Skip to content

Hey Heck

Political Discussion
10 4 571
  • You live out there in Cali for nie aye right?

    And I'm assuming you drink good beer, no?

    Have you tried anything from Lagunitas?

    They have a really good seasonal IPA right now called Lagunitas sucks.

    A comical name taken from some emails be reaming them for discontinuing another of their seasonal beers.

    Their Regular IPA is good too.

    Wss

  • Yeah, there stuff is around. You see it more in the northern part of the state. I've had their pale ale and IPA. My local watering hole features a rotating selection of great beers.

    Check out the Anderson Valley Brewing Company beers if you can, though I think I detected a small change in quality once they went a little wider.

  • Oooh, beer talk. I did grab some Lagunitas when I was in San Fran last month, can't say that I've tried that one. Back in Dayton, I did try a Great Lakes Brewery Cleveland Brown Ale, was pretty damn good!

  • If anybody ever makes their way to the Ricky (the capital of Virginia) pick up any of the current seasonals offered from Legend Brewing in addition to a their classic Legend Brown Ale. In addition to some IPAs, Lagers, etc., they really shine in their seasonals.

    Nov-January: Winter White

    Feb-April(mid May): Maibock

    Summer: Hefeweisen

    Fall: Oktoberfest

    I also love Bells Hopslam, 2-Hearted, & Oberon, Epic Brewing's "Brainless Belgian Ale", Dogfish Raison D'Etre (with homemade chili), Snoqualmie Falls Brewing's "Avalanche Winter Ale" all of which are kind of limited release (other than the Epic & Dogfish).

    Charlottesville area (wintergreen ski resort) has a really good brewery named Devils Backbone that makes some quality beers too.

    Don't sleep on the Commonwealth.

  • Legacy do you live down south? I thought you were in Cleveland.

    We stopped in to Richmond when we were doing a brewery tour.

    Capital Ale House is a great place, though not really a brewery.

    WSS

  • I drink a lot of Bell's Oberon when I'm up in Michigan in the summer. Good stuff. Don't love the Two-Hearted though.

  • I drink a lot of Bell's Oberon when I'm up in Michigan in the summer. Good stuff. Don't love the Two-Hearted though.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    I drink a lot of Bell's Oberon when I'm up in Michigan in the summer. Good stuff. Don't love the Two-Hearted though.

    Ahhh to each his own my brother.

    When in Michigan visit Dragonmeade Royal Oak Brewing Company and the Black Lotus.

    Sounds like you might not be a hop head but here in Northeast Ohio White Rajah from the Brew Kettle, Add headhunter from fat heads are both great!

    Wss

  • Legacy do you live down south? I thought you were in Cleveland.

    We stopped in to Richmond when we were doing a brewery tour.

    Capital Ale House is a great place, though not really a brewery.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Legacy do you live down south? I thought you were in Cleveland.

    We stopped in to Richmond when we were doing a brewery tour.

    Capital Ale House is a great place, though not really a brewery.

    WSS

    Yeah man, born & raised. I wrote a blog piece following the "A Football Life: Cleveland '95" NFL Network special last fall about my ties to the Browns for a site of some Browns guys I follow on the twitter machine.

    Anywhoo, Capital is a great establishment.

    Next time you come down, check out Legend, and Hardywood (only like 2-3 yrs old). Great offerings. I've got a college buddy thats picking up some steam in the craft circuit down in Charlotte, NC. "Triple C Brewing." Good offerings there too - check them out if you're in the neighborhood.

  • I drink a lot of Bell's Oberon when I'm up in Michigan in the summer. Good stuff. Don't love the Two-Hearted though.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    I drink a lot of Bell's Oberon when I'm up in Michigan in the summer. Good stuff. Don't love the Two-Hearted though.

    Two-Hearted would be challenging in the summer, no doubt. Not bad when it's 40 out though.

  • Vapor The first time I had Lagunitas was in Dayton at Bostons many many years ago.

    Their basic IPA is a good IPA but some of their newer ones are spectacular.

    Legacy it seems like Richmond was where we found the Hops microbrew.

    They had 6 offerings, actually only 3 dark, brown and light and for the other 3 were just mixtures of those.

    Also the decor add the bar staff were lame.

    On the other hand we found a pub called penny lane which was pretty cool.

    WSS