Colt Mccoy
-
It's going to be Weeden and either:
Matt Moore, Matt Cassell, Derek Anderson
My money is on Moore.
Don't forget Thad, he played well against the Steelers.
McCoy is gone.
Zombo
Zombo said:
It's going to be Weeden and either:
Matt Moore, Matt Cassell, Derek Anderson
My money is on Moore.
Don't forget Thad, he played well against the Steelers.
McCoy is gone.
Zombo
I don't think it will be Cassell. I could see Anderson or Moore and I wouldn't mind it being Matt Moore. He played well for the Dolphins down the stretch before they drafted Tannehill.
-
Weeden is going to be 30 years old next season! By the time he "succeeds" he'll be ready to retire! Besides, a canon for an arm doesn't mean much if it's not connected to an NFL brain!
He may be a complete success next year for all you know. Many QBs get by their second year. And are you saying that age is too old?
Then I guess you believe the Peyton Manning and Tom Brady should have each retired several years ago. I mean jeez, they are what? 37 and 35 respectively. Too damn old for this league?
He may be a complete success next year for all you know.
"May be" just gets old!!! For all YOU know, he may suck worse than last year! Frankly, I'm tired of wondering who the Brown's QB is going to be every year.
I'm an "old" fan, I've been following the Browns since 1962. It never used to be like this. But it's been this way since 1999.
-
He may be a complete success next year for all you know.
"May be" just gets old!!! For all YOU know, he may suck worse than last year! Frankly, I'm tired of wondering who the Brown's QB is going to be every year.
I'm an "old" fan, I've been following the Browns since 1962. It never used to be like this. But it's been this way since 1999.
"May be" just gets old!!! For all YOU know, he may suck worse than last year! Frankly, I'm tired of wondering who the Brown's QB is going to be every year.
I'm an "old" fan, I've been following the Browns since 1962. It never used to be like this. But it's been this way since 1999.
Well, let's see, in the past we have acquired Super Bowl winning QBs (Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer), Super Bowl losing QBs (Jake Delhomme), #1 overall draft picks (Tim Couch), other First round draft picks (Brady Quinn), third round draft picks (McCoy, Frye) guys from off the scrap heap (Anderson,Testaverde, Holcomb), thirteenth round draft picks (Sipe), Supplemental Draft picks (Kosar) etc. etc. etc. None of which have brought a title to this town since the Browns traded for Frank Ryan.
So, nobody knows shit about how to get this right.
And for what its worth....unlike you I am NOT wondering who the Browns QB is going to be. I am reasonably certain it will be Brandon Weeden.
I am wondering who will play cornerback opposite Haden. I am wondering who will play free saftety. I am wondering which two players are going to play OLB. I am wondering who the kicker will be, and the kick and punt returner.
Those are question far more up in the air than who the QB will be in my mind.
-
Browns Prepared To Part Ways With Colt McCoy?
Salvador BorboaMarch 4, 2013 1 Comment
Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writs that it’s doubtful that QB Colt McCoy is back with the Browns next season.
According to Pluto, the Browns “don’t believe McCoy can be a viable starter” and are reportedly considering Matt Moore and Matt Cassel as backups that could push Brandon Weeden for the job next season.
McCoy, 26, triggered escalators in 2012 that increased his salary from $575,000 to $2.325 million for the upcoming season.
Considering that Cleveland’s new front office is reportedly not impressed in him, it seems as though there’s a decent chance that he’ll be cut loose in the coming weeks.
The Packers were rumored to have interest in McCoy last year given their need for a solid backup quarterback and ability to develop the position, so they could show interest in McCoy if is in fact released.
McCoy, 26, triggered escalators in 2012 that increased his salary from $575,000 to $2.325 million for the upcoming season.
I don't Know if colt needs a raise but, Id like to see him given the same chance as weeden or any QB for that . I just would hate to see him turn up somewhere else with all star Numbers because shurmur didn't give him a fair Chance . But I will say There is no time left for Colt to dilly dally around If he's got something its time to show up and speak up .How can we really know what he can do the same reasons that apply to Weedens failure last year apply to colt also .
-
McCoy, 26, triggered escalators in 2012 that increased his salary from $575,000 to $2.325 million for the upcoming season.
I don't Know if colt needs a raise but, Id like to see him given the same chance as weeden or any QB for that . I just would hate to see him turn up somewhere else with all star Numbers because shurmur didn't give him a fair Chance . But I will say There is no time left for Colt to dilly dally around If he's got something its time to show up and speak up .How can we really know what he can do the same reasons that apply to Weedens failure last year apply to colt also .
