Colt Mccoy
-
I don't understand how we could all agree that Colt should have sat for a year or two and learned from the sidelines, in effect getting the most improvement from him. Well, he won the starting job from Delhomme and Wallace and then went on to start another year. But then it became, Oh- he needs a good team around him to successful, well now he has the team around him plus he's sat and learned from the sidelines for a year add that to the 2 years of playing time and I don't see how you guys could count him out. But hey, Haters gonna hate, right?
Colt will always have his doubters until he shoves the crow down your throat, that'll shut ya up, and that's exactly what he's poised to do... right after he beats out your Goldenboy Weeden for the starting role this training camp. Nobody ever said Eastwood needed a bigger gun to get the job done. The point is that Weeden didn't fair much better than Colt did during his tenure so your stance that Weeden has all the tools to get the job done is moot.
I don't understand how we could all agree that Colt should have sat for a year or two and learned from the sidelines, in effect getting the most improvement from him. Well, he won the starting job from Delhomme and Wallace and then went on to start another year. But then it became, Oh- he needs a good team around him to successful, well now he has the team around him plus he's sat and learned from the sidelines for a year add that to the 2 years of playing time and I don't see how you guys could count him out. But hey, Haters gonna hate, right?
Colt will always have his doubters until he shoves the crow down your throat, that'll shut ya up, and that's exactly what he's poised to do... right after he beats out your Goldenboy Weeden for the starting role this training camp. Nobody ever said Eastwood needed a bigger gun to get the job done. The point is that Weeden didn't fair much better than Colt did during his tenure so your stance that Weeden has all the tools to get the job done is moot.
PG, you're not listening. If Colt was 1\2 as good as you think he is, the Browns should have gotten a mid round pick for him last off season. There was (at best) rumored mild interest from Green Bay for him to back up Aaron Rodgers.
BTW, we don't "hate" McCoy. We're being objective. Just like I don't "hate" on Trent Richardson. He hasn't come close to living up to your lofty expectations for him- yet. Time will tell if the Browns would have been better off drafting Doug Martin instead. Guys who know way more about football than us armchair quarterbacks say Colt isn't the answer. We wouldn't have gone after RG III if H&H though he was. Our infrequent poster & guru Jason J thinks Colt's worthless if he has to throw on the run. Please don't get Shep started on giving you a laundry list of Colt's other shortcomings as a potential starting NFL signal caller.
If anyone should have succeeded in Shurmur's dink and dunk offense,it would have been Colt. Like Zombo said, you can find plenty of guys in the Tailgate lots before the game who can toss a football 40 yards. Throwing one 40 yards with velocity on it is another story. That's what separates the men from the (McCoy) boys. Chucking up 40 yard flutterballs gives the defensive backs time to close on the wrs and either break up the play or intercept it.
-
Zombo said:
Who do they play for now?
Zombo
--Noboady "hates" him, we just want better
I understand that but what I'm saying is that we haven't seen him play in a while and I believe that he's gonna be a lot better than he was in the past. You guys want better? That's exactly what I'm saying, I'd put money on that he'll be better than you guys remember him being when he step out there this year. I'm just upset that so many are counting him out already, the kids a go-getter.
The kid will give you everything he's got. You want better and you'll get it from Colt McCoy, alright? If he still fails then I'll concede that he's backup material... But until then he's my guy and I'm gonna continue to fight for him.
-
Zombo said:
Who do they play for now?
Zombo
--Noboady "hates" him, we just want better
I understand that but what I'm saying is that we haven't seen him play in a while and I believe that he's gonna be a lot better than he was in the past. You guys want better? That's exactly what I'm saying, I'd put money on that he'll be better than you guys remember him being when he step out there this year. I'm just upset that so many are counting him out already, the kids a go-getter.
The kid will give you everything he's got. You want better and you'll get it from Colt McCoy, alright? If he still fails then I'll concede that he's backup material... But until then he's my guy and I'm gonna continue to fight for him.
-
Zombo said:
He doesn't "got" enough.
Zombo
--And it doesn't matter how much you believe in him.
