Shep Dropping By To Say Hey...
-
greetings, Brown Warrior.
-
Jack (the football player) has a torn ACL and a pinched nerve in his neck. Knee surgery on Tuesday, did it playing basketball. Played Juco last year (after passing on like 10 smaller school scholarships) and led the team in tackles (changed to safety) before the pinched nerve. He's pretty much toast. Upside, he's got like a 3.75 and can go just about anywhere he wants. UCLA, I think.
At almost 6'0" and 205, I think he could've started for some D-1 schools (like the MAC) or certainly subdivision. He was SO fast last year, really explosive. Great blitzer, 10 yard split has to be outrageous. But I want him to have an actual life so I'm discouraging him at this point. I'm seriously gonna miss it.
Daughter's wrapping up Teach for America after Ohio State, then law school. Youngest in high school, totally a writer/actor dude, hates sports.
This draft will NOT go down as a bad QB draft. Too deep (Smith and Barkley... but also Nassib, Glennon, Bray, Manuel, Wilson, Matt Scott rising like crazy). A lot of QBs will go in rounds 2 and 3, unlike most years. I think by 2015, whoever drafted Matt Scott in round 3 will look like a genius.
-
Jack (the football player) has a torn ACL and a pinched nerve in his neck. Knee surgery on Tuesday, did it playing basketball. Played Juco last year (after passing on like 10 smaller school scholarships) and led the team in tackles (changed to safety) before the pinched nerve. He's pretty much toast. Upside, he's got like a 3.75 and can go just about anywhere he wants. UCLA, I think.
At almost 6'0" and 205, I think he could've started for some D-1 schools (like the MAC) or certainly subdivision. He was SO fast last year, really explosive. Great blitzer, 10 yard split has to be outrageous. But I want him to have an actual life so I'm discouraging him at this point. I'm seriously gonna miss it.
Daughter's wrapping up Teach for America after Ohio State, then law school. Youngest in high school, totally a writer/actor dude, hates sports.
This draft will NOT go down as a bad QB draft. Too deep (Smith and Barkley... but also Nassib, Glennon, Bray, Manuel, Wilson, Matt Scott rising like crazy). A lot of QBs will go in rounds 2 and 3, unlike most years. I think by 2015, whoever drafted Matt Scott in round 3 will look like a genius.
Daughter's wrapping up Teach for America after Ohio State, then law school.
Bummer about Jack.
My niece is in her first year in the teaching system in Columbus (also following Ohio State and a successful college career in Crew). I think the name of the program she works for is City Year.
-
Very cool, Roach. My daughter's a huge bleeding heart, my money's on Epstein School (advocacy law at UCLA). Fantastic way to spend 150,000 to make nothing (!). She used to babysit kids in shelters so moms could look for work, became a Court Appointed Special Advocate, etc. Super into kids, probably ends up with some kind of organization she has to pay to work there.
Yeah, sad about Jack... but he did seem to get hurt a lot. Cracked ribs, separated shoulder, pinched nerve, now the knee. I think he plays more violently than his body can allow.
-
Hey Shep, good to see ya!
I'm not expecting us to make a big splash in free agency, we will pick up some defensive pieces and some offensive depth.
I'm not into the draft yet, BPA as long as he doesn't play RB, T or C.
I am REALLY excited about the new coaching staff. Love it.
If this team gets the quarterback play we have been waiting thirteen years for we could be make some noise, good young talent on both sides of the ball.
Zombo
-
I'm gonna disagree, Zomb: We have to spend about 40 mill. No way around it. And word is we're already going hard for the top corners and Avril. To spend that much on lower end guys only we'd need to bringing in like 12. We have so many positions locked up (more than I can remember), so four f/a starters and another in round 1 sounds right. Maybe round 3, where safety value will be terrific (so deep).
-
Jack (the football player) has a torn ACL and a pinched nerve in his neck. Knee surgery on Tuesday, did it playing basketball. Played Juco last year (after passing on like 10 smaller school scholarships) and led the team in tackles (changed to safety) before the pinched nerve. He's pretty much toast. Upside, he's got like a 3.75 and can go just about anywhere he wants. UCLA, I think.
At almost 6'0" and 205, I think he could've started for some D-1 schools (like the MAC) or certainly subdivision. He was SO fast last year, really explosive. Great blitzer, 10 yard split has to be outrageous. But I want him to have an actual life so I'm discouraging him at this point. I'm seriously gonna miss it.
Daughter's wrapping up Teach for America after Ohio State, then law school. Youngest in high school, totally a writer/actor dude, hates sports.
This draft will NOT go down as a bad QB draft. Too deep (Smith and Barkley... but also Nassib, Glennon, Bray, Manuel, Wilson, Matt Scott rising like crazy). A lot of QBs will go in rounds 2 and 3, unlike most years. I think by 2015, whoever drafted Matt Scott in round 3 will look like a genius.
-
And you didn't start a qb thread(s).
Brady Quinn is a free agent
Derrick Anderson .....the stars are aligned.
Did you and inspecta get a divorce?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
