Skip to content

Potential Fa Pickup

The Browns Board
4 4 683
  • I'd like to see Cleveland go after Chris Gamble after he gets cut by Carolina because of his $11M salary. His drawbacks are the injury history and his age (30 this month). Hometown discount?

    And just to be clear, this is sarcasm: Eric Wright is available, hooray.. his contract voided because he got himself suspended last year.

  • I'd like to see Cleveland go after Chris Gamble after he gets cut by Carolina because of his $11M salary. His drawbacks are the injury history and his age (30 this month). Hometown discount?

    And just to be clear, this is sarcasm: Eric Wright is available, hooray.. his contract voided because he got himself suspended last year.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I'd like to see Cleveland go after Chris Gamble after he gets cut by Carolina because of his $11M salary. His drawbacks are the injury history and his age (30 this month). Hometown discount?

    And just to be clear, this is sarcasm: Eric Wright is available, hooray.. his contract voided because he got himself suspended last year.

    Gamble is still a viable corner but his skills have been diminishing the past few seasons. I'm here in Charlotte and people have been calling for his head and for semi-good reason. He's alright but just watching some games his skill set is noticeably worse. He'd still be a lot better than what we put opposite of Haden though, I wouldn't hate it for cheap.

  • William Gay was cut today by the Cardinals. I'm not sure how Horton feels about Gay, but the connection is there and CB is a position of need for us. I wouldn't be opposed to it, he is small and quick. But this would leave us with possibly the smallest starting defensive secondary in the league.

    On another note, Jairus Byrd was franchise tagged today.

  • William Gay was cut today by the Cardinals. I'm not sure how Horton feels about Gay, but the connection is there and CB is a position of need for us. I wouldn't be opposed to it, he is small and quick. But this would leave us with possibly the smallest starting defensive secondary in the league.

    On another note, Jairus Byrd was franchise tagged today.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    William Gay was cut today by the Cardinals. I'm not sure how Horton feels about Gay, but the connection is there and CB is a position of need for us. I wouldn't be opposed to it, he is small and quick. But this would leave us with possibly the smallest starting defensive secondary in the league.

    On another note, Jairus Byrd was franchise tagged today.

    Though some posters disagree with me- we have to find someone better than Sheldon Brown opposite Haden. We can move SB back to safety opposite Ward.