Skip to content

Dolphins Unveil New Logo; Uniforms

The Browns Board
91 27 8.6k
  • Gay.

    Z

    B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Zombo said:

    Gay.

    Z

    I was going to post the same thing, but I knew you would so I left that open for you. You're welcome

  • @hoorta said:

    ^+1

    ^+1

    HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @slimdawg said:

    ^+1

    ^+1

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    That's funny. I have said since I was about 10 years old that the Dolphins have the worst color scheme & logo in the NFL. Well, this "improvement" is worse IMHO.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #9

    2-444.jpg

    1966-96: Studly Dolphin wearing a helmet ... three super bowls and playoffs practically every year.

    1997-2012: Cartoon Dolphin wearing helmet trying to look all bad ass ... bad team.

    2013: Artistic Dolphin without eyes or any football reference splashing about like he's in a tampon commercial ... may never win again.

    Zombo

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #10

    It's not any less gay than their previous logo. Zombo, seriously now, if caring about apperances is gay, you must be one fat, schlubby, mother f'r, since apperances are gay to you.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #11

    It looks boring,to say the least

  • It's not any less gay than their previous logo. Zombo, seriously now, if caring about apperances is gay, you must be one fat, schlubby, mother f'r, since apperances are gay to you.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    It's not any less gay than their previous logo. Zombo, seriously now, if caring about apperances is gay, you must be one fat, schlubby, mother f'r, since apperances are gay to you.

    Appearances are important to me. I don't like for my football team to appear gay. That logo is flipping gay.

    Zombo

  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I'm pissed the dolphin isn't wearing a helmet anymore. That was the best part.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    It's not any less gay than their previous logo. Zombo, seriously now, if caring about apperances is gay, you must be one fat, schlubby, mother f'r, since apperances are gay to you.

    Appearances are important to me. I don't like for my football team to appear gay. That logo is flipping gay.

    Zombo

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #14

    Zombo said:

    Appearances are important to me. I don't like for my football team to appear gay. That logo is flipping gay.

    Zombo

    Bro...your avatar is the brownie elf. Easily one of the three gayest looking football logos of all time...right up there with the old buccaneer.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    No matter the gender appearance I think that new logo just looks bad. It's 21st century but I really just don't think the dolphin looks good on there. I do hope the Browns do a minor update like this soon.

  • Zombo said:

    Appearances are important to me. I don't like for my football team to appear gay. That logo is flipping gay.

    Zombo

    Bro...your avatar is the brownie elf. Easily one of the three gayest looking football logos of all time...right up there with the old buccaneer.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Bro...your avatar is the brownie elf. Easily one of the three gayest looking football logos of all time...right up there with the old buccaneer.

    Tried to think of a defensive comeback, but came up short

  • Zombo said:

    Appearances are important to me. I don't like for my football team to appear gay. That logo is flipping gay.

    Zombo

    Bro...your avatar is the brownie elf. Easily one of the three gayest looking football logos of all time...right up there with the old buccaneer.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Bro...your avatar is the brownie elf. Easily one of the three gayest looking football logos of all time...right up there with the old buccaneer.

    Wow.

    Who's your favorite football team?

    The Brownie Elf is a holdover from the 50's, Jim Brown had it on his uniform. The elf is holding a football. Football. Not swimming through the seas like a gay dolphin in a tampon commercial.

    It's OK for your logo not to be "tough": the Brownie elf, the Cubs, the Orioles ... none of the bird logos are particularily scary, just because you put a mean face on a bird, it's still a bird. But it's OK, because its symbolic.

    THIS ... is gay: dolphinslogo2.jpg

    I seriously would expect to see that on a box of tampons.

    This was not designed by a heterosexual or a football fan.

    It screams "vagina".

    Recap:

    Old School Elf holding football: Cool.

    Vagina-inspired sea mammal flowing around the sun: Gay.

