Skip to content

Colt Mccoy

The Browns Board
265 48 15.3k
  • @miktoxic said:

    i'm really starting to believe that PoG is a 13 year old. i mean the personality cannot be that of an adult.

    he reminds me of a child that has a temper tantrum when he doesn't get a toy when his grandma takes him to kmart.

    I was thinking about 16-17, but maybe you're right

    @comeonman said:

    I was thinking about 16-17, but maybe you're right

    Well, he claimed he's 30+ once- take it FWIW.

  • @comeonman said:

    I was thinking about 16-17, but maybe you're right

    Well, he claimed he's 30+ once- take it FWIW.

    @hoorta said:

    Well, he claimed he's 30+ once- take it FWIW.

    I think she's younger than that.

    Zombo

  • I was on here a long time ago saying that Colt would be the guy and still think he has the potential to be the guy somewhere in the NFL. I'm not saying he's gotta be the guy in Cleveland, because I think Brandon Weeden has gotten himself a bit of a leg up and is a solid quarterback. He's intelligent and certainly has a good arm. Whether or not he has the ability to run the offense, time will tell. I really only came on here, though, to talk to one issue. . .this whole thing about having a "gun" or a "big arm". I promise you that, while it is important to have range and zip on your throws, what is EXPONENTIALLY more valuable is accuracy. That's why I still like Colt. He is sound technically, although 'm sure he'll continue to work on his mechanics, as all quarterback do. But he can put the ball in a tight spot and that's so important in the NFL. I think that's more important than having a big arm. That's just me. He can also create plays with his feet and is a solid X's and O's guy. I think he can really lead an offense, better than Weeden, when it comes down to it. But, when it was put up or shutup, he didn't produce. And that's the way it goes. He burned his bridges by having his dad go on air and mouth-off, then his brother did the same shit. That kind of stuff said alot about how Colt felt, even if he didn't say it himself. I appreciate that he was a man of God, but your actions and the actions of the company you keep have to reflect that. His own family was trashing his team. And yeah, the Browns have bungled a lot of shit at the FO level, but that's still your team. So there's that. Then, Colt IS undersized and injury prone, so that's another possible liability. You have to consider those things. I don't think Brandon Weeden is a better QB, but I do think he is a more durable quarterback, with the backing of his FO, and with a bigger arm. Hopefully Colt can get his shot somewhere else because I think he's still a great QB. my two cents.

  • I was on here a long time ago saying that Colt would be the guy and still think he has the potential to be the guy somewhere in the NFL. I'm not saying he's gotta be the guy in Cleveland, because I think Brandon Weeden has gotten himself a bit of a leg up and is a solid quarterback. He's intelligent and certainly has a good arm. Whether or not he has the ability to run the offense, time will tell. I really only came on here, though, to talk to one issue. . .this whole thing about having a "gun" or a "big arm". I promise you that, while it is important to have range and zip on your throws, what is EXPONENTIALLY more valuable is accuracy. That's why I still like Colt. He is sound technically, although 'm sure he'll continue to work on his mechanics, as all quarterback do. But he can put the ball in a tight spot and that's so important in the NFL. I think that's more important than having a big arm. That's just me. He can also create plays with his feet and is a solid X's and O's guy. I think he can really lead an offense, better than Weeden, when it comes down to it. But, when it was put up or shutup, he didn't produce. And that's the way it goes. He burned his bridges by having his dad go on air and mouth-off, then his brother did the same shit. That kind of stuff said alot about how Colt felt, even if he didn't say it himself. I appreciate that he was a man of God, but your actions and the actions of the company you keep have to reflect that. His own family was trashing his team. And yeah, the Browns have bungled a lot of shit at the FO level, but that's still your team. So there's that. Then, Colt IS undersized and injury prone, so that's another possible liability. You have to consider those things. I don't think Brandon Weeden is a better QB, but I do think he is a more durable quarterback, with the backing of his FO, and with a bigger arm. Hopefully Colt can get his shot somewhere else because I think he's still a great QB. my two cents.

