Skip to content

Hold Up On That Super Bowl Ring For Colt

The Browns Board
11 5 665
  • Really surprised at the high probability (95% per above historical data) that the Niners won't get the ring in 2014.

    Current Vegas odds are 7-1 of Niners winning Super Bowl. Definite value in placing a proposition bet in Vegas against the Niners

    but you would have to put up $1000 or so dollars just to win $100. js

  • If you notice, the last Super Bowl loser to go on to win a Super Bowl at any later point in time is the 2000 Giants. But they waited 7 years to do that, and it was with a complete new team. New coach, new QB, probably new everything. If there were more than 1 or 2 players from that 2000 SB loser that was still on the Giants in 2007 I would be surprised. The only guys I can think of are Michael Strahan and Amani Toomer.

  • Really surprised at the high probability (95% per above historical data) that the Niners won't get the ring in 2014.

    Current Vegas odds are 7-1 of Niners winning Super Bowl. Definite value in placing a proposition bet in Vegas against the Niners

    but you would have to put up $1000 or so dollars just to win $100. js

    @slowburn said:

    Really surprised at the high probability (95% per above historical data) that the Niners won't get the ring in 2014.

    Actually slightly less than that. Of 47 Super Bowl losers, only 2, or 4.25% went on to win the Super Bowl the following year after losing it.

    Edit: let me correct that. That 47 includes the 49ers whose fate is not known yet. It is 2 of 46 who went on to win the following year, or 4.34%

  • If you notice, the last Super Bowl loser to go on to win a Super Bowl at any later point in time is the 2000 Giants. But they waited 7 years to do that, and it was with a complete new team. New coach, new QB, probably new everything. If there were more than 1 or 2 players from that 2000 SB loser that was still on the Giants in 2007 I would be surprised. The only guys I can think of are Michael Strahan and Amani Toomer.

    @the-gipper said:

    If you notice, the last Super Bowl loser to go on to win a Super Bowl at any later point in time is the 2000 Giants. But they waited 7 years to do that, and it was with a complete new team. New coach, new QB, probably new everything. If there were more than 1 or 2 players from that 2000 SB loser that was still on the Giants in 2007 I would be surprised. The only guys I can think of are Michael Strahan and Amani Toomer.

    Let's not forget Giants benefited from the luckiest play in Super Bowl history. The famous Manning to Tyree "Helmet Catch".

  • electoral_precedent.png
  • Really surprised at the high probability (95% per above historical data) that the Niners won't get the ring in 2014.

    Current Vegas odds are 7-1 of Niners winning Super Bowl. Definite value in placing a proposition bet in Vegas against the Niners

    but you would have to put up $1000 or so dollars just to win $100. js

    @slowburn said:

    Really surprised at the high probability (95% per above historical data) that the Niners won't get the ring in 2014.

    That's not how probability works.

  • @slowburn said:

    Really surprised at the high probability (95% per above historical data) that the Niners won't get the ring in 2014.

    That's not how probability works.

    @vaportrail said:

    That's not how probability works.

    I don't think it is probabability, it is just history.

    Despite the history, I think the 49ers could likely be the betting favorite to win next year's Super Bowl.

  • Www.growingupcolt.com ???

  • Www.growingupcolt.com ???

    @wrrebel said:

    Www.growingupcolt.com ???

    vs. your:

    www.growingupgay.com???

  • @vaportrail said:

    That's not how probability works.

    I don't think it is probabability, it is just history.

    Despite the history, I think the 49ers could likely be the betting favorite to win next year's Super Bowl.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think it is probabability, it is just history.

    Despite the history, I think the 49ers could likely be the betting favorite to win next year's Super Bowl.

    FWIW, here's one touts opinion.