    Zombo

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Dude. Google "worst football logos" guess what will be the very first result. Go on, guess.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Bro...your avatar is the brownie elf. Easily one of the three gayest looking football logos of all time...right up there with the old buccaneer.

    Wow.

    Who's your favorite football team?

    The Brownie Elf is a holdover from the 50's, Jim Brown had it on his uniform. The elf is holding a football. Football. Not swimming through the seas like a gay dolphin in a tampon commercial.

    It's OK for your logo not to be "tough": the Brownie elf, the Cubs, the Orioles ... none of the bird logos are particularily scary, just because you put a mean face on a bird, it's still a bird. But it's OK, because its symbolic.

    THIS ... is gay: dolphinslogo2.jpg

    I seriously would expect to see that on a box of tampons.

    This was not designed by a heterosexual or a football fan.

    It screams "vagina".

    Recap:

    Old School Elf holding football: Cool.

    Vagina-inspired sea mammal flowing around the sun: Gay.

    Zombo

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Zombo said:

    Wow.

    Who's your favorite football team?

    The Brownie Elf is a holdover from the 50's, Jim Brown had it on his uniform. The elf is holding a football. Football. Not swimming through the seas like a gay dolphin in a tampon commercial.

    It's OK for your logo not to be "tough": the Brownie elf, the Cubs, the Orioles ... none of the bird logos are particularily scary, just because you put a mean face on a bird, it's still a bird. But it's OK, because its symbolic.

    THIS ... is gay: dolphinslogo2.jpg

    I seriously would expect to see that on a box of tampons.

    This was not designed by a heterosexual or a football fan.

    It screams "vagina".

    Recap:

    Old School Elf holding football: Cool.

    Vagina-inspired sea mammal flowing around the sun: Gay.

    Zombo

    Logo designs are becoming more minimalist. The Dolphins were on the right track, but didnt quite nail it.

    The Brownie elf can look cool, it has potential. But it's a holdover from a different era of design and it just doesn't hold up well today.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I respect your love of the browns z, but go ahead and put the elf in black and purple what do you think of it then?

  • Dude. Google "worst football logos" guess what will be the very first result. Go on, guess.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Dude. Google "worst football logos" guess what will be the very first result. Go on, guess.

    I didn't say the logo was "bad", I said it was "gay".

    Google gayest football logos. Then Google it again next week and you'll see the tampon box dolphin.

    Zombo

  • I respect your love of the browns z, but go ahead and put the elf in black and purple what do you think of it then?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I respect your love of the browns z, but go ahead and put the elf in black and purple what do you think of it then?

    I'd think someone messed with a football icon.

    And if I was a Dolphin fan I'd be pissed they took away the Dolphin's helmet and made him a Kotex salesman.

    Zombo

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Their old logo was both gay and absurd then. Why the fuck would a dolphin have a helmet?

  • Their old logo was both gay and absurd then. Why the fuck would a dolphin have a helmet?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Their old logo was both gay and absurd then. Why the fuck would a dolphin have a helmet?

    For the same reason an elf has a football, a man has a head that is a baseball (Reds), a dinosaur is dribbling a basketball (Raptors), and a Penguin is skating and holding a hockey stick ... because they are just fun symbols for incorporating the team name and the sport.

    It's fun.

    I used to drive to Cleveland as a kid and I'd see a 50 ft. tall red-faced Chief Wahoo swinging a bat. I knew Indians didn't really have bright red skin. I knew no one was throwing him a ball. I didn't question why he was swinging a bat because I was going to a fucking baseball game.

    This Dolphin is not fun ... it's humorless, does not render the sport or the spirit of the team and it belongs on a box for Summer's Eve.

    Zombo

  • Their old logo was both gay and absurd then. Why the fuck would a dolphin have a helmet?

    htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Their old logo was both gay and absurd then. Why the fuck would a dolphin have a helmet?

    ABSURD....ABSURD...How bout thinking your 'favorite' team has the gayest logo. Don't try and get logical with that type of shit falling out of your jaws.