Free Agents
-
Another older FA released that has ties to our D Coordinator. Maybe a 1-2 year rental to mentor Ward.Adrian Wilson
-
What up, Browns Board?!!!!
Browns are going big, I think, adding to a pretty strong base of strong talent: CB and pass rusher are the priorities. After that, 5-tech DE, RG, TE, maybe WR.
It's all coming down to whether or not the team is ready to commit to Weeds for another year... or go with Geno Smith at #6. I think it's Weeds and a trade down... but that's always subject to change.
What's up, Zombo?
-
I think it's Colt at QB, picking up a new TE and FB.
On D we're taking an OLB or a cornerback at 6. Then we need the other position adressed. We need to find a FS worth his weight in salt.
We need to resign Cribbs and Dawson. Momass and Watson. We also need a FB that can do the things we need him to do, like catch and block. I'd resign Kaluka, he's a great depth player and won't commmand a very large contract. Vickers would be a beast blocking for Trent Richardson, did I mention we need a FB?
-
That's a joke about Colt at QB, right? The guy we couldn't trade to Green Bay for a sixth round pick? The guy who can't accurately throw a 10 yard pass to a crossing receiver?
I swear, he literally has negative value at this point. You'd have to trade him and a fourth round pick for someone to assume his salary. Not even good by backup standards. Couldn't fit Chud/Norv worse. Chances of being on the team three months from now are roughly zero.
If we wanna give Weeds another year, I could see Chase Daniel and Dysert in 4. If not, I could see Geno Smith at #6. Won't surprise me a bit.
-
That's a joke about Colt at QB, right? The guy we couldn't trade to Green Bay for a sixth round pick? The guy who can't accurately throw a 10 yard pass to a crossing receiver?
I swear, he literally has negative value at this point. You'd have to trade him and a fourth round pick for someone to assume his salary. Not even good by backup standards. Couldn't fit Chud/Norv worse. Chances of being on the team three months from now are roughly zero.
If we wanna give Weeds another year, I could see Chase Daniel and Dysert in 4. If not, I could see Geno Smith at #6. Won't surprise me a bit.
That's a joke about Colt at QB, right? The guy we couldn't trade to Green Bay for a sixth round pick? The guy who can't accurately throw a 10 yard pass to a crossing receiver?
I swear, he literally has negative value at this point. You'd have to trade him and a fourth round pick for someone to assume his salary. Not even good by backup standards. Couldn't fit Chud/Norv worse. Chances of being on the team three months from now are roughly zero.
If we wanna give Weeds another year, I could see Chase Daniel and Dysert in 4. If not, I could see Geno Smith at #6. Won't surprise me a bit.
Its not a joke...PoeticG and the McCoy family are the only ones who see the guy as a starter in the NFL. His time in Cleveland is done. I think its Weeden and I actually think we bring back Anderson, especially now that Moore resigned in Miami.
MoMass is also gone...dude just can't stay healthy. I'd bring back Watson if the price is right.
-
James Harrison was just released.
-
I'd like to say I came up with this on my own... but rumor has it the Browns are calling agents for every CB on the market (well, all the good ones under 27). And they like Avril over Kruger. And they like Julian Edelman.
I'd like to say I came up with this on my own... but rumor has it the Browns are calling agents for every CB on the market (well, all the good ones under 27). And they like Avril over Kruger. And they like Julian Edelman.
I would ay you are right. Cabot just came out with a list of names that the Browns are in contact with.
Per @LaneAdkins #Browns have talked to reps for Julian Edelman, Cliff Avril, Brandon Myers, Keenan Lewis, Antoine Cason, Sean Smith and DR-C
Last for on that list are CB, DR-C being Cromartie. I like how we are looking at Myers. I think he would pair well with a more athletic TE such as Cameron.
-
My linkA few more names here that the Browns are interested in.
-
I can't believe the Chargers' "restriction" on Danario won't require anyone to give them draft pick compensation. I'd snap up Alexander in a heartbeat.. all we have to do is outbid the Chargers for his signature.
-
Also reported this morning that the Browns are in contact with both Kruger and Ellerbe's agents.
-
I can't believe the Chargers' "restriction" on Danario won't require anyone to give them draft pick compensation. I'd snap up Alexander in a heartbeat.. all we have to do is outbid the Chargers for his signature.
I can't believe the Chargers' "restriction" on Danario won't require anyone to give them draft pick compensation. I'd snap up Alexander in a heartbeat.. all we have to do is outbid the Chargers for his signature.
It's because he was undrafted. The low round tender corresponds with whatever round they were drafted in.
-
I can't believe the Chargers' "restriction" on Danario won't require anyone to give them draft pick compensation. I'd snap up Alexander in a heartbeat.. all we have to do is outbid the Chargers for his signature.
It's because he was undrafted. The low round tender corresponds with whatever round they were drafted in.
It's because he was undrafted. The low round tender corresponds with whatever round they were drafted in.
Yes - and that's only a concern with the lowest tier of the tender. I can't believe SD tendered their best WR from last season only a 1.26M contract. The tender tier corresponds to the pick the next team would have to pay them to sign the RFA.. first, second, or original draft round.. as well as the salary of the next year.
-
I'm stunned about the Chargers and Danario. He played the last 10 games and put up like 670 and 7 TDs. For the first time since he was 5 (exaggerating) he won't have any surgery in the offseason, says he feels great. Alo compares him to Josh Gordon, similar guys. Norv certainly knows him well.
I'd snap that kid up in a New York minute. Get him, Vasquez, and Brandon Myers and the offense looks fantastic.
-
Captain Munnerlyn and Dannell Ellerbe now in the mix. It's official, I have a chub.
-
I'd like to say I came up with this on my own... but rumor has it the Browns are calling agents for every CB on the market (well, all the good ones under 27). And they like Avril over Kruger. And they like Julian Edelman.
I'd like to say I came up with this on my own... but rumor has it the Browns are calling agents for every CB on the market (well, all the good ones under 27). And they like Avril over Kruger. And they like Julian Edelman.
They should be calling the agents of every CB on the market. The FA market is probably where they are going to get a starter opposite Haden, rather than the draft. I don't think they want to take the chance that Milliner will be there with the #6 pick. He is the only prime CB choice in the first round, where they will have options at DE or OLB. So, to have a sure thing, the will likely go FA with the CB position. Browns have Skine and Trevin Wade, but I think they see them as nickel and backups.
-
Im gonna laugh when Farmer starts bringing garbage from KC here to play...this franchise is a joke anymore
-
KC's defensive talent was pretty good. They had 5 pro bowlers on that D. It was their offense, particularly QB that sucked swamp water.
I am taking bets, they will be a playoff team next year.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login