Skip to content

Cb Nnamdi Asomugha Should We Get Him?

The Browns Board
15 10 1.2k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #2

    depends on what'd take to sign him.

    IMO i think the guy is headed for a redemption year.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #3

    No. All he does is give up touchdowns. Skrine and Wade are more than OK at the 3,4 CB spots.. what we need is a #2CB, and I don't think he is either good enough or willing to take that salary.

  • bigbaddawgjrB bigbaddawgjr wrote on last edited by
    #4

    So is better him or Revis? I really thought Nnamdi was the best when he was with the raiders.

  • LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #5

    yes get him

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Namdi is best at man on man not in a zone scheme not sure if that fits here or not.

  • So is better him or Revis? I really thought Nnamdi was the best when he was with the raiders.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @bigbaddawgjr said:

    So is better him or Revis? I really thought Nnamdi was the best when he was with the raiders.

    Neither. This isn't 2011. If I'm a GM, I'm not taking the massive $$ chance on the rehabbed ACL of Revis. Nnamdi flat-out sucks.

  • @bigbaddawgjr said:

    So is better him or Revis? I really thought Nnamdi was the best when he was with the raiders.

    Neither. This isn't 2011. If I'm a GM, I'm not taking the massive $$ chance on the rehabbed ACL of Revis. Nnamdi flat-out sucks.

    bigbaddawgjrB bigbaddawgjr wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @unsympathetic said:

    Neither. This isn't 2011. If I'm a GM, I'm not taking the massive $$ chance on the rehabbed ACL of Revis. Nnamdi flat-out sucks.

    Then who do you go for? We really need another CB or two to go with Haden.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Neither. This isn't 2011. If I'm a GM, I'm not taking the massive $$ chance on the rehabbed ACL of Revis. Nnamdi flat-out sucks.

    Then who do you go for? We really need another CB or two to go with Haden.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @bigbaddawgjr said:

    Then who do you go for? We really need another CB or two to go with Haden.

    Munnerlyn, Toler, Houston, and Sean Smith are all younger and performed better than him last year. Keenan Lewis would be a good #2 but he may be too expensive.

    DeAngelo Hall, Nnamdi, and Asante are all not worth signing.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #10

    He is a guy that you need to make sure fits your system. It great in press coverage, average at zone. What are we running most of the time? What is his age? All these play factors.

  • No. All he does is give up touchdowns. Skrine and Wade are more than OK at the 3,4 CB spots.. what we need is a #2CB, and I don't think he is either good enough or willing to take that salary.

    D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @unsympathetic said:

    No. All he does is give up touchdowns. Skrine and Wade are more than OK at the 3,4 CB spots.. what we need is a #2CB, and I don't think he is either good enough or willing to take that salary.

    Skrine is fucking terrible

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Forget Headcase Nnamdi. Let's steal Lewis from the Steelers.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #13

    A league source tells ProFootballTalk that Nnamdi Asomugha’s potential destinations include Texans, 49ers, Broncos, and Cardinals.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #14

    at this point after 2 days of free agency i think the browns will cool off and let everything play out and see what kind of scraps are left over after the frenzy in the CB market.

    the OL we might have been looking at are gone. we stocked up on LBs. i say CB or FS are the only other positions we might take a stab at...maybe a TE.

    can they hold back money to be used in FA to throw at a team in say a trade i.e. we'll give you this guy plus some cash for that guy?

  • at this point after 2 days of free agency i think the browns will cool off and let everything play out and see what kind of scraps are left over after the frenzy in the CB market.

    the OL we might have been looking at are gone. we stocked up on LBs. i say CB or FS are the only other positions we might take a stab at...maybe a TE.

    can they hold back money to be used in FA to throw at a team in say a trade i.e. we'll give you this guy plus some cash for that guy?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @miktoxic said:

    at this point after 2 days of free agency i think the browns will cool off and let everything play out and see what kind of scraps are left over after the frenzy in the CB market.

    the OL we might have been looking at are gone. we stocked up on LBs. i say CB or FS are the only other positions we might take a stab at...maybe a TE.

    can they hold back money to be used in FA to throw at a team in say a trade i.e. we'll give you this guy plus some cash for that guy?

    Prior to this new CBA, it wasn't illegal but there was really no point. It may be illegal as of this new CBA, however.

    I'm not sure how it works, but I know that in the NBA the trading of cash is purely because they are more financial driven than our league. Most of the teams in the NBA are above the soft cap, so most of the trades are purely for cap purposes. A lot of the pu pu platters are just so they can set themselves up to get under the cap in a few years and make a big FA move.

    The NFL is more of a win now league than the NBA