Skip to content

Dawson To 49Ers

The Browns Board
88 40 3.8k
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Stay in Michigan Woody. The toilet of the USA.🙄

    From the Cleveland area and I am working in Columbus right now... so...

    @mld-woody said:

    From the Cleveland area and I am working in Columbus right now... so...

    Columbus is Buckeye Territory. You will be converted.

  • @mld-woody said:

    From the Cleveland area and I am working in Columbus right now... so...

    Columbus is Buckeye Territory. You will be converted.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Columbus is Buckeye Territory. You will be converted.

    hahahahah

    You realize I go to school at Michigan while having grown up around OSU fans, right?

    I think I'll be ok

  • Yes Gipper...

    I'm just a damn, dishonorable kid from this damn generation.

    With their mobile phones, drug use and rock and roll

  • Remembering one bball team CSU had doesn't make you a fan of Cleveland college sports. Like I said, most people aren't and you don't need to be to be a "Cleveland fan"

    What else would you like to know about Cleveland area college sports? You asked specifically about CSU, and I gave you the top remembrance of that sport. I can also tell you that CSU had several NBA players. Franklin Edwards, first round draft pick, played at CSU when I was going to law school there. Darren Tillis, another first rounder played a couple of years later. Clinton Smith. The aforementioned Mouse McFadden. Norris Cole, current point guard for the Miami Heat is from CSU. And technically, so was Manute Bol. He transferred in, but never played here.

    Then we can turn to Akron U. When I was young I watched Bobby Smith play. He then played some for the Goodyear Wingfoots, which also gave us guys like Larry Brown and others.

    FYI, the Goodyear Wingfoots were a member of the NBL, forerunner of the NBA. They actually have had a continued existance as a semi-professional team since 1918...the oldest pro basketball team in the country.

    Then there were the likes of Billy Turner and Lenny Paul when I went to school there. Turner played 5 years in the NBA.

    Then there is football. Don Shula...heard of him? John Carroll grad.

    If you saw my trivia one of the questions was who holds the NFL record for most fumble returns for TD. That would be Jason Taylor. Akron graduate.

    Then I could recite the National Championships won by Baldwin-Wallace at the D-III level. And of course don't forget Mt. Union. One of the greatest football histories of any program at any level. Too bad the Browns couldn't pick up Pierre Garcon...Mt. Union grad.

    And how about this for a tie-in: The very first Rock n' Roll Concert ever held, and the very first Cleveland Cavaliers game were held in the very same place: The Cleveland Arena. Which, by the way, prior to that served as the home of the NBA Cleveland Rebels....and also the Cincinnati Royals played a number of home games there before moving on.

    Any more Cleveland sports stories? (hell, I didn't even talk about the Browns/Indians)

  • Yes Gipper...

    I'm just a damn, dishonorable kid from this damn generation.

    With their mobile phones, drug use and rock and roll

    @mld-woody said:

    Yes Gipper...

    I'm just a damn, dishonorable kid from this damn generation.

    With their mobile phones, drug use and rock and roll

    Its not your use of mobile phones and drugs and rock n roll that is at issue (hell, I probably did more drugs than you....and listened to a hell of a lot more rock n roll).

    It is your character, honesty, and trustworthiness that is at issue.

    Or maybe you are OK with all that its just that are willing to overlook those flaws in others.

    If so, then don't complain about getting screwed. And certainly don't complain about some rival team that may commit some rules violation. You are saying that you approve of that sort of thing, from what I hear.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Yes Gipper...

    I'm just a damn, dishonorable kid from this damn generation.

    With their mobile phones, drug use and rock and roll

    Its not your use of mobile phones and drugs and rock n roll that is at issue (hell, I probably did more drugs than you....and listened to a hell of a lot more rock n roll).

    It is your character, honesty, and trustworthiness that is at issue.

    Or maybe you are OK with all that its just that are willing to overlook those flaws in others.

    If so, then don't complain about getting screwed. And certainly don't complain about some rival team that may commit some rules violation. You are saying that you approve of that sort of thing, from what I hear.

    @the-gipper said:

    Its not your use of mobile phones and drugs and rock n roll that is at issue (hell, I probably did more drugs than you....and listened to a hell of a lot more rock n roll).

    It is your character, honesty, and trustworthiness that is at issue.

    Or maybe you are OK with all that its just that are willing to overlook those flaws in others.

    If so, then don't complain about getting screwed. And certainly don't complain about some rival team that may commit some rules violation. You are saying that you approve of that sort of thing, from what I hear.

    Oh my god I give up...

    Lebron broke the rules now? Some how leaving when his contract expired equates to breaking NCAA rules then lying to the NCAA?

    I don't even know anymore...

  • The hate for Lebron is just regurgitated disappointment.

    Disappointment we never win in Cleveland,disappointment the hometown guy doesn't even like the hometowns teams and doesn't even consider Cleveland his hometown.

    Disappointed that as good as a player he is he doesn't have the loyal,blue collar personality we wish he had.

    He always hated Cleveland,never wanted to play for Cleveland.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Its not your use of mobile phones and drugs and rock n roll that is at issue (hell, I probably did more drugs than you....and listened to a hell of a lot more rock n roll).

    It is your character, honesty, and trustworthiness that is at issue.

    Or maybe you are OK with all that its just that are willing to overlook those flaws in others.

    If so, then don't complain about getting screwed. And certainly don't complain about some rival team that may commit some rules violation. You are saying that you approve of that sort of thing, from what I hear.

    Oh my god I give up...

    Lebron broke the rules now? Some how leaving when his contract expired equates to breaking NCAA rules then lying to the NCAA?

    I don't even know anymore...

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh my god I give up...

    Lebron broke the rules now? Some how leaving when his contract expired equates to breaking NCAA rules then lying to the NCAA?

    I don't even know anymore...

    Are you sure you are a college kid, and not in reform school, what with your reading comprehension issues? I never said LeBron broke any rules...he just broke his oath.

    (read my post...in it I refer to "rival team". Any clue in that for you?)

    My point is that if you wish to overlook and tolerate that a man violates his solemn oath and promise, then you CANNOT be heard to complain if some rival school breaks some rules. You no further have any cause to complain about ANY wrongdoing.