McCoy, 26, triggered escalators in 2012 that increased his salary from $575,000 to $2.325 million for the upcoming season.
I don't Know if colt needs a raise but, Id like to see him given the same chance as weeden or any QB for that . I just would hate to see him turn up somewhere else with all star Numbers because shurmur didn't give him a fair Chance . But I will say There is no time left for Colt to dilly dally around If he's got something its time to show up and speak up .How can we really know what he can do the same reasons that apply to Weedens failure last year apply to colt also .
Colt is done in Cleveland. He doesn't fit in the offense that Chud and Norv want to run. Why do some of you have such a hard time understanding this?
-
Colt doesn't fit the Chud offense?
Well, the only reason is, that he doesn't have a cannon arm.
But Weeden doesn't have the fire of Colt, the mobility of Colt, and
even Richardson said he was having trouble with the offense because
it was too complicated for him so early. To finally get a solid RT,
and then not give Colt a chance to show what he CAN do,,,,
well, maybe he doesn't fit their offense, sure, but just out of spite towards
Shurmur, wherever he is....
I'd love to see him get to play this preseason, and if he can show he can play...
good for him and a trade to a wc offense somewhere, that's how I see it....
-
I'm gonna say it's Chase Daniel and maybe Dysert in 4? Neither Colt nor Thad make a lick of sense in this offense. Same for Foles in Philly. He won't be on that roster. No way, no how.
We couldn't get a sixth for McCoy last year. I said it before: To get someone to take him, we'd probably have to throw in a draft pick. Like a dowery. He's so fricking horrible it's absurd.
-
Why do we think Colt's "fiery?" I don't get that. Haven't seen it. At all. As if it helps anything. He's just a low-end talent: Weak arm, horrific accuracy even at like 10 yards, mobile but not really instinctive getting yards with the ball... not even a great backup.
-
Fire doesn't get the ball 40 yards downfield to a streaking WR.
-
ah...
Colt can loft a ball the 40 yards no problem. Zing it? no.
But with a RT that couldn't protect him, and he was well known for being very accurate
on the run on short, midrange throws.. he has gotten first downs and touchdowns with his feet.
And his throws.
But more often, sure, he doesn't have that arm and it holds him back. But he will
slam into a first down where Weeden will slide and punt. DA had the arm, but had
no fire in his attitude in playing the game. I suppose Weeden can come around with that...
but I haven't seen it, either. Weeden's big arm surely will make the difference his second year.
I would have given Colt a fair shot at the qb competition in preseason, and maybe that would
show more of what he CAN do with a RT if it comes to trade time. Maybe it's just that all the confusion
with Shurmur and co kept Weeden off balance to not have the confidence to lay it on the line.
-
I just saw how the Ravens gave Boldin to the 49ers for basically some toilet paper. I think that you can see the effect of having a QB with a BLOATED contract and an even bigger head! It's not all about the QB, it's a TEAM GAME.
When Colt wins the Superbowl I'd be willing to bet that he's the type of player that would take a PAYCUT to keep his targets and team intact, he would even probably do it for a defensive player, that's the type of guy he is. And for those who feel like mocking me about it, here's some more ammo- Colt will be the QB that leads us to the Playoffs this season.
Colt will do it for God's Glory.
-
I just saw how the Ravens gave Boldin to the 49ers for basically some toilet paper. I think that you can see the effect of having a QB with a BLOATED contract and an even bigger head! It's not all about the QB, it's a TEAM GAME.
When Colt wins the Superbowl I'd be willing to bet that he's the type of player that would take a PAYCUT to keep his targets and team intact, he would even probably do it for a defensive player, that's the type of guy he is. And for those who feel like mocking me about it, here's some more ammo- Colt will be the QB that leads us to the Playoffs this season.
Colt will do it for God's Glory.
I just saw how the Ravens gave Boldin to the 49ers for basically some toilet paper. I think that you can see the effect of having a QB with a BLOATED contract and an even bigger head! It's not all about the QB, it's a TEAM GAME.
When Colt wins the Superbowl I'd be willing to bet that he's the type of player that would take a PAYCUT to keep his targets and team intact, he would even probably do it for a defensive player, that's the type of guy he is. And for those who feel like mocking me about it, here's some more ammo- Colt will be the QB that leads us to the Playoffs this season.
Colt will do it for God's Glory.
It's like God spilled a person when he made you.
-
I just saw how the Ravens gave Boldin to the 49ers for basically some toilet paper. I think that you can see the effect of having a QB with a BLOATED contract and an even bigger head! It's not all about the QB, it's a TEAM GAME.
