Skip to content

Trade With Vikings

The Browns Board
18 13 1.1k
  • If we give them the 6th pick we're taking both of their first rounders AND their second rounder...

  • If we manage to trade back, it would only be a few spots. We would get a 2nd rounder for trading back 2 or 3. If we traded back as far as you say we would have to get both of their 1st rounders and their 2nd, plus mid to late round picks for this or next year. Your trade would be the stupidest one in the history of sports.

  • I would really like us to propose a trade with the Minnesota Vikings were we would swap the 6th for their 23 and 52 picks in the draft...thus allowing us to go after Dennis Pitta an not Big Tex with a 2nd round tender. I think Pitta could basically get us everything we needed minus a few secondary pieces sans QB, and we should be good to go for a few years...thus continuing to concentrate on the defensive side with our picks in the 1st round...getting Pitta basically in the 2nd going after DaRick Rogers in the 3rd. For some reason the Jimmy Haslam really likes Colt so he will still be in the NFL at 45 and we basically go after Tyler Wilson for the long run...I wouldn't doubt if we pull the trigger on Bray in the 4th if he is still there.

    @brownfish said:

    I would really like us to propose a trade with the Minnesota Vikings were we would swap the 6th for their 23 and 52 picks in the draft...thus allowing us to go after Dennis Pitta an not Big Tex with a 2nd round tender. I think Pitta could basically get us everything we needed minus a few secondary pieces sans QB, and we should be good to go for a few years...thus continuing to concentrate on the defensive side with our picks in the 1st round...getting Pitta basically in the 2nd going after DaRick Rogers in the 3rd. For some reason the Jimmy Haslam really likes Colt so he will still be in the NFL at 45 and we basically go after Tyler Wilson for the long run...I wouldn't doubt if we pull the trigger on Bray in the 4th if he is still there.

    I think this is horrible idea. First, if I am dropping 17 spots I am getting more than one extra pick out of it. And if I did drop that far down I am not using it on Dennis Pitta. I am sure the Vike would jump at this trade, its a great deal for them. We got 4 extra picks I think when we dropped 20 spots from 6 with the Falcons and you want us to get one extra pick, no thanks.

  • who the fuck is dennis pittna? really?

    what do you go to school with the guy or sumthin?

  • Shields, the GB CB, has to be our #1 option among players with a second-round tender. Jordan Cameron is Pitta.

  • I would really like us to propose a trade with the Minnesota Vikings were we would swap the 6th for their 23 and 52 picks in the draft...thus allowing us to go after Dennis Pitta an not Big Tex with a 2nd round tender. I think Pitta could basically get us everything we needed minus a few secondary pieces sans QB, and we should be good to go for a few years...thus continuing to concentrate on the defensive side with our picks in the 1st round...getting Pitta basically in the 2nd going after DaRick Rogers in the 3rd. For some reason the Jimmy Haslam really likes Colt so he will still be in the NFL at 45 and we basically go after Tyler Wilson for the long run...I wouldn't doubt if we pull the trigger on Bray in the 4th if he is still there.

    @brownfish said:

    I would really like us to propose a trade with the Minnesota Vikings were we would swap the 6th for their 23 and 52 picks in the draft...thus allowing us to go after Dennis Pitta an not Big Tex with a 2nd round tender. I think Pitta could basically get us everything we needed minus a few secondary pieces sans QB, and we should be good to go for a few years...thus continuing to concentrate on the defensive side with our picks in the 1st round...getting Pitta basically in the 2nd going after DaRick Rogers in the 3rd. For some reason the Jimmy Haslam really likes Colt so he will still be in the NFL at 45 and we basically go after Tyler Wilson for the long run...I wouldn't doubt if we pull the trigger on Bray in the 4th if he is still there.

    Before you play armchair GM and start trading draft picks, I'd suggest you consult THIS first.

    As was said, that's not even close to what the #6 pick is worth. FYI, it's more like BOTH the Vikings firsts (or one of their firsts, and a first next year plus this year's third round pick.

  • @brownfish said:

    I would really like us to propose a trade with the Minnesota Vikings were we would swap the 6th for their 23 and 52 picks in the draft...thus allowing us to go after Dennis Pitta an not Big Tex with a 2nd round tender. I think Pitta could basically get us everything we needed minus a few secondary pieces sans QB, and we should be good to go for a few years...thus continuing to concentrate on the defensive side with our picks in the 1st round...getting Pitta basically in the 2nd going after DaRick Rogers in the 3rd. For some reason the Jimmy Haslam really likes Colt so he will still be in the NFL at 45 and we basically go after Tyler Wilson for the long run...I wouldn't doubt if we pull the trigger on Bray in the 4th if he is still there.

    Before you play armchair GM and start trading draft picks, I'd suggest you consult THIS first.

    As was said, that's not even close to what the #6 pick is worth. FYI, it's more like BOTH the Vikings firsts (or one of their firsts, and a first next year plus this year's third round pick.

    @hoorta said:

    Before you play armchair GM and start trading draft picks, I'd suggest you consult THIS first.

    As was said, that's not even close to what the #6 pick is worth. FYI, it's more like BOTH the Vikings firsts (or one of their firsts, and a first next year plus this year's third round pick.

