Dawson To 49Ers
-
-
The NFL is a business, not a charity organization. Phil desires new opportunities elsewhere, so we pickup a young K to be our franchise kicker for the next 14 years. End of story.
PoeticG is exactly whats wrong with many US professional sports fans...they treat everything in sports so damn personally. Relax, and remember that its a BUSINESS. If you had more prestigious, higher paying opportunities at a competing company of the one you're working at right now, would you take it? You'd be an absent minded idiot if you didn't. Cya Dawson, and no offense but as a kicker you are incredibly replaceable.
-
-
It's sad news.
It was the only 1999 veteran left.
We'll miss him but I wish him the best in his new life on the bay.
Thank you for everything you did in orange and brown uniform, Phil.
-
Mary Kay Cabot Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot Dawson on if #Browns had made same offer: "If worms had guns, birds wouldn't eat 'em. Once became apparent SF was legit, got excited''
Dawson = Worm, Banner = Bird, San Frans offer = Gun
Banner tried to lowball Dawson and wouldn't pay him more. That's how I interpret it anyhow.
-
Mary Kay Cabot Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot Dawson on if #Browns had made same offer: "If worms had guns, birds wouldn't eat 'em. Once became apparent SF was legit, got excited''
Dawson = Worm, Banner = Bird, San Frans offer = Gun
Banner tried to lowball Dawson and wouldn't pay him more. That's how I interpret it anyhow.
Mary Kay Cabot Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot Dawson on if #Browns had made same offer: "If worms had guns, birds wouldn't eat 'em. Once became apparent SF was legit, got excited''
Dawson = Worm, Banner = Bird, San Frans offer = Gun
Banner tried to lowball Dawson and wouldn't pay him more. That's how I interpret it anyhow.
Subsequently I feel like this could a perfect slogan for the NRA against the new gun law measures.
-
I think Dawson's decision had nothing to do with money and everything to do with playing for a contender while he still can. I think that's pretty clear here. He's been trying to do this for the past two seasons but was unable to when the Browns franchised him. I wish him all the luck and will be a part-time 49ers fan next year. This guy toiled on a shitty team for long enough. It's time he got a shot at glory. People who are angry over this, whether towards Dawson or Banner, just don't get it. So long Phil, and thanks for all the kicks.
-
Burn his jersey!
Right?
That's how we fly off the handle
Right?
-
Thanks Phil!! Brown for life.
-
Burn his jersey!
Right?
That's how we fly off the handle
Right?
If you're making a reference to LeBum, totally different situation. Dawson- native Texan, Bum- native NE Ohio. Dawson 14 years with team, nearing end of career. Bum, in prime of career, would rather play with his pals. Doubt anyone burned an Ilgauskas jersey- there's your apples to apples comparison.
-
Burn his jersey!
Right?
That's how we fly off the handle
Right?
Typical woody response. Nothing of substance.
-
I think Dawson's decision had nothing to do with money and everything to do with playing for a contender while he still can. I think that's pretty clear here. He's been trying to do this for the past two seasons but was unable to when the Browns franchised him. I wish him all the luck and will be a part-time 49ers fan next year. This guy toiled on a shitty team for long enough. It's time he got a shot at glory. People who are angry over this, whether towards Dawson or Banner, just don't get it. So long Phil, and thanks for all the kicks.
I think Dawson's decision had nothing to do with money and everything to do with playing for a contender while he still can. I think that's pretty clear here. He's been trying to do this for the past two seasons but was unable to when the Browns franchised him. I wish him all the luck and will be a part-time 49ers fan next year. This guy toiled on a shitty team for long enough. It's time he got a shot at glory. People who are angry over this, whether towards Dawson or Banner, just don't get it. So long Phil, and thanks for all the kicks.
The funny thing may be, however, that with the Super Bowl curse, the Browns could end up being the better team!!
Whadday think about that?
-
Thanks phil for all of the patients you had through thick and thin, class act.