    @carlos said:

    I was on here a long time ago saying that Colt would be the guy and still think he has the potential to be the guy somewhere in the NFL. I'm not saying he's gotta be the guy in Cleveland, because I think Brandon Weeden has gotten himself a bit of a leg up and is a solid quarterback. He's intelligent and certainly has a good arm. Whether or not he has the ability to run the offense, time will tell. I really only came on here, though, to talk to one issue. . .this whole thing about having a "gun" or a "big arm". I promise you that, while it is important to have range and zip on your throws, what is EXPONENTIALLY more valuable is accuracy. That's why I still like Colt. He is sound technically, although 'm sure he'll continue to work on his mechanics, as all quarterback do. But he can put the ball in a tight spot and that's so important in the NFL. I think that's more important than having a big arm. That's just me. He can also create plays with his feet and is a solid X's and O's guy. I think he can really lead an offense, better than Weeden, when it comes down to it. But, when it was put up or shutup, he didn't produce. And that's the way it goes. He burned his bridges by having his dad go on air and mouth-off, then his brother did the same shit. That kind of stuff said alot about how Colt felt, even if he didn't say it himself. I appreciate that he was a man of God, but your actions and the actions of the company you keep have to reflect that. His own family was trashing his team. And yeah, the Browns have bungled a lot of shit at the FO level, but that's still your team. So there's that. Then, Colt IS undersized and injury prone, so that's another possible liability. You have to consider those things. I don't think Brandon Weeden is a better QB, but I do think he is a more durable quarterback, with the backing of his FO, and with a bigger arm. Hopefully Colt can get his shot somewhere else because I think he's still a great QB. my two cents.

    I agree Carlos, don't mind the trolls running rampart around here. They are just scared because all the bullshit they have spewed about Colt McCoy and soon they'll have to root for his ass again! LOL! That's some funny stuff bro. Colt doesn't need to go anywhere else to have a shot, he'll get one come a few months from now. Colt is the man and he's a hell of a Quarterback. It amazes me that all these posters gotta come into a thread about Colt McCoy to bash him and anybody that supports him. I need to load up my shotgun and stock up on the crows because it's going to be served like it's going out of style...

  • Hey PG, I haven't read anywhere where you have answered this. Do you believe that McCoy is an ELITE QB, that has serious potential to take us to the Super Bowl?

  • @carlos said:

    I was on here a long time ago saying that Colt would be the guy and still think he has the potential to be the guy somewhere in the NFL. I'm not saying he's gotta be the guy in Cleveland, because I think Brandon Weeden has gotten himself a bit of a leg up and is a solid quarterback. He's intelligent and certainly has a good arm. Whether or not he has the ability to run the offense, time will tell. I really only came on here, though, to talk to one issue. . .this whole thing about having a "gun" or a "big arm". I promise you that, while it is important to have range and zip on your throws, what is EXPONENTIALLY more valuable is accuracy. That's why I still like Colt. He is sound technically, although 'm sure he'll continue to work on his mechanics, as all quarterback do. But he can put the ball in a tight spot and that's so important in the NFL. I think that's more important than having a big arm. That's just me. He can also create plays with his feet and is a solid X's and O's guy. I think he can really lead an offense, better than Weeden, when it comes down to it. But, when it was put up or shutup, he didn't produce. And that's the way it goes. He burned his bridges by having his dad go on air and mouth-off, then his brother did the same shit. That kind of stuff said alot about how Colt felt, even if he didn't say it himself. I appreciate that he was a man of God, but your actions and the actions of the company you keep have to reflect that. His own family was trashing his team. And yeah, the Browns have bungled a lot of shit at the FO level, but that's still your team. So there's that. Then, Colt IS undersized and injury prone, so that's another possible liability. You have to consider those things. I don't think Brandon Weeden is a better QB, but I do think he is a more durable quarterback, with the backing of his FO, and with a bigger arm. Hopefully Colt can get his shot somewhere else because I think he's still a great QB. my two cents.

    I agree Carlos, don't mind the trolls running rampart around here. They are just scared because all the bullshit they have spewed about Colt McCoy and soon they'll have to root for his ass again! LOL! That's some funny stuff bro. Colt doesn't need to go anywhere else to have a shot, he'll get one come a few months from now. Colt is the man and he's a hell of a Quarterback. It amazes me that all these posters gotta come into a thread about Colt McCoy to bash him and anybody that supports him. I need to load up my shotgun and stock up on the crows because it's going to be served like it's going out of style...

    @poeticg said:

    soon they'll have to root for his ass again! LOL! That's some funny stuff bro. Colt doesn't need to go anywhere else to have a shot, he'll get one come a few months from now. Colt is the man and he's a hell of a Quarterback. It amazes me that all these posters gotta come into a thread about Colt McCoy to bash him

    You may be right, We have seen this before with D.A and charlie frye Colt needed to grow a little but, He has skills It's just an observation but he has shown a real maturity Most of the good qbs had to wait behind someone and grow Id hate to see Colt go to a Rival team and flourish.

    Is it a crime to be a McCoy fan on this page, The crime would be to Chase him from the town. Then have to watch him in the playoffs with someone else.

