Skip to content

Browns Sign Owens

The Browns Board
31 20 2.1k
  • No not Terrelle. LOL!! But Chris Owens from the Atlanta Falcona. Good thing?? Bad thing? Didn't really follow the Falcons this year

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-land-cornerback-owens-175203872--nfl.html;_ylt=A2KJjbzArkxRpxIAVcJNbK5_

  • Interestingly he played college ball with Coye Francis. You guys remember him?

    Wow, he caught Percy Harvin from behind on this one!

  • Small tidbit on Owens....

    Chris Owens is a decent nickle corner, and a strong special teams guy. He never materialized into anything greater for us, and he had his chances. I will say this – this dude is blazing fast. He ran down a few guys over the years…

    I wonder if this means the Browns no longer have a shot at Grimes.Does this mean they lost interest?

  • Nickle and dime competition.

    Could be our new gunner.

    Zombo

  • Small tidbit on Owens....

    Chris Owens is a decent nickle corner, and a strong special teams guy. He never materialized into anything greater for us, and he had his chances. I will say this – this dude is blazing fast. He ran down a few guys over the years…

    I wonder if this means the Browns no longer have a shot at Grimes.Does this mean they lost interest?

    @spinpoint said:

    Small tidbit on Owens....

    Chris Owens is a decent nickle corner, and a strong special teams guy. He never materialized into anything greater for us, and he had his chances. I will say this – this dude is blazing fast. He ran down a few guys over the years…

    I wonder if this means the Browns no longer have a shot at Grimes.Does this mean they lost interest?

    Grimes is still in play. Owens is not a #2 option. This team still does not have anybody to play across Haden. I'd say Grimes and/or Milliner are both very much in play still as it is possibly the largest hole in our starting lineup.

    Owens is a guy who could push a player like Skrine off the team. He can play great on ST, obviously, and is mostly a nickel/dime guy who will get a chance to compete with Wade, Bademosi, and Skrine for the Nickel and Dime spots at CB.

  • It would be sweet to get Milliner to play across from Haden- but man, I really want a kickass Linebacker as well...

  • It would be sweet to get Milliner to play across from Haden- but man, I really want a kickass Linebacker as well...

    @poeticg said:

    It would be sweet to get Milliner to play across from Haden- but man, I really want a kickass Linebacker as well...

    Idk how good he is but Cowboys OLB Victor Butler visiting sunday

  • It would be sweet to get Milliner to play across from Haden- but man, I really want a kickass Linebacker as well...

    @poeticg said:

    It would be sweet to get Milliner to play across from Haden- but man, I really want a kickass Linebacker as well...

    LB would be GREAT, but if Milliner is there, the Browns HAVE to take him. There will be no LB @6 that is as good at LB then Milliner is at CB

    Milliner and Hayden would be the BEST cb duo in the league after next year

  • Who the fuck are these guys?

    Seriously!

    Our team is full of nickle, dime guys. Do we really need another?

    With all the talent out there we bring in a 3rd string nickle back. LoL

  • I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.

    But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.

  • I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.

    But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.

    But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.

    Hunt Daddy,

    You are NOT the only one. I agree with you. I would be elated to trade down, grab the 2nd or 3rd rated cb with size or Chance Warmack plus TE Tyler Eifert out of ND (IF they are there). I just think we can get more value out of that 6 pick than a CB, whether we keep it or trade it.

    Mike

  • I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.

    But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I think I'm the only person that doesn't want Milliner. He's good, but we don't need to waste two top 10 picks on number one corners. Just get a second tier guy after trading down in the first and be fine with it. Haden and one of the second tier guys will be fine enough plus we'd probably get a second by trading down.

    But if we get Grimes, then yessssssssssssssssssssss.

    You will not get a second to trade down............ Maybe a 3rd. Having Milliner and Hayden is WAY better then Hayden and some overrated LB.

  • Having Milliner and Haden with no pass rush will have as much effect as Philly having Samuel and Asomugha with no pass rush.

    Having two good corners does nothing if we ask them to cover for 5-7 seconds per play.

    It's dumb logic, and most people who want it just want to be able to say "the Browns have the best cornerback duo in the entire league".

    Personally, I'd rather say "The Browns are in the playoffs this year".

  • Haden is a top 3 corner and Millner is considered a shutdown corner out the gate.

  • why even talk this nonsense, milner won't be there.

    this FO better ink grimes, and take the offer to trade down if it comes across the desk. j. jones sucked eggs at his pro day. that leaves mingo or jordan, neither are worthy of a #6 in my book. trade down get warmack and call it a day.

  • Maybe he will be our new kickoff guy? I wouldn't mind with speed like that.

  • Haden is a top 3 corner and Millner is considered a shutdown corner out the gate.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Haden is a top 3 corner and Millner is considered a shutdown corner out the gate.

    Again, ask Philly how having two good corners and no pass rush worked.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Haden is a top 3 corner and Millner is considered a shutdown corner out the gate.

    Again, ask Philly how having two good corners and no pass rush worked.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Again, ask Philly how having two good corners and no pass rush worked.

    Exactly. How can it be disputed that having a good secondary means nothing without pressure on the QB. When your QB has 8 seconds in the pocket, you WILL get open. I don't care if you have Haden, Milliner, Revis, and Sherman in coverage, you HAVE to get to the QB!!! When you improve your pass rush, you improve your secondary. Period.

  • This draft is FILLED with outstanding edge pass rushers, get one!!!!!

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Again, ask Philly how having two good corners and no pass rush worked.

    Exactly. How can it be disputed that having a good secondary means nothing without pressure on the QB. When your QB has 8 seconds in the pocket, you WILL get open. I don't care if you have Haden, Milliner, Revis, and Sherman in coverage, you HAVE to get to the QB!!! When you improve your pass rush, you improve your secondary. Period.

    @comeonman said:

    Exactly. How can it be disputed that having a good secondary means nothing without pressure on the QB. When your QB has 8 seconds in the pocket, you WILL get open. I don't care if you have Haden, Milliner, Revis, and Sherman in coverage, you HAVE to get to the QB!!! When you improve your pass rush, you improve your secondary. Period.

    I agree, but didn't we address this already?