Exactly. What was Lou Gossett's line from "Officer and a Gentleman"? I may want to be a fighter pilot. Well, "My Grandmother wants to fly jets,too."
Thousands of guys have "given it everything they've got" to try and make it in the NFL and come up short. You can put Colt on that list too. He can have a very long and profitable career in the NFL as a backup quarterback- that's his level of skill.
-
Translation- someone dropped you on your head at an early age.

As the departed Ghoolie would tell you, we privately offered Colt to every team last year. The Ravens gave Boldin away for a roll of toilet paper? We couldn't even get that much for McCoy.
Is the Ghoolie ban still in force? Or did you let him out after his 30 days in the hole?
(or...do you think he is like Beetlejuice....say his name 3 times and he crops up to haunt you?)
-
Zombo said:
Who do they play for now?
Zombo
--Noboady "hates" him, we just want better
I understand that but what I'm saying is that we haven't seen him play in a while and I believe that he's gonna be a lot better than he was in the past. You guys want better? That's exactly what I'm saying, I'd put money on that he'll be better than you guys remember him being when he step out there this year. I'm just upset that so many are counting him out already, the kids a go-getter.
The kid will give you everything he's got. You want better and you'll get it from Colt McCoy, alright? If he still fails then I'll concede that he's backup material... But until then he's my guy and I'm gonna continue to fight for him.
I understand that but what I'm saying is that we haven't seen him play in a while and I believe that he's gonna be a lot better than he was in the past. You guys want better? That's exactly what I'm saying, I'd put money on that he'll be better than you guys remember him being when he step out there this year. I'm just upset that so many are counting him out already, the kids a go-getter.
The kid will give you everything he's got. You want better and you'll get it from Colt McCoy, alright? If he still fails then I'll concede that he's backup material... But until then he's my guy and I'm gonna continue to fight for him.
I too am objective. I don't hate on Colt or root for BW3. I just see what I see. I see a far superior arm on Weeden. I see far better ultimate potential.
And in Colt's big chance at the end of the season, after he did "sit and learn", he came out in that last game of the season and was awful...against an eminently mediocre Steeler team.
As Dusty Springfield said "just wishin' and hopin and thinkin' and prayin' won't get you into his arms.
-
Translation- someone dropped you on your head at an early age.

As the departed Ghoolie would tell you, we privately offered Colt to every team last year. The Ravens gave Boldin away for a roll of toilet paper? We couldn't even get that much for McCoy.
Is the Ghoolie ban still in force? Or did you let him out after his 30 days in the hole?
(or...do you think he is like Beetlejuice....say his name 3 times and he crops up to haunt you?)
Is the Ghoolie ban still in force? Or did you let him out after his 30 days in the hole?
(or...do you think he is like Beetlejuice....say his name 3 times and he crops up to haunt you?)
I wasn't going to make this public, but since you don't read your PMs- nope, the Ghoolie ban is still in full force- and will be for the foreseeable future.
-
I understand that but what I'm saying is that we haven't seen him play in a while and I believe that he's gonna be a lot better than he was in the past. You guys want better? That's exactly what I'm saying, I'd put money on that he'll be better than you guys remember him being when he step out there this year. I'm just upset that so many are counting him out already, the kids a go-getter.
The kid will give you everything he's got. You want better and you'll get it from Colt McCoy, alright? If he still fails then I'll concede that he's backup material... But until then he's my guy and I'm gonna continue to fight for him.
I too am objective. I don't hate on Colt or root for BW3. I just see what I see. I see a far superior arm on Weeden. I see far better ultimate potential.
And in Colt's big chance at the end of the season, after he did "sit and learn", he came out in that last game of the season and was awful...against an eminently mediocre Steeler team.
As Dusty Springfield said "just wishin' and hopin and thinkin' and prayin' won't get you into his arms.
I too am objective. I don't hate on Colt or root for BW3. I just see what I see. I see a far superior arm on Weeden. I see far better ultimate potential.
And in Colt's big chance at the end of the season, after he did "sit and learn", he came out in that last game of the season and was awful...against an eminently mediocre Steeler team.
