Skip to content

Reportedly No More Crown-Of-Helmet Hits By Rbs

The Browns Board
10 8 692
  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
    #1
    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    The crown-of-the-helmet rule has also passed by a wide margin, I'm told.

    The crown-of-the-helmet rule has also passed by a wide margin, I'm told.

    I'm torn because we won't see anymore of this

    653183660.gif

    But I'm glad I'll see less of this.

    ibz4a939nAD6Dm.gif

    Hopefully, we'll see more of this.

    The helmets and padding definitely provide more for an attacker than they do for protection, and that's the problem.

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #2

    So when it turns into the National Flag Football League, will they still get $20,000,000 contracts?

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #3

    on the Jim Brown highlight, just look to 35 second mark and you'll see where he lowers his shoulder pads to regain his balance... God forbid there happens to be a defender there converging on the tackle... This rule is stupid.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Pretty soon they will outlaw contact altogether.🙄

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #5

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    The biggest problem for this is just the same as the ones regarding defenders and hits to the head. Refs are going to be highly pressured to call anything remotely close to this penalty. I can only imagine, just like helmet to helmet now, the times where the penalty really wasn't committed. It was close enough and the refs have no choice. I don't blame them but it's the damn gray area in these safety rules that's bringing the game down.

  • The biggest problem for this is just the same as the ones regarding defenders and hits to the head. Refs are going to be highly pressured to call anything remotely close to this penalty. I can only imagine, just like helmet to helmet now, the times where the penalty really wasn't committed. It was close enough and the refs have no choice. I don't blame them but it's the damn gray area in these safety rules that's bringing the game down.

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @jrb12711 said:

    The biggest problem for this is just the same as the ones regarding defenders and hits to the head. Refs are going to be highly pressured to call anything remotely close to this penalty. I can only imagine, just like helmet to helmet now, the times where the penalty really wasn't committed. It was close enough and the refs have no choice. I don't blame them but it's the damn gray area in these safety rules that's bringing the game down.

    Yeah, I agree, but what happens when the runninback lowers his shoulder and the defender jumps into the helmet to garner a penalty. It will happen, I can see it already happening.

  • gobrowniesG gobrownies wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Take the helmets off youll clean up the game real quick.

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #9

    T-Rich feels it's his fault and has heard it been labelled the "T-Rich" rule

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152387/article/trent-richardson-crownofhelmet-hit-rule-my-fault

  • @jrb12711 said:

    The biggest problem for this is just the same as the ones regarding defenders and hits to the head. Refs are going to be highly pressured to call anything remotely close to this penalty. I can only imagine, just like helmet to helmet now, the times where the penalty really wasn't committed. It was close enough and the refs have no choice. I don't blame them but it's the damn gray area in these safety rules that's bringing the game down.

    Yeah, I agree, but what happens when the runninback lowers his shoulder and the defender jumps into the helmet to garner a penalty. It will happen, I can see it already happening.

    J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @poeticg said:

    Yeah, I agree, but what happens when the runninback lowers his shoulder and the defender jumps into the helmet to garner a penalty. It will happen, I can see it already happening.

    Then the defender will get a pentalty for head to head contact since he initiated contact