    For now, Brandon has the Job, It's his job to lose. Hopefully he can bring us to the playoffs, But Iv seen a lot of unwillingness to correct problems by Brandon. This is a trait Colt excelled in learning and accepting.

  • McCoy will be gone, hopefully with a trade or draft pick/player. Hes run his course with CLE but i wish him luck down the road in his career.

    The time is ticking. 15 min til 4!

    @typicalbrowns said:

    McCoy will be gone, hopefully with a trade or draft pick/player. Hes run his course with CLE but i wish him luck down the road in his career.

    The time is ticking. 15 min til 4!

    Realistically, because of his contract I don't think that anyone will give up a draft pick for McCoy. I think he will be kept around as insurance until they see if the other backup QBs in camp are real. If so, and all stay healthy, then he will probably be cut. If another team has a roster opening for a QB at that time he may latch on.

    He also could beat everyone out and start every game for the Browns. I guess I will end up looking like either Nostradamus or Nostradumbass on this subject. Time will tell.

  • I've got nothing against McCoy but with the weapons and offense we have in mind BW3 is simply better suited to make the down field throws to TEs down the seam as well as deep balls.. We've already become accustom to Gordon and even Benjamin receiving deep balls on the dime. I don't even remember many overthrows to be honest

  • @poeticg said:

    soon they'll have to root for his ass again! LOL! That's some funny stuff bro. Colt doesn't need to go anywhere else to have a shot, he'll get one come a few months from now. Colt is the man and he's a hell of a Quarterback. It amazes me that all these posters gotta come into a thread about Colt McCoy to bash him

    You may be right, We have seen this before with D.A and charlie frye Colt needed to grow a little but, He has skills It's just an observation but he has shown a real maturity Most of the good qbs had to wait behind someone and grow Id hate to see Colt go to a Rival team and flourish.

    Is it a crime to be a McCoy fan on this page, The crime would be to Chase him from the town. Then have to watch him in the playoffs with someone else.

    For now, Brandon has the Job, It's his job to lose. Hopefully he can bring us to the playoffs, But Iv seen a lot of unwillingness to correct problems by Brandon. This is a trait Colt excelled in learning and accepting.

    @joeb said:

    You may be right, We have seen this before with D.A and charlie frye Colt needed to grow a little but, He has skills It's just an observation but he has shown a real maturity Most of the good qbs had to wait behind someone and grow Id hate to see Colt go to a Rival team and flourish.

    Is it a crime to be a McCoy fan on this page, The crime would be to Chase him from the town. Then have to watch him in the playoffs with someone else.

    For now, Brandon has the Job, It's his job to lose. Hopefully he can bring us to the playoffs, But Iv seen a lot of unwillingness to correct problems by Brandon. This is a trait Colt excelled in learning and accepting.

    I think the majority opinion would be the same as our departed front office. Why? Would H&H be in the RG III derby, or use a first round pick on a quarterback- if they thought there was ANY chance of Colt developing into a competent starting qb? If you want to say H&H were totally incompetent, and you see something in McCoy they didn't (after they broke down tape of every play Colt ran) be my guest. However- if the reports Colt got shopped around last summer and there were no takers are true- it should tell you everything you want to know about Colt's potential. Glad you mentioned Charlie Frye- because that's probably Colt's ceiling.

  • Shurmur has a grudge against McCoy, that's all there is to it. The new staff will evaluate fairly and put the best QB on the field.

  • What if that best QB is Weeden? Will you be OK with their decision if it isn't McCoy?

  • What if that best QB is Weeden? Will you be OK with their decision if it isn't McCoy?

    @hunt-daddy said:

    What if that best QB is Weeden? Will you be OK with their decision if it isn't McCoy?

    exactly.

    hey i root for colt mccoy. i always go for the underdog. maybe that's why i'm a browns fan.

    PoG this is really to you: you have to look at everything with an open mind. hey if colt beats out weeden, great. if weeden beats out mccoy, so be it. whoever gives the browns the BEST chance to win (in the FO's minds) you should get behind the guy.

    this is america and you can disagree and shout out loud when you think they (the FO) makes the wrong decision (i killed holmgren from day one) but understand, sure you got the right to do it, but the more you do it the more it sounds like whining and sooner than later people are not going to want to here it anymore.

    in other words, shut up already.

  • If the best Qbs is Weeden ,I think most people would still be happy with that but I really believe all the Colt McCoy fans want is to see a real competition . Pre season Brandon starts Two quarters Colt Starts Two quarters . Colt was a little immature but This is a different Team and Colts grown .