As Dusty Springfield said "just wishin' and hopin and thinkin' and prayin' won't get you into his arms.
Colt's big chance? In week 16, after 0 snaps with the first team offense ALL season, while the teams franchise runningback and best recievers were on the sidelines most of the time? Hell, I'm surprised they even provided him with an offensive line that game. I can say that he went down the field and scored the first TD of the game until he and Trent went down from offensive minded stupidity.
He was probably throwing the ball into the ground to call bullshit on the coaching staffs lies about not putting in the good players because they were tired. He was probably buying time so they would see the light of day in his tenure.
-
I too am objective. I don't hate on Colt or root for BW3. I just see what I see. I see a far superior arm on Weeden. I see far better ultimate potential.
And in Colt's big chance at the end of the season, after he did "sit and learn", he came out in that last game of the season and was awful...against an eminently mediocre Steeler team.
As Dusty Springfield said "just wishin' and hopin and thinkin' and prayin' won't get you into his arms.
Colt's big chance? In week 16, after 0 snaps with the first team offense ALL season, while the teams franchise runningback and best recievers were on the sidelines most of the time? Hell, I'm surprised they even provided him with an offensive line that game. I can say that he went down the field and scored the first TD of the game until he and Trent went down from offensive minded stupidity.
He was probably throwing the ball into the ground to call bullshit on the coaching staffs lies about not putting in the good players because they were tired. He was probably buying time so they would see the light of day in his tenure.
-
McCoy will be gone, hopefully with a trade or draft pick/player. Hes run his course with CLE but i wish him luck down the road in his career.
The time is ticking. 15 min til 4!
-
-
Zombo said:
You mean he wasn't giving all he's got?
Zombo
While Weeden struggled all day to get a first down and Colt comes in and throws a TD with backups?

-
Zombo said:
You mean he wasn't giving all he's got?
Zombo
While Weeden struggled all day to get a first down and Colt comes in and throws a TD with backups?

While Weeden struggled all day to get a first down and Colt comes in and throws a TD with backups?

Against a prevent defense full of scrubs. The very definition of a garbage time TD.
Colt's a nice guy and I wish he had the talent to be a starting NFL QB but he just doesn't have it. He will have a great long career as a backup for someone and probably win some games here and there but he just doesn't have the talent to play QB in the NFL.
-
Is the Ghoolie ban still in force? Or did you let him out after his 30 days in the hole?
(or...do you think he is like Beetlejuice....say his name 3 times and he crops up to haunt you?)
I wasn't going to make this public, but since you don't read your PMs- nope, the Ghoolie ban is still in full force- and will be for the foreseeable future.
-
I am convinced the Browns loaded up their defensive front with some talented guys in free agency. They still didn’t make a move to bring in a quarterback to compete with Weeden. Now the focus in some reports say the Browns could be working out a deal to send former number one pick Phil Taylor to New England.
Lets not forget the Browns still have Colt McCoy on the team. Presently McCoy is out-of-town representing his fellow Cleveland Browns at union meetings. McCoy is the teams union representative. People think the Browns are hell-bent to bring in a quarterback to compete because Haslam III said that Weeden would have to compete for the starting quarterback role. Well, lets not forget that McCoy is still on the team and if you listened to what Haslam said over the super bowl weekend, you would have heard him say the Browns were not going to trade any of their players.
If Jimmy Haslam holds true to his word, that means McCoy would be competing for the starter role. Some fans think McCoy out-played Weeden in last season preseason, they think McCoy should have been the starter going into the regular season. He wasn’t and his preseason performance was completely ignored by the moron that was running the team.
Jimmy Haslam III who loves college football, knows McCoy is a competitor. He knows what McCoy did in college and in his mind he thinks McCoy can win in the NFL. Colt McCoy gives the Browns something Weeden lacks, he has an incredible football I.Q. and he has the ability to scramble.
Before we trade a former first round player like Taylor to New England for another back up quarterback lets not forget that the competition Haslam wants to see could very well be between McCoy and Weeden in camp. This season could get a real chance to compete. Not like the 3 ring circus led by an idiot last season.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAM! Call me Prophetic Poetic G. Exactly what I've been saying... read em and weep boys cause I'm holding all aces!
