Skip to content

The Best Rookie Qbs

The Browns Board
21 7 1.2k
  • Zombo said:

    There's the thing.

    None of us know jackshit about quarterbacks.

    Some fell in love with Brady Quinn, Kelly Holcomb, Charlie Frye and Colt McCoy because they felt they had "intangibles" and "moxie".

    I am guilty for over-indulging in Tim Couch and Derek Anderson because I saw beautiful passes when they were "on" which made me dismiss how much they were actually "off"

    Here's what I'll say about Brandon Weeden: Talent-wise he is as good as, or better, than anybody we have brought in since 99.

    And he has an offensive-minded long-ball stretch-the-field coach in Chud, Norv Fricking Turner as his OC, Trent Richardson as his running back, Gordon and Little at WR, Joe Thomas as his left tackle and stud anchors at center and RT ... he is set up to succeed.

    Whether he does or not, is up to him.

    Maybe Camp "slow minded" is right, he crashes and burns and Campbell gives us adequate quarterbacking until we bring in the next prospect.

    I don't know. I'm about 50/50 on him at this point (maybe 55/45) on him being the answer.

    But, we are going to find out quickly. He's got no excuses ... he either takes off in this offense or he's a 30-year-old has been joke added to the littany of post-99 Browns jokes ... but I think we'll know by the end of October.

    Give him two months of football and then feel free with the "I told you so's".

    But I think we've got a talented quarterback and a great "cockpit" and the perfect coaching system for him to succeed ...

    Call me Shep, call me gay ... but I am actually excited to see Weeden in this offense in 2013.

    Zombo

    Until Greco and Lavao are replaced...I dont see this as a "great" cockpit.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @nickers said:

    Until Greco and Lavao are replaced...I dont see this as a "great" cockpit.

    I thought Greco filled in well, better than expected.

    Lauvao ... he can go.

    Zombo