Browns Sign Owens
-
It would be sweet to get Milliner to play across from Haden- but man, I really want a kickass Linebacker as well...
-
It would be sweet to get Milliner to play across from Haden- but man, I really want a kickass Linebacker as well...
It would be sweet to get Milliner to play across from Haden- but man, I really want a kickass Linebacker as well...
LB would be GREAT, but if Milliner is there, the Browns HAVE to take him. There will be no LB @6 that is as good at LB then Milliner is at CB
Milliner and Hayden would be the BEST cb duo in the league after next year
-
Who the fuck are these guys?
Seriously!
Our team is full of nickle, dime guys. Do we really need another?
With all the talent out there we bring in a 3rd string nickle back. LoL
-
I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.
But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.
-
I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.
But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.
I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.
But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.
Hunt Daddy,
You are NOT the only one. I agree with you. I would be elated to trade down, grab the 2nd or 3rd rated cb with size or Chance Warmack plus TE Tyler Eifert out of ND (IF they are there). I just think we can get more value out of that 6 pick than a CB, whether we keep it or trade it.
Mike
-
I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.
But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.
I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.
But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.
You will not get a second to trade down............ Maybe a 3rd. Having Milliner and Hayden is WAY better then Hayden and some overrated LB.
-
Having Milliner and Haden with no pass rush will have as much effect as Philly having Samuel and Asomugha with no pass rush.
Having two good corners does nothing if we ask them to cover for 5-7 seconds per play.
It's dumb logic, and most people who want it just want to be able to say "the Browns have the best cornerback duo in the entire league".
Personally, I'd rather say "The Browns are in the playoffs this year".
-
Haden is a top 3 corner and Millner is considered a shutdown corner out the gate.
-
why even talk this nonsense, milner won't be there.
this FO better ink grimes, and take the offer to trade down if it comes across the desk. j. jones sucked eggs at his pro day. that leaves mingo or jordan, neither are worthy of a #6 in my book. trade down get warmack and call it a day.
-
Haden is a top 3 corner and Millner is considered a shutdown corner out the gate.
Haden is a top 3 corner and Millner is considered a shutdown corner out the gate.
Again, ask Philly how having two good corners and no pass rush worked.
-
Haden is a top 3 corner and Millner is considered a shutdown corner out the gate.
Again, ask Philly how having two good corners and no pass rush worked.
Again, ask Philly how having two good corners and no pass rush worked.
Exactly. How can it be disputed that having a good secondary means nothing without pressure on the QB. When your QB has 8 seconds in the pocket, you WILL get open. I don't care if you have Haden, Milliner, Revis, and Sherman in coverage, you HAVE to get to the QB!!! When you improve your pass rush, you improve your secondary. Period.
-
This draft is FILLED with outstanding edge pass rushers, get one!!!!!
-
Again, ask Philly how having two good corners and no pass rush worked.
Exactly. How can it be disputed that having a good secondary means nothing without pressure on the QB. When your QB has 8 seconds in the pocket, you WILL get open. I don't care if you have Haden, Milliner, Revis, and Sherman in coverage, you HAVE to get to the QB!!! When you improve your pass rush, you improve your secondary. Period.
Exactly. How can it be disputed that having a good secondary means nothing without pressure on the QB. When your QB has 8 seconds in the pocket, you WILL get open. I don't care if you have Haden, Milliner, Revis, and Sherman in coverage, you HAVE to get to the QB!!! When you improve your pass rush, you improve your secondary. Period.
I agree, but didn't we address this already?
-
Yeah I mean with Sheard,Kruger and Groves you'd think we are set at OLB.. like it or not.
Jauron ran a vanilla D that didn't blitz much and Horton will have a D aimed to confuse and sending 1-2 guys 50% of the time so we should see more pressure by default.
I think Haden will have another year like his rookie year 5+ ints.
-
-
Yeah I mean with Sheard,Kruger and Groves you'd think we are set at OLB.. like it or not.
Jauron ran a vanilla D that didn't blitz much and Horton will have a D aimed to confuse and sending 1-2 guys 50% of the time so we should see more pressure by default.
I think Haden will have another year like his rookie year 5+ ints.
Yeah I mean with Sheard,Kruger and Groves you'd think we are set at OLB.. like it or not.
Jauron ran a vanilla D that didn't blitz much and Horton will have a D aimed to confuse and sending 1-2 guys 50% of the time so we should see more pressure by default.
I think Haden will have another year like his rookie year 5+ ints.
Well, it's my opinion but I disagree that we are set at LB. I think we are only set at DL. This Owens character is said to be a good back, so I would argue we are more set at DB right now than LB. With sheard and even Kruger still somewhat ?'s, I think you still have to improve there. I do agree that our scheme will change tremendously (hopefully) and that will help, but I still put LB at a bigger need
-
Exactly. How can it be disputed that having a good secondary means nothing without pressure on the QB. When your QB has 8 seconds in the pocket, you WILL get open. I don't care if you have Haden, Milliner, Revis, and Sherman in coverage, you HAVE to get to the QB!!! When you improve your pass rush, you improve your secondary. Period.
I agree, but didn't we address this already?
I agree, but didn't we address this already?
Still keeps coming up? Don't ask me
-
Yeah I mean with Sheard,Kruger and Groves you'd think we are set at OLB.. like it or not.
Jauron ran a vanilla D that didn't blitz much and Horton will have a D aimed to confuse and sending 1-2 guys 50% of the time so we should see more pressure by default.
I think Haden will have another year like his rookie year 5+ ints.
Well, it's my opinion but I disagree that we are set at LB. I think we are only set at DL. This Owens character is said to be a good back, so I would argue we are more set at DB right now than LB. With sheard and even Kruger still somewhat ?'s, I think you still have to improve there. I do agree that our scheme will change tremendously (hopefully) and that will help, but I still put LB at a bigger need
Well, it's my opinion but I disagree that we are set at LB. I think we are only set at DL. This Owens character is said to be a good back, so I would argue we are more set at DB right now than LB. With sheard and even Kruger still somewhat ?'s, I think you still have to improve there. I do agree that our scheme will change tremendously (hopefully) and that will help, but I still put LB at a bigger need
I agree Sheard and Kruger are still unproven at OLB but we just paid Kruger and Sheard as a 2nd rounder going into his third season, so if he's gonna be a backup..I'm not ready to chalk up that loss yet.
-
Yeah I mean with Sheard,Kruger and Groves you'd think we are set at OLB.. like it or not.
Jauron ran a vanilla D that didn't blitz much and Horton will have a D aimed to confuse and sending 1-2 guys 50% of the time so we should see more pressure by default.
I think Haden will have another year like his rookie year 5+ ints.
Yeah I mean with Sheard,Kruger and Groves you'd think we are set at OLB.. like it or not.
Jauron ran a vanilla D that didn't blitz much and Horton will have a D aimed to confuse and sending 1-2 guys 50% of the time so we should see more pressure by default.
I think Haden will have another year like his rookie year 5+ ints.
At best, Groves is a rotational player that will split time with Sheard and Kruger at OLB.
We're still lacking at the ILB spot opposite Jackson. I'm not ready to anoint JMJ the full time starter there, and I doubt the FO is either.
As of today, our starting LB's consist of: a guy who's never played OLB, a guy who's had barely a full season of starts and has been primarily a pass rush specialist, a second year player with barely any productivity and a guy who's had multiple pectoral injuries in consecutive seasons.
To me, I think that's a more glaring need than finding a second cornerback.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login