-
I am convinced the Browns loaded up their defensive front with some talented guys in free agency. They still didn’t make a move to bring in a quarterback to compete with Weeden. Now the focus in some reports say the Browns could be working out a deal to send former number one pick Phil Taylor to New England.
Lets not forget the Browns still have Colt McCoy on the team. Presently McCoy is out-of-town representing his fellow Cleveland Browns at union meetings. McCoy is the teams union representative. People think the Browns are hell-bent to bring in a quarterback to compete because Haslam III said that Weeden would have to compete for the starting quarterback role. Well, lets not forget that McCoy is still on the team and if you listened to what Haslam said over the super bowl weekend, you would have heard him say the Browns were not going to trade any of their players.
If Jimmy Haslam holds true to his word, that means McCoy would be competing for the starter role. Some fans think McCoy out-played Weeden in last season preseason, they think McCoy should have been the starter going into the regular season. He wasn’t and his preseason performance was completely ignored by the moron that was running the team.
Jimmy Haslam III who loves college football, knows McCoy is a competitor. He knows what McCoy did in college and in his mind he thinks McCoy can win in the NFL. Colt McCoy gives the Browns something Weeden lacks, he has an incredible football I.Q. and he has the ability to scramble.
Before we trade a former first round player like Taylor to New England for another back up quarterback lets not forget that the competition Haslam wants to see could very well be between McCoy and Weeden in camp. This season could get a real chance to compete. Not like the 3 ring circus led by an idiot last season.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAM! Call me Prophetic Poetic G. Exactly what I've been saying... read em and weep boys cause I'm holding all aces!
http://network.yardb...ngland/13148767
I am convinced the Browns loaded up their defensive front with some talented guys in free agency. They still didn't make a move to bring in a quarterback to compete with Weeden. Now the focus in some reports say the Browns could be working out a deal to send former number one pick Phil Taylor to New England.
Lets not forget the Browns still have Colt McCoy on the team. Presently McCoy is out-of-town representing his fellow Cleveland Browns at union meetings. McCoy is the teams union representative. People think the Browns are hell-bent to bring in a quarterback to compete because Haslam III said that Weeden would have to compete for the starting quarterback role. Well, lets not forget that McCoy is still on the team and if you listened to what Haslam said over the super bowl weekend, you would have heard him say the Browns were not going to trade any of their players.
If Jimmy Haslam holds true to his word, that means McCoy would be competing for the starter role. Some fans think McCoy out-played Weeden in last season preseason, they think McCoy should have been the starter going into the regular season. He wasn't and his preseason performance was completely ignored by the moron that was running the team.
Jimmy Haslam III who loves college football, knows McCoy is a competitor. He knows what McCoy did in college and in his mind he thinks McCoy can win in the NFL. Colt McCoy gives the Browns something Weeden lacks, he has an incredible football I.Q. and he has the ability to scramble.
Before we trade a former first round player like Taylor to New England for another back up quarterback lets not forget that the competition Haslam wants to see could very well be between McCoy and Weeden in camp. This season could get a real chance to compete. Not like the 3 ring circus led by an idiot last season.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAM! Call me Prophetic Poetic G. Exactly what I've been saying... read em and weep boys cause I'm holding all aces!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
-
Weeden fans will be showing their crocodile tears. I can't wait!
-
Banner already said quite clearly that no DL will be traded. Get over it: Neither Rubin nor Taylor are getting traded.
-
I am convinced the Browns loaded up their defensive front with some talented guys in free agency. They still didn’t make a move to bring in a quarterback to compete with Weeden. Now the focus in some reports say the Browns could be working out a deal to send former number one pick Phil Taylor to New England.
Lets not forget the Browns still have Colt McCoy on the team. Presently McCoy is out-of-town representing his fellow Cleveland Browns at union meetings. McCoy is the teams union representative. People think the Browns are hell-bent to bring in a quarterback to compete because Haslam III said that Weeden would have to compete for the starting quarterback role. Well, lets not forget that McCoy is still on the team and if you listened to what Haslam said over the super bowl weekend, you would have heard him say the Browns were not going to trade any of their players.
