the USA, Ireland and England, the NFL is WAY better than anything on the planet.
-
let's wotch some tele in the lounge. or at it's best the gaaaayraj.
love the brits. they gave us our independence and have stood by our side since. (serious props!)
europe is very cool, but expensive. only thing they do worse than us is tabloid news (i guess it's great if you love that shite).
marge thatcher was one handsome lady.
They didn't just give us our independence we had to kick their ass. By the way, they thought about backing the confederates in the civil war but lost their taste for it after Antietam. But, I've got a lot of love for the brits. Soccer still sucks though.
They didn't just give us our independence we had to kick their ass. By the way, they thought about backing the confederates in the civil war but lost their taste for it after Antietam. But, I've got a lot of love for the brits. Soccer still sucks though.
Wow, that was classy
-
The gals have pretty decent teeth unlike most Brits

-
-
They didn't just give us our independence we had to kick their ass. By the way, they thought about backing the confederates in the civil war but lost their taste for it after Antietam. But, I've got a lot of love for the brits. Soccer still sucks though.
Wow, that was classy
88fingerslewy said:
Wow, that was classy
Oh yeah, sure. Don't you remember the brits just handing the U.S. independence, no questions asked? They've been good friends since around the start of WWI but before that we had some fights. You might remember hearing about that, right? The revolutionary war? The war of 1812? They didn't join in the civil war, but they did consider it, on the confederate side. That's a fact, jack. Look it up. If Antietam hadn't been such a horrifying killing field we might have been looking at a much different United States right now. Guess the brits didn't have much of an inkling to see their own boys' bodies filling up the sunken road, and really who can blame them? I do love their music and culture in my lifetime, but they're still largely missing out on football.
-
88fingerslewy said:
Wow, that was classy
Oh yeah, sure. Don't you remember the brits just handing the U.S. independence, no questions asked? They've been good friends since around the start of WWI but before that we had some fights. You might remember hearing about that, right? The revolutionary war? The war of 1812? They didn't join in the civil war, but they did consider it, on the confederate side. That's a fact, jack. Look it up. If Antietam hadn't been such a horrifying killing field we might have been looking at a much different United States right now. Guess the brits didn't have much of an inkling to see their own boys' bodies filling up the sunken road, and really who can blame them? I do love their music and culture in my lifetime, but they're still largely missing out on football.
Oh yeah, sure. Don't you remember the brits just handing the U.S. independence, no questions asked? They've been good friends since around the start of WWI but before that we had some fights. You might remember hearing about that, right? The revolutionary war? The war of 1812? They didn't join in the civil war, but they did consider it, on the confederate side. That's a fact, jack. Look it up. If Antietam hadn't been such a horrifying killing field we might have been looking at a much different United States right now. Guess the brits didn't have much of an inkling to see their own boys' bodies filling up the sunken road, and really who can blame them? I do love their music and culture in my lifetime, but they're still largely missing out on football.
Not disputing the facts, classy AND awesome.
-
FYI Most Younger Brits have good teeth and its the older generations that have jacked teeth that put Austin Powers to shame.
-
Well if we are stating facts the colonists did get kind of greedy...
But how can you expect to rule such a large group across an Ocean.
Soccer is great. Far far more exciting than baseball. How the hell that's still around idk, tradition I guess. But looking at these ballparks not filling up maybe it will start to fade.
-
Well if we are stating facts the colonists did get kind of greedy...
But how can you expect to rule such a large group across an Ocean.
Soccer is great. Far far more exciting than baseball. How the hell that's still around idk, tradition I guess. But looking at these ballparks not filling up maybe it will start to fade.
Well if we are stating facts the colonists did get kind of greedy...
But how can you expect to rule such a large group across an Ocean.
Soccer is great. Far far more exciting than baseball. How the hell that's still around idk, tradition I guess. But looking at these ballparks not filling up maybe it will start to fade.
Yep, sure Woody. Thats why Progressive Field sold out for he home opener in 6 minutes, and Baseball is extremely popular in Asia and Latin America also. Get ya head outa ya ass.
-
Well if we are stating facts the colonists did get kind of greedy...
But how can you expect to rule such a large group across an Ocean.
Soccer is great. Far far more exciting than baseball. How the hell that's still around idk, tradition I guess. But looking at these ballparks not filling up maybe it will start to fade.
Yep, sure Woody. Thats why Progressive Field sold out for he home opener in 6 minutes, and Baseball is extremely popular in Asia and Latin America also. Get ya head outa ya ass.
Yep, sure Woody. Thats why Progressive Field sold out for he home opener in 6 minutes, and Baseball is extremely popular in Asia and Latin America also. Get ya head outa ya ass.
Well when the season drags on for 758 games there definitely is a drop at some point
-
I like how that have that one random Florida fan who obviously knew everything. And I have a feeling if you asked that Blonde girl what 5x10 was she would come up with 15.
-
This was funny. yep, over here people in general have no clue whatsoever. I'm always up for some explanation activity to genuinely interested people but the ones who open with NFL is gay rugby get ignored by me. Your game of football is the greatest sport available to watch on this planet and if people want to judge it from a position of ignorance, let them. GO BROWNS.
-
FYI Most Younger Brits have good teeth and its the older generations that have jacked teeth that put Austin Powers to shame.
FYI Most Younger Brits have good teeth and its the older generations that have jacked teeth that put Austin Powers to shame.
You know what, you Americans do have good teeth. I think that it's only my teeth that have prevented so many hot chicks jumping me when I visit Cleveland every year. I'm going to have to get them done before this season's visit. Yeah baby.
And for the record, I have travelled to many many countries over all continents and the most genuine, friendly and hospitable people I have ever met all live in the USA. You add a common bond of OHIO football into that mix, especially the Browns, most hospitable people on the planet. I have also met some right arseholes in the USA, but they were all wearing Steelers jerseys.
H
-
This was funny. yep, over here people in general have no clue whatsoever. I'm always up for some explanation activity to genuinely interested people but the ones who open with NFL is gay rugby get ignored by me. Your game of football is the greatest sport available to watch on this planet and if people want to judge it from a position of ignorance, let them. GO BROWNS.
This was funny. yep, over here people in general have no clue whatsoever. I'm always up for some explanation activity to genuinely interested people but the ones who open with NFL is gay rugby get ignored by me. Your game of football is the greatest sport available to watch on this planet and if people want to judge it from a position of ignorance, let them. GO BROWNS.
Gay Rugby? Rugby's the one where guys in shorts are grinding all over each other. In football, you tackle the guy, you get up and move on. Lord only knows what goes on in those "scrums".
Zombo
-
This was funny. yep, over here people in general have no clue whatsoever. I'm always up for some explanation activity to genuinely interested people but the ones who open with NFL is gay rugby get ignored by me. Your game of football is the greatest sport available to watch on this planet and if people want to judge it from a position of ignorance, let them. GO BROWNS.
Gay Rugby? Rugby's the one where guys in shorts are grinding all over each other. In football, you tackle the guy, you get up and move on. Lord only knows what goes on in those "scrums".
Zombo
Zombo said:
Gay Rugby? Rugby's the one where guys in shorts are grinding all over each other. In football, you tackle the guy, you get up and move on. Lord only knows what goes on in those "scrums".
Zombo
Exactly - that's why I walk on when those comments come out.... dont get me wrong, rugby is a great game but you know where my heart is at
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login