    Also the Obvious , The elephant in the room is during the H&H regime we did not get a clear cut franchise QB .This leaves us still talking QB controversy.

  • If the best Qbs is Weeden ,I think most people would still be happy with that but I really believe all the Colt McCoy fans want is to see a real competition . Pre season Brandon starts Two quarters Colt Starts Two quarters . Colt was a little immature but This is a different Team and Colts grown .

    Also the Obvious , The elephant in the room is during the H&H regime we did not get a clear cut franchise QB .This leaves us still talking QB controversy.

    @joeb said:

    If the best Qbs is Weeden ,I think most people would still be happy with that but I really believe all the Colt McCoy fans want is to see a real competition . Pre season Brandon starts Two quarters Colt Starts Two quarters . Colt was a little immature but This is a different Team and Colts grown .

    Also the Obvious , The elephant in the room is during the H&H regime we did not get a clear cut franchise QB .This leaves us still talking QB controversy.

    yes.

    and i put the blame squarely on that fat ass holmgren. he was still trying to catch lightning in a bottle like he did with favre. meanwhile he never drafted favre. he just took a chance on him and he actually paid off unlike every other QB he touched.

  • Shurmur has a grudge against McCoy, that's all there is to it. The new staff will evaluate fairly and put the best QB on the field.

    @poeticg said:

    Shurmur has a grudge against McCoy, that's all there is to it. The new staff will evaluate fairly and put the best QB on the field.

    And you know this to be true how exactly??

    Are you seriously implying that Shurmur deliberately played Weeden even though he knew that McCoy was better?

    C'mon dude...seriously you can't be this stupid can you?

  • @poeticg said:

    Shurmur has a grudge against McCoy, that's all there is to it. The new staff will evaluate fairly and put the best QB on the field.

    And you know this to be true how exactly??

    Are you seriously implying that Shurmur deliberately played Weeden even though he knew that McCoy was better?

    C'mon dude...seriously you can't be this stupid can you?

    @mark-o said:

    And you know this to be true how exactly??

    Are you seriously implying that Shurmur deliberately played Weeden even though he knew that McCoy was better?

    C'mon dude...seriously you can't be this stupid can you?

    If Shurmur really had a grudge against McCoy, he would have made him start in that outdated headache he called an offense.

    Zombo

  • @poeticg said:

    Shurmur has a grudge against McCoy, that's all there is to it. The new staff will evaluate fairly and put the best QB on the field.

    And you know this to be true how exactly??

    Are you seriously implying that Shurmur deliberately played Weeden even though he knew that McCoy was better?

    C'mon dude...seriously you can't be this stupid can you?

    @mark-o said:

    And you know this to be true how exactly??

    Are you seriously implying that Shurmur deliberately played Weeden even though he knew that McCoy was better?

    C'mon dude...seriously you can't be this stupid can you?

    He is either trolling or delusional.

  • @joeb said:

    If the best Qbs is Weeden ,I think most people would still be happy with that but I really believe all the Colt McCoy fans want is to see a real competition . Pre season Brandon starts Two quarters Colt Starts Two quarters . Colt was a little immature but This is a different Team and Colts grown .

    Also the Obvious , The elephant in the room is during the H&H regime we did not get a clear cut franchise QB .This leaves us still talking QB controversy.

    yes.

    and i put the blame squarely on that fat ass holmgren. he was still trying to catch lightning in a bottle like he did with favre. meanwhile he never drafted favre. he just took a chance on him and he actually paid off unlike every other QB he touched.

    @miktoxic said:

    yes.

    and i put the blame squarely on that fat ass holmgren. he was still trying to catch lightning in a bottle like he did with favre. meanwhile he never drafted favre. he just took a chance on him and he actually paid off unlike every other QB he touched.

    In Holmgrens mind, we had a good QB in Delhomme and an adequate backup in Wallace, so why not take a chance on McCoy in the 3rd round and see what happens. It wasn't a terrible plan. The problem was that Delhomme really sucked and Wallace just kinda sucked and neither could stay healthy. Colt tries hard and can run a bit but he's just not good enough to be an NFL starter. He's a nice backup and will have a very long career and win some games here and there but he aint leading any team to the super bowl.

  • @mark-o said:

    And you know this to be true how exactly??

    Are you seriously implying that Shurmur deliberately played Weeden even though he knew that McCoy was better?

    C'mon dude...seriously you can't be this stupid can you?

    He is either trolling or delusional.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He is either trolling or delusional.

    He's clearly delusional.

  • Why was Weeden never yanked??? Guy was dreadful, but yet started every game.