One of the all time great browns players!
-
Burn his jersey!
Right?
That's how we fly off the handle
Right?
Typical woody response. Nothing of substance.
Typical woody response. Nothing of substance.
That's cute
-
Burn his jersey!
Right?
That's how we fly off the handle
Right?
If you're making a reference to LeBum, totally different situation. Dawson- native Texan, Bum- native NE Ohio. Dawson 14 years with team, nearing end of career. Bum, in prime of career, would rather play with his pals. Doubt anyone burned an Ilgauskas jersey- there's your apples to apples comparison.
If you're making a reference to LeBum, totally different situation. Dawson- native Texan, Bum- native NE Ohio. Dawson 14 years with team, nearing end of career. Bum, in prime of career, would rather play with his pals. Doubt anyone burned an Ilgauskas jersey- there's your apples to apples comparison.
Well considering you're still calling Lebron a name years later...
I'm pretty sure he left to go win, and did.
Oh I know its "how he did it"... my b
-
If you're making a reference to LeBum, totally different situation. Dawson- native Texan, Bum- native NE Ohio. Dawson 14 years with team, nearing end of career. Bum, in prime of career, would rather play with his pals. Doubt anyone burned an Ilgauskas jersey- there's your apples to apples comparison.
Well considering you're still calling Lebron a name years later...
I'm pretty sure he left to go win, and did.
Oh I know its "how he did it"... my b
Well considering you're still calling Lebron a name years later...
I'm pretty sure he left to go win, and did.
Oh I know its "his he did it"... my b
yeah he left to win. if bo schembeckler would have 'left to win' and deserted the wolverines you'd be still pissing shit out your dick about that.
so let me ask you after all these years: you're a browns fan that lives in michigan? you like the browns but hate everything else about cleveland: the college teams obviously, the cavs and indians too?
do yourself a favor and lay off other fans that have pulled for these teams since they were kids. stick to browns only topics cuz you won't win many people over by dissin people that still have ill will towards the biggest traitor in cleveland sports history besides art modell.
everyone should have known the dude was not legit when he showed up to indians games wearin a yankees hat.
fuck that fool.
-
If you're making a reference to LeBum, totally different situation. Dawson- native Texan, Bum- native NE Ohio. Dawson 14 years with team, nearing end of career. Bum, in prime of career, would rather play with his pals. Doubt anyone burned an Ilgauskas jersey- there's your apples to apples comparison.
Well considering you're still calling Lebron a name years later...
I'm pretty sure he left to go win, and did.
Oh I know its "how he did it"... my b
Well considering you're still calling Lebron a name years later...
I'm pretty sure he left to go win, and did.
Oh I know its "his he did it"... my b
That's right- what Mike said. Only thing similar between LeBron and Dawson is they left to win. Everything else is a horse of a different color. I'm sure you just love it when the rare Michigan born HS stud heads south to play for Ohio State. Multiply that by a factor of 100, and you'll get the general idea of how people in Cleveland felt when the hometown boy took his talents to South Beach, and spit in our face on National TV.
It would be far easier to forget about the betrayal if James wasn't from Ohio- in fact it wouldn't even have been called that- just another Superstar moving on for a bigger payday. The Indians wrote a book on that type of scenario- there were two ex-Indians pitching against one another in a World Series not so long ago.
-
Well considering you're still calling Lebron a name years later...
I'm pretty sure he left to go win, and did.