When Colt wins the Superbowl I'd be willing to bet that he's the type of player that would take a PAYCUT to keep his targets and team intact, he would even probably do it for a defensive player, that's the type of guy he is. And for those who feel like mocking me about it, here's some more ammo- Colt will be the QB that leads us to the Playoffs this season.
Colt will do it for God's Glory.
It's like God spilled a person when he made you.
It's like God spilled a person when he made you.
?

-
I just saw how the Ravens gave Boldin to the 49ers for basically some toilet paper. I think that you can see the effect of having a QB with a BLOATED contract and an even bigger head! It's not all about the QB, it's a TEAM GAME.
When Colt wins the Superbowl I'd be willing to bet that he's the type of player that would take a PAYCUT to keep his targets and team intact, he would even probably do it for a defensive player, that's the type of guy he is. And for those who feel like mocking me about it, here's some more ammo- Colt will be the QB that leads us to the Playoffs this season.
Colt will do it for God's Glory.
It's like God spilled a person when he made you.
It's like God spilled a person when he made you.
LOL!
-
ah...
Colt can loft a ball the 40 yards no problem. Zing it? no.
But with a RT that couldn't protect him, and he was well known for being very accurate
on the run on short, midrange throws.. he has gotten first downs and touchdowns with his feet.
And his throws.
But more often, sure, he doesn't have that arm and it holds him back. But he will
slam into a first down where Weeden will slide and punt. DA had the arm, but had
no fire in his attitude in playing the game. I suppose Weeden can come around with that...
but I haven't seen it, either. Weeden's big arm surely will make the difference his second year.
I would have given Colt a fair shot at the qb competition in preseason, and maybe that would
show more of what he CAN do with a RT if it comes to trade time. Maybe it's just that all the confusion
with Shurmur and co kept Weeden off balance to not have the confidence to lay it on the line.
-
Colt McCoy can be the modern day Jim Ninowski.
Ninowski was taken by the Browns in the 4th round. 49th overall, which would be the equivalent of a mid 2d round pick today. He started a year for the Browns, then went to the backup role when the Browns acquired Frank Ryan...the last QB to take the Browns to a title.
Ninowski held that backup role for about 5 years.
Right now, as far as I can tell, that is going to be the fate of Colt McCoy. The Browns cannot get any value for him really in a trade. And the Browns need a backup QB, so Colt is it. Some may give lip service to him competing for the starting role, but that is all it is, lip service. Unless the Browns bring in someone to replace Colt as the backup, he is the man in that role. What? You want DA or BQ back?
There ain't nobody out there that has the potential of BW3. If they get anyone they get someone to compete with McCoy, not with Weeden.
-
Colt McCoy does not have the skills to start in the NFL - God didn't put that ability within his arm. Zero teams are interested in trading for McCoy.
I don't think any available QB this offseason is an upgrade to either starter (Weeden) or backup. So I wouldn't spend any picks on the position.
We need to upgrade the OLB and RG positions more urgently than QB. We don't have NFL-caliber talent at every position, and persevorating in thinking about backups who won't see the field doesn't help.
-
Cal, I can loft the ball 40 yards.
We are talking the NFL here, you have to zing it.
Can we stop being the the Island of Misfit Toys and start competing with the talent in the rest of our division?
Zombo
********************************
LOL.
I'll go with that. Brady Quinn had the arm,still a misfit....
I hope Weeden is the Guy this next season.
-
I just saw how the Ravens gave Boldin to the 49ers for basically some toilet paper. I think that you can see the effect of having a QB with a BLOATED contract and an even bigger head! It's not all about the QB, it's a TEAM GAME.
When Colt wins the Superbowl I'd be willing to bet that he's the type of player that would take a PAYCUT to keep his targets and team intact, he would even probably do it for a defensive player, that's the type of guy he is. And for those who feel like mocking me about it, here's some more ammo- Colt will be the QB that leads us to the Playoffs this season.
Colt will do it for God's Glory.
I just saw how the Ravens gave Boldin to the 49ers for basically some toilet paper. I think that you can see the effect of having a QB with a BLOATED contract and an even bigger head! It's not all about the QB, it's a TEAM GAME.
When Colt wins the Superbowl I'd be willing to bet that he's the type of player that would take a PAYCUT to keep his targets and team intact, he would even probably do it for a defensive player, that's the type of guy he is. And for those who feel like mocking me about it, here's some more ammo- Colt will be the QB that leads us to the Playoffs this season.
Colt will do it for God's Glory.
The only way Colt wins the super bowl is if he's playing Madden on his PS3.
I'm guessing you got tired of whacking off to your Trent Richardson poster so you moved on to Colt McCoy.. the guy who is soon to be on another team.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login