Official Free Agency Activity Thread
-
4 of the last 5 teams that spent the most in FA actually regressed the following year.
I wouldn't be surprised to see them do terrible next year.
Yeah I read that one too, cleveland traded away 4/5ths of the draft away for corey williams and shaun rogers. Then preceded to over pay D.A and Dante stallworth.
Yeah I read that one too, cleveland traded away 4/5ths of the draft away for corey williams and shaun rogers. Then preceded to over pay D.A and Dante stallworth.
I couldn't bring myself to read the part about Cleveland. I literally started to have a panic attack. The mismanagement and stupidity physically make me ill.
-
Fred Davis, Toledo native.
In an interview with 92.3 The Fan last week, Davis, a Toledo native, said it would be "awesome'' to return to Ohio and play for the Browns if he didn't re-sign with the Redskins.
"I mean, you want to end up somewhere where you know you could fit and feel comfortable,” Davis told 92.3 The Fan. "If you’re talking about two or three million dollars difference with a team, I would rather go for happiness any day than some more money. I’d rather be somewhere where I know that they’re gonna use me to the best of my ability, believe in me, a team that wants to give me a chance to come in and help them any kind of way, right away, and let’s win some games. That’s what I want. I don’t want to just go for the money and just start losing. I kind of want to be in a position where I can help a team win.''
Duh Winning.
-
Really, the Bills or Jets trying to move ahead of Arizona is the only concievable trading partner we have to move down. That move would only get us a 3rd rounder in return, but either way it's a pretty safe trade for us. I think our priority (as of right now) is Milliner so if he goes to the Lions and Geno is still on the board then no doubt we try and trade down. We could probably still get Ansah or Jones at #8 or #9.
I hear Banner is really high on Jones, as am I. Is there any possibility he can play ILB in a 3-4?? I heard he was versatile, but I have not looked into it or watched enough fil to know if that is even an option.
Really, the Bills or Jets trying to move ahead of Arizona is the only concievable trading partner we have to move down. That move would only get us a 3rd rounder in return, but either way it's a pretty safe trade for us. I think our priority (as of right now) is Milliner so if he goes to the Lions and Geno is still on the board then no doubt we try and trade down. We could probably still get Ansah or Jones at #8 or #9.
I hear Banner is really high on Jones, as am I. Is there any possibility he can play ILB in a 3-4?? I heard he was versatile, but I have not looked into it or watched enough fil to know if that is even an option.
His gift is rushing the passer. You dont draft jones to put him on the inside.
-
Twitter: Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
"Some tight-end notes ... TE Kellen Davis, already having visited the Steelers and Saints, has drawn interest from the Browns and Bengals ..."
-
Let's give Brandon Lloyd a 1-yr deal to rehabilitate his career.. 1 yr, 2M is more than what he was going to make in NE before he was cut.
-
Brent Grimes (CB) in for a visit, and Kellen Davis (TE) is being looked into.
-
Let's give Brandon Lloyd a 1-yr deal to rehabilitate his career.. 1 yr, 2M is more than what he was going to make in NE before he was cut.
Let's give Brandon Lloyd a 1-yr deal to rehabilitate his career.. 1 yr, 2M is more than what he was going to make in NE before he was cut.
I like your thinking, but without looking it up hasnt he been injured alot the last few years?
Maybe time to let him go to pasture if you ask me.
-
Let's give Brandon Lloyd a 1-yr deal to rehabilitate his career.. 1 yr, 2M is more than what he was going to make in NE before he was cut.
I like your thinking, but without looking it up hasnt he been injured alot the last few years?
Maybe time to let him go to pasture if you ask me.
hasnt he been injured alot the last few years?
bad chemistry at his last two teams. But his 1400 yd season was 2 seasons ago and seems longer than that. Perhaps just 1yr/1M.
If we're going to sign a FA WR, Alexander has to be that guy.. not lloyd.
-
Hey, Banner: Shut up and resign Dawson. Yesterday.
Who are you going to replace him with, Tynes: who was 1-3 from 50+ while Dawson was 7-7?
-
hasnt he been injured alot the last few years?
bad chemistry at his last two teams. But his 1400 yd season was 2 seasons ago and seems longer than that. Perhaps just 1yr/1M.
If we're going to sign a FA WR, Alexander has to be that guy.. not lloyd.
bad chemistry at his last two teams. But his 1400 yd season was 2 seasons ago and seems longer than that. Perhaps just 1yr/1M.
If we're going to sign a FA WR, Alexander has to be that guy.. not lloyd.
Either guy. Lloyd didn't have a bad season last year. 900 yards and 4 TD in an offense with Welker as the #1 option and two TEs as the #2 and #3. One year deal for him would be good. Alexander would be a nice young pick up, has proven to be a great producer when healthy, but last season was his only healthy season out of 3. Both guys are gambles.