Oh I know its "his he did it"... my b
yeah he left to win. if bo schembeckler would have 'left to win' and deserted the wolverines you'd be still pissing shit out your dick about that.
so let me ask you after all these years: you're a browns fan that lives in michigan? you like the browns but hate everything else about cleveland: the college teams obviously, the cavs and indians too?
do yourself a favor and lay off other fans that have pulled for these teams since they were kids. stick to browns only topics cuz you won't win many people over by dissin people that still have ill will towards the biggest traitor in cleveland sports history besides art modell.
everyone should have known the dude was not legit when he showed up to indians games wearin a yankees hat.
fuck that fool.
yeah he left to win. if bo schembeckler would have 'left to win' and deserted the wolverines you'd be still pissing shit out your dick about that.
so let me ask you after all these years: you're a browns fan that lives in michigan? you like the browns but hate everything else about cleveland: the college teams obviously, the cavs and indians too?
do yourself a favor and lay off other fans that have pulled for these teams since they were kids. stick to browns only topics cuz you won't win many people over by dissin people that still have ill will towards the biggest traitor in cleveland sports history besides art modell.
everyone should have known the dude was not legit when he showed up to indians games wearin a yankees hat.
fuck that fool.
I am from Strongsville, suburb of Clevland. Outside of school, I've lived their my whole life. I have been a fan of Cleveland sports since I was a kid. I worked an internship last summer at a company on St Claire. I'd like to try to have a career here if I can find a good enough opportunity. I definitely don't "hate" Cleveland...
I could care less about CSU sports, as I'm guessing most users on this board don't either. I don't think Case has any sports.
I am a fan of the Cavs, the NBA has just never been a main league for me to follow.
I hate baseball and could care less about the MLB.
I think it is ridiculous that people burned Lebron's jersey. I think it made Cleveland sports fans look like idiots. I think the fact people actually think he "betrayed" us is laughable. Just because Lebron was from the area doesn't mean he owed anything to this team or city. Our owner didn't put enough around him to get him to stay, that's the owners fault. The NBA is a business, he left to further his and to win. He had every right to leave. If he didn't then contracts would be life long.
-
yeah he left to win. if bo schembeckler would have 'left to win' and deserted the wolverines you'd be still pissing shit out your dick about that.
so let me ask you after all these years: you're a browns fan that lives in michigan? you like the browns but hate everything else about cleveland: the college teams obviously, the cavs and indians too?
do yourself a favor and lay off other fans that have pulled for these teams since they were kids. stick to browns only topics cuz you won't win many people over by dissin people that still have ill will towards the biggest traitor in cleveland sports history besides art modell.
everyone should have known the dude was not legit when he showed up to indians games wearin a yankees hat.
fuck that fool.
I am from Strongsville, suburb of Clevland. Outside of school, I've lived their my whole life. I have been a fan of Cleveland sports since I was a kid. I worked an internship last summer at a company on St Claire. I'd like to try to have a career here if I can find a good enough opportunity. I definitely don't "hate" Cleveland...
I could care less about CSU sports, as I'm guessing most users on this board don't either. I don't think Case has any sports.
I am a fan of the Cavs, the NBA has just never been a main league for me to follow.
I hate baseball and could care less about the MLB.
I think it is ridiculous that people burned Lebron's jersey. I think it made Cleveland sports fans look like idiots. I think the fact people actually think he "betrayed" us is laughable. Just because Lebron was from the area doesn't mean he owed anything to this team or city. Our owner didn't put enough around him to get him to stay, that's the owners fault. The NBA is a business, he left to further his and to win. He had every right to leave. If he didn't then contracts would be life long.
I think it is ridiculous that people burned Lebron's jersey. I think it made Cleveland sports fans look like idiots. I think the fact people actually think he "betrayed" us is laughable. Just because Lebron was from the area doesn't mean he owed anything to this team or city. Our owner didn't put enough around him to get him to stay, that's the owners fault. The NBA is a business, he left to further his and to win. He had every right to leave. If he didn't then contracts would be life long.
Absolutely had every right to leave, my issue with it was how it was done. It was completely classless and unnecessary. Being from the area, he should've known how the people in that city would react and should've handled it differently.
I was only a fan of the Cavs when Lebron was there because I wanted to see the city of Cleveland and its fans have a team win a title. Once he left and the Cavs stink, I dont even watch the NBA.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login