    Damn. This is saying the 7th overall is worth only half the 1st. I definetly don't see that in this draft, it has to have something to do with quality of players. I would jump at the chance to trade 1st overall for 7th and 8th according to that value

  • We have lots of bodies, we need a superstar. Man up and take the Best Available at 6.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    We have lots of bodies, we need a superstar. Man up and take the Best Available at 6.

    Z

    Lol there' no superstars at 6. They top ten can go in any order and about six guys can go #1

  • There is always a superstar in every draft. Take a stab at it.

    Grab the highest guy on your board at six and don't look back.

    Z

  • @hoorta said:

    Before you play armchair GM and start trading draft picks, I'd suggest you consult THIS first.

    As was said, that's not even close to what the #6 pick is worth. FYI, it's more like BOTH the Vikings firsts (or one of their firsts, and a first next year plus this year's third round pick.

    Damn. This is saying the 7th overall is worth only half the 1st. I definetly don't see that in this draft, it has to have something to do with quality of players. I would jump at the chance to trade 1st overall for 7th and 8th according to that value

    @comeonman said:

    Damn. This is saying the 7th overall is worth only half the 1st. I definetly don't see that in this draft, it has to have something to do with quality of players. I would jump at the chance to trade 1st overall for 7th and 8th according to that value

    I agree, that value chart is more like a basic guideline. Different factors play into how much is actually traded, such as the position of the player being picked and the amount of teams trying to trade. For example last year the Rams traded from 6 to 2 but they gave up 3 first round picks and 1 second round pick. That is way over value, but it happened because they were trading for the chance to take a QB and they were also trading against us. We would have had to actually offer the same value or even slightly more even though we were picking at 4th.

    Also don't forget the Rickey Williams trade where the Saints gave up an entire draft plus the next season 1st round pick for one player just because at the time he was considered the best RB to come out in the draft in over a decade while RB was still the most important position in football.

    This is why there is a huge difference between us maybe being able to trade back 1-3 spots with the Bills, Cards, or Jets if Smith is still on the table and use trading back the same amount if the teams have a different player in mind. If the trade is for Smith, then we would likely get a 2nd rounder, at least. If not then we would likely be trading back for value or even slightly less, so either a 3rd round pick, or multiple mid to play round picks.

    No as mentioned already by someone else, if this trade with the Vikes happens, which it won't, we would get about the same value as when we traded with the Falcons. That is two 1st round picks, and maybe a 2nd/3rd rounder plus mid round picks. I don't see them loving a player so much that they would give up both 1st round picks this year. They are looking WR and there is NO WR that is going to be worth the 6th pick.

    Plus I wouldn't use any 2nd round pick we get on Pitta. While he might be better if made more of a focal point in an offense, I would rather grab a more athletic guy in the 3rd or 4th, or just see what Cameron can do for us.

  • @hoorta said:

    Before you play armchair GM and start trading draft picks, I'd suggest you consult THIS first.

    As was said, that's not even close to what the #6 pick is worth. FYI, it's more like BOTH the Vikings firsts (or one of their firsts, and a first next year plus this year's third round pick.

    Damn. This is saying the 7th overall is worth only half the 1st. I definetly don't see that in this draft, it has to have something to do with quality of players. I would jump at the chance to trade 1st overall for 7th and 8th according to that value

    @comeonman said:

    Damn. This is saying the 7th overall is worth only half the 1st. I definetly don't see that in this draft, it has to have something to do with quality of players. I would jump at the chance to trade 1st overall for 7th and 8th according to that value

    What Harry said. If the Colts had kept Manning, it would have cost us more than that to move up to #1 last year to take Luck. I'll still say the Redskins gave up way too much- three firsts and a second- to move up from #8 to #2 to take RG III. Especially if Griffin can't stay healthy.

  • @comeonman said:

    Damn. This is saying the 7th overall is worth only half the 1st. I definetly don't see that in this draft, it has to have something to do with quality of players. I would jump at the chance to trade 1st overall for 7th and 8th according to that value

    What Harry said. If the Colts had kept Manning, it would have cost us more than that to move up to #1 last year to take Luck. I'll still say the Redskins gave up way too much- three firsts and a second- to move up from #8 to #2 to take RG III. Especially if Griffin can't stay healthy.

    @hoorta said:

    What Harry said. If the Colts had kept Manning, it would have cost us more than that to move up to #1 last year to take Luck. I'll still say the Redskins gave up way too much- three firsts and a second- to move up from #8 to #2 to take RG III. Especially if Griffin can't stay healthy.

    Time will tell. If he can stay healthy, he's well worth it. Pro bowl in his first year. Hell I'd trade four first rounders for a pro bowl QB, how many first rounders have we used and traded up for since '99 and still haven't got a great QB

  • We have lots of bodies, we need a superstar. Man up and take the Best Available at 6.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    We have lots of bodies, we need a superstar. Man up and take the Best Available at 6.

    Z

    Agreed this trade down bullshit (although I am happy with Taylor) has proven not to work. Pick the best player.

  • I'm all for trading down, but not getting trade raped so we can sign a mediocre TE.