If Jimmy Haslam holds true to his word, that means McCoy would be competing for the starter role. Some fans think McCoy out-played Weeden in last season preseason, they think McCoy should have been the starter going into the regular season. He wasn’t and his preseason performance was completely ignored by the moron that was running the team.
Jimmy Haslam III who loves college football, knows McCoy is a competitor. He knows what McCoy did in college and in his mind he thinks McCoy can win in the NFL. Colt McCoy gives the Browns something Weeden lacks, he has an incredible football I.Q. and he has the ability to scramble.
Before we trade a former first round player like Taylor to New England for another back up quarterback lets not forget that the competition Haslam wants to see could very well be between McCoy and Weeden in camp. This season could get a real chance to compete. Not like the 3 ring circus led by an idiot last season.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAM! Call me Prophetic Poetic G. Exactly what I've been saying... read em and weep boys cause I'm holding all aces!
I am convinced the Browns loaded up their defensive front with some talented guys in free agency. They still didn’t make a move to bring in a quarterback to compete with Weeden. Now the focus in some reports say the Browns could be working out a deal to send former number one pick Phil Taylor to New England.
Lets not forget the Browns still have Colt McCoy on the team. Presently McCoy is out-of-town representing his fellow Cleveland Browns at union meetings. McCoy is the teams union representative. People think the Browns are hell-bent to bring in a quarterback to compete because Haslam III said that Weeden would have to compete for the starting quarterback role. Well, lets not forget that McCoy is still on the team and if you listened to what Haslam said over the super bowl weekend, you would have heard him say the Browns were not going to trade any of their players.
If Jimmy Haslam holds true to his word, that means McCoy would be competing for the starter role. Some fans think McCoy out-played Weeden in last season preseason, they think McCoy should have been the starter going into the regular season. He wasn’t and his preseason performance was completely ignored by the moron that was running the team.
Jimmy Haslam III who loves college football, knows McCoy is a competitor. He knows what McCoy did in college and in his mind he thinks McCoy can win in the NFL. Colt McCoy gives the Browns something Weeden lacks, he has an incredible football I.Q. and he has the ability to scramble.
Before we trade a former first round player like Taylor to New England for another back up quarterback lets not forget that the competition Haslam wants to see could very well be between McCoy and Weeden in camp. This season could get a real chance to compete. Not like the 3 ring circus led by an idiot last season.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAM! Call me Prophetic Poetic G. Exactly what I've been saying... read em and weep boys cause I'm holding all aces!
#1: They have already said, in about two straight interviews, that they will not be trading away any DL. They like the depth they had. Now if New England offered a good trade, say Rubin for Mallet and a handfull of mid round picks or their second, I could see our FO being swayed. Having said that Beli-tits doesn't make trades like that. He has an over inflated value of young guys on him team and he would demand a trade straight up or even require us to send over picks. That won't happen.
#2: While it speaks volumes for McCoys character and intelligence for him to be selected to represent the Browns at the meetings, it is a position that is picked by teammates, not the FO. It has no value based on talent. Case in point Fujita was the old representative. Super intelligent guy, not a good player.
-
This is Jimmy's team and he really likes Colt. Jimmy is a character guy and wants to keep the best character guys on the team...i have a feeling this may be one reasone that he didn't keep Josh (3 million other reasons as well, plus they like D. Robinson from UM in the 4th 5th if he is available to replae Cribbs) We need serviceable backups and Colt is one of those. He could be in this leauge till he is 50, he takes care of his body, is athletic, very instinctual and if anyone watched the radar gun his fastball got plenty fast last year. Plus he can hit on 95% of the throws, even across his body. My only true concern is that he is like Kyrie Irving he is a bit fragile. I would be very surprised if they let Colt go this year, i'm not saying he is our best chance of winning but i have a feeling that Colt will be here long after Weeden or whoever is gone...he is our Don Strock.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
