Rand Paul
-
Just curious here fellas.
Anybody going to cross party lines to attack or defend the filibuster?
WSS
-
I liked what he did. That's the way they should have to do it. He started an actual debate.
And I support his point, at least somewhat.
-
Agreed. He did exactly what he was elected to do. Kind of wild that "representing the people" has become some viral video fodder
-
Part of it was preening and positioning himself for a run in 2016, but I get the sense that he also believes it and think it's important. That's about all you can ask from these people. It's rarely 100% altruistic.
I thought Holder's answers were evasive too. In my mind, there's no reason for the President to withhold what the policy on American citizens is, whether home or abroad. It gives away no secrets. It's a legal position. He should spell out what he thinks it is.
-
Dear Patriot,
My 13-hour filibuster yesterday is being called one of the longest in U.S. history.
I had been trying for more than a week to get a straight answer on whether or not the Obama administration believed it had the authority to use drones to target and kill American citizens on American soil – without due process.
And after receiving a letter from Attorney General Eric Holder claiming they DO have that authority, I could no longer sit silently at my desk in the U.S. Senate.
So I stood for thirteen-straight hours to send a message to the Obama administration, I will do everything in my power to fight their attempts to ignore the Constitution!
Millions of Americans chose to stand with me and put President Obama, Attorney General Holder, and Congress in the spotlight...
And the good news is, it worked!
Just hours ago, I received a letter from Attorney General Holder declaring the President DOES NOT have the authority to use drones to kill Americans on U.S. soil.
Patriot, this shows what we can do when stand together and fight.
So won't you help me continue the fight to protect our Constitutional liberties today?
-
Simply badass.
-
They do a lot of things they don't have the 'authority' to do.
-
Part of it was preening and positioning himself for a run in 2016, but I get the sense that he also believes it and think it's important. That's about all you can ask from these people. It's rarely 100% altruistic.
I thought Holder's answers were evasive too. In my mind, there's no reason for the President to withhold what the policy on American citizens is, whether home or abroad. It gives away no secrets. It's a legal position. He should spell out what he thinks it is.
Part of it was preening and positioning himself for a run in 2016, but I get the sense that he also believes it and think it's important. That's about all you can ask from these people. It's rarely 100% altruistic.
This.
I'd be foolish not to believe that this will be part of the campaign video for sure. But I do think -as you stated- he does believe in what he did, and thinks it's important. I feel it's very important.
I thought Holder's answers were evasive too. In my mind, there's no reason for the President to withhold what the policy on American citizens is, whether home or abroad. It gives away no secrets. It's a legal position. He should spell out what he thinks it is.
Yes. My concern is that the WhiteHouse understands marketing. And Holder's written response (after a week of evasion) was merely for the news clips/ soundbites. It's already making the rounds on the internet from the snarky young demographic: "Paul Rand [sic] asks a question for 13 hours and Eric Holder responds with 7 sentences." "Yes we can!!" Morons.
I worry that Holder's response came as a directive of "just answer 'no' - we don't have to do what we say." Just to put the issue to rest.
-
Well, I have never had much respect for Ron Paul,
Rand isn't my idea of the right guy to run for pres later. I wish Thune would run.
But I support Rand's filibuster. This admin has long since gotten out of control to a very concerning degree.
Here's more on the filibuster from Paul's pov.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login