-
Ben Watson went to new Orleans, three year deal
-
Hey, Banner: Shut up and resign Dawson. Yesterday.
Who are you going to replace him with, Tynes: who was 1-3 from 50+ while Dawson was 7-7?
Hey, Banner: Shut up and resign Dawson. Yesterday.
Who are you going to replace him with, Tynes: who was 1-3 from 50+ while Dawson was 7-7?
Dawson wants out and its 10+ mill to tag him...unless we pony up like 5 mill he's gone.
-
Ryan Fitzpatrick signed with Titans
Zombo
--His very good friend, Patrick Fitzryan is expected to accompany him
-
Hey, Banner: Shut up and resign Dawson. Yesterday.
Who are you going to replace him with, Tynes: who was 1-3 from 50+ while Dawson was 7-7?
Hey, Banner: Shut up and resign Dawson. Yesterday.
Who are you going to replace him with, Tynes: who was 1-3 from 50+ while Dawson was 7-7?
^+1. If you saw the other thread, with Banner's comments- something is up. Joe isn't saying until Dawson signs somewhere, though he did leave the door open to resigning Phil. Unless they're in cap hell, you think the 49ers wouldn't want to upgrade Akers?
-
Ryan Fitzpatrick signed with Titans
Zombo
--His very good friend, Patrick Fitzryan is expected to accompany him
Zombo said:
Ryan Fitzpatrick signed with Titans
Zombo
--His very good friend, Patrick Fitzryan is expected to accompany him
matt hasselbeck goes from titans to be backup to in indy.
-
Pollard to the Titans
Reed to the Texans
Jennings to the Vikings
McClain given permission by Raiders to seek a trade --> I wouldn't mind offering a 6th or 7th for this guy - he'd beat out either TJ Ford or Gocong for a backup ILB spot. Neither of them were going to do much long-term for us anyway.
Cribbs failed his physical in Arizona because of a partially torn meniscus.. Is he still under contract to Cleveland or not?
Dumerville is now taking FA visits.
Munnerlyn resigned with Carolina.
Ben Watson signed with the Saints.
Brandon Myers signed with NYG.
-
Browns are hosting Kellen Davis TE from Chicago today...
I get the feeling they're not getting Fred Davis TE, and they already lost Brandon Myers
I'm assuming offensive FAs are not looking at Cleveland very highly b/c of our unconfidence at the QB position. These players know QB is the most important position on the offense, and I'm thinking they're not sold on Weeden throwing them the ball. Reports had us talking to Edelman, Myers, F.Davis, and Brandon Gibson... but none have panned out yet.
I'm still waiting to hear about Grimes, but usually the farther away it gets from a visit, the less likely they sign so it's not looking good.
We despirately need to add talent to the CB position. If we can't get somebody decent through FA, then the #6 pick will certainly be Milliner... assuming he's still there.
-
Browns are hosting Kellen Davis TE from Chicago today...
I get the feeling they're not getting Fred Davis TE, and they already lost Brandon Myers
I'm assuming offensive FAs are not looking at Cleveland very highly b/c of our unconfidence at the QB position. These players know QB is the most important position on the offense, and I'm thinking they're not sold on Weeden throwing them the ball. Reports had us talking to Edelman, Myers, F.Davis, and Brandon Gibson... but none have panned out yet.
I'm still waiting to hear about Grimes, but usually the farther away it gets from a visit, the less likely they sign so it's not looking good.
We despirately need to add talent to the CB position. If we can't get somebody decent through FA, then the #6 pick will certainly be Milliner... assuming he's still there.
-
Dawson's replacement? Harvard Rugland.....
"While Dawson was on the conference call -- something he initiated so he could address the fans and media here one last time -- the Browns were already trying to fill his enormous shoes. They brought in "Kickalicious," a Norwegian trick-shot artist named Havard Rugland, who's seeking an NFL contract. But it was just a look-see, and it's highly doubtful they'll sign him. "
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/former_cleveland_browns_kicker.html
-
Dawson's replacement? Harvard Rugland.....
"While Dawson was on the conference call -- something he initiated so he could address the fans and media here one last time -- the Browns were already trying to fill his enormous shoes. They brought in "Kickalicious," a Norwegian trick-shot artist named Havard Rugland, who's seeking an NFL contract. But it was just a look-see, and it's highly doubtful they'll sign him. "
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/former_cleveland_browns_kicker.html
Dawson's replacement? Harvard Rugland.....
"While Dawson was on the conference call -- something he initiated so he could address the fans and media here one last time -- the Browns were already trying to fill his enormous shoes. They brought in "Kickalicious," a Norwegian trick-shot artist named Havard Rugland, who's seeking an NFL contract. But it was just a look-see, and it's highly doubtful they'll sign him. "
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/former_cleveland_browns_kicker.html
That youTube video was sweet. Sign him up!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login