Colt Mccoy
-
McCoy, 26, triggered escalators in 2012
How did he trigger them? By handing off and drilling some passes into the turf before getting hurt?
Zombo
Zombo said:
How did he trigger them? By handing off and drilling some passes into the turf before getting hurt?
Zombo
Totally agree trying to figure that one out at this moment.
-
incomprehensibley befuddling
-
Probably because he is still on the team.....now we get to opt out.....and will.
-
The only way he "triggered" anything was by simply being on the roster.. IMHO just being on the roster really shouldn't be called a trigger.
No worries - cut him and pick up someone.. anyone but derek anderson.
-
McCoy, 26, triggered escalators in 2012
How did he trigger them? By handing off and drilling some passes into the turf before getting hurt?
Zombo
Zombo said:
How did he trigger them? By handing off and drilling some passes into the turf before getting hurt?
Zombo
He triggered them his rookie season when he reached a certain amount of starts of passing yards. Since he was told he was just going to sit, the organization have him these triggers as incentive. We know how the season worked out and he reached his triggers that no one thought a guy who was supposed to sit as 3rd string the whole season would.
-
Colt deserves this raise because he's going to get a fair shot this year and he's going to be our starting QB when the games start counting. Not only that, he's going to lead our team to the promised land- The Playoffs, This year! He's probably going to throw for 26 TD and scramble for another 8 easy. Something to the order of 3,700 yards vs. 13 interceptions. Even at his best Hillis is no Trent Richardson and that alone will be enough to let Colt truely shine like I know he can.
-
Colt deserves this raise because he's going to get a fair shot this year and he's going to be our starting QB when the games start counting. Not only that, he's going to lead our team to the promised land- The Playoffs, This year! He's probably going to throw for 26 TD and scramble for another 8 easy. Something to the order of 3,700 yards vs. 13 interceptions. Even at his best Hillis is no Trent Richardson and that alone will be enough to let Colt truely shine like I know he can.
Colt deserves this raise because he's going to get a fair shot this year and he's going to be our starting QB when the games start counting. Not only that, he's going to lead our team to the promised land- The Playoffs, This year! He's probably going to throw for 26 TD and scramble for another 8 easy. Something to the order of 3,700 yards vs. 13 interceptions. Even at his best Hillis is no Trent Richardson and that alone will be enough to let Colt truly shine like I know he can.
Can I have some of what you're smoking? He'll get a fair shot on another team to be the backup quarterback.
Seriously- let's take Weeden out of the picture for a minute- if the Browns thought McCoy was the answer, why were they even in the bidding for RG III?
Don't kill yourself when the Browns cut Colt loose.
-
It's funny how people become fans of a Quarterback instead of fans of a team. I don't know if Poetic is pulling our strings (probably) or not, but there is no way in hell McCoy will be here come training camp.
-
It's funny how people become fans of a Quarterback instead of fans of a team. I don't know if Poetic is pulling our strings (probably) or not, but there is no way in hell McCoy will be here come training camp.
It's funny how people become fans of a Quarterback instead of fans of a team. I don't know if Poetic is pulling our strings (probably) or not, but there is no way in hell McCoy will be here come training camp.
You would have to think and hope so with 8 scrambling TD comment
-
Did anyone read the article written about Weeden fitting into the new offense.
-
McCoy, 26, triggered escalators in 2012
How did he trigger them? By handing off and drilling some passes into the turf before getting hurt?
Zombo
Zombo said:
How did he trigger them? By handing off and drilling some passes into the turf before getting hurt?
Zombo
Probably merely a roster bonus.
-
While I'm no Colt McCoy fan, I sure don't get all excited about Brandon Weeden either! IMHO, the Browns STILL have no QB. 14 seasons after coming back into the league we're still starting the season without knowing for sure who are QB is gonna be!
-
Thats because you haven't seen Weeden succeed yet
-
Weeden is going to be 30 years old next season! By the time he "succeeds" he'll be ready to retire! Besides, a canon for an arm doesn't mean much if it's not connected to an NFL brain!
-
Weeden is going to be 30 years old next season! By the time he "succeeds" he'll be ready to retire! Besides, a canon for an arm doesn't mean much if it's not connected to an NFL brain!
Weeden is going to be 30 years old next season! By the time he "succeeds" he'll be ready to retire! Besides, a canon for an arm doesn't mean much if it's not connected to an NFL brain!
He may be a complete success next year for all you know. Many QBs get by their second year. And are you saying that age is too old?
Then I guess you believe the Peyton Manning and Tom Brady should have each retired several years ago. I mean jeez, they are what? 37 and 35 respectively. Too damn old for this league?
-
It's going to be Weeden and either:
Matt Moore, Matt Cassell, Derek Anderson
My money is on Moore.
Don't forget Thad, he played well against the Steelers.
McCoy is gone.
Zombo
Zombo said:
It's going to be Weeden and either:
Matt Moore, Matt Cassell, Derek Anderson
My money is on Moore.
Don't forget Thad, he played well against the Steelers.
McCoy is gone.
Zombo
I don't think it will be Cassell. I could see Anderson or Moore and I wouldn't mind it being Matt Moore. He played well for the Dolphins down the stretch before they drafted Tannehill.
-
Weeden is going to be 30 years old next season! By the time he "succeeds" he'll be ready to retire! Besides, a canon for an arm doesn't mean much if it's not connected to an NFL brain!
He may be a complete success next year for all you know. Many QBs get by their second year. And are you saying that age is too old?
Then I guess you believe the Peyton Manning and Tom Brady should have each retired several years ago. I mean jeez, they are what? 37 and 35 respectively. Too damn old for this league?
He may be a complete success next year for all you know.
"May be" just gets old!!! For all YOU know, he may suck worse than last year! Frankly, I'm tired of wondering who the Brown's QB is going to be every year.
I'm an "old" fan, I've been following the Browns since 1962. It never used to be like this. But it's been this way since 1999.
-
He may be a complete success next year for all you know.
"May be" just gets old!!! For all YOU know, he may suck worse than last year! Frankly, I'm tired of wondering who the Brown's QB is going to be every year.
I'm an "old" fan, I've been following the Browns since 1962. It never used to be like this. But it's been this way since 1999.
"May be" just gets old!!! For all YOU know, he may suck worse than last year! Frankly, I'm tired of wondering who the Brown's QB is going to be every year.
I'm an "old" fan, I've been following the Browns since 1962. It never used to be like this. But it's been this way since 1999.
Well, let's see, in the past we have acquired Super Bowl winning QBs (Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer), Super Bowl losing QBs (Jake Delhomme), #1 overall draft picks (Tim Couch), other First round draft picks (Brady Quinn), third round draft picks (McCoy, Frye) guys from off the scrap heap (Anderson,Testaverde, Holcomb), thirteenth round draft picks (Sipe), Supplemental Draft picks (Kosar) etc. etc. etc. None of which have brought a title to this town since the Browns traded for Frank Ryan.
So, nobody knows shit about how to get this right.
And for what its worth....unlike you I am NOT wondering who the Browns QB is going to be. I am reasonably certain it will be Brandon Weeden.
I am wondering who will play cornerback opposite Haden. I am wondering who will play free saftety. I am wondering which two players are going to play OLB. I am wondering who the kicker will be, and the kick and punt returner.
Those are question far more up in the air than who the QB will be in my mind.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login