Skip to content

Browns Meeting With Nassib

The Browns Board
8 6 920
  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/02/nassib-starts-making-the-rounds/

    Nassib starts making the rounds

    Posted by Mike Florio on April 2, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT

    The Bills aren’t the only team that will be taking a closer look at former Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib.

    Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Nassib has a trio of workouts lined up for this week.

    It gets started on Thursday, when the Browns watch what Nassib can go. Coach Rob Chudzinski is expected to attend the session, along with offensive coordinator Norv Turner and others.

    The next day, Nassib will work out for a Jaguars contingent that includes G.M. Dave Caldwell, coach Gus Bradley, and offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch.

    When Nassib works out for the Bills on Sunday, coach Doug Marrone possibly won’t attend. (Since Marrone was Nassib’s coach at Syracuse, Marrone already knows everything there is to know about Nassib.) Instead, the workout will be scrutinized by G.M. Buddy Nix, assistant G.M. Doug Whaley, and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett.

    Some view Nassib as a second-round prospect. There’s a chance he gets into round one, if there’s a run on quarterbacks after pick 20 — and if the Bills feel compelled to trade up to ensure that they’ll get him.

  • Looks like we may be looking at a mid to late round qb. I'm not opposed to drafting one late.

  • Looks like we may be looking at a mid to late round qb. I'm not opposed to drafting one late.

    @usfbrown said:

    Looks like we may be looking at a mid to late round qb. I'm not opposed to drafting one late.

    I don't think he makes it to the "late" rounds. I'd bet the Bills snatch him up in the 2nd maybe the 3rd. If he makes it past that, I wouldn't mind picking him up.

  • @usfbrown said:

    Looks like we may be looking at a mid to late round qb. I'm not opposed to drafting one late.

    I don't think he makes it to the "late" rounds. I'd bet the Bills snatch him up in the 2nd maybe the 3rd. If he makes it past that, I wouldn't mind picking him up.

    @mark-o said:

    I don't think he makes it to the "late" rounds. I'd bet the Bills snatch him up in the 2nd maybe the 3rd. If he makes it past that, I wouldn't mind picking him up.

    Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if his old coach took him.

  • Nope

  • @usfbrown said:

    Looks like we may be looking at a mid to late round qb. I'm not opposed to drafting one late.

    I don't think he makes it to the "late" rounds. I'd bet the Bills snatch him up in the 2nd maybe the 3rd. If he makes it past that, I wouldn't mind picking him up.

    @mark-o said:

    I don't think he makes it to the "late" rounds. I'd bet the Bills snatch him up in the 2nd maybe the 3rd. If he makes it past that, I wouldn't mind picking him up.

    If he makes it past the bills in the second or third, you have to wonder why. If they think he's a franchise QB then they'll surely take him to sit under Kolb and learn. If they don't, we should probably stay clear as well. We don't need more project-to-backup guys.

  • What's with his name, is he some sort of A-RAB?

    Zombo

  • What's with his name, is he some sort of A-RAB?

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    What's with his name, is he some sort of A-RAB?

    Zombo

    LOL. We don't want no A-RAB's or Queers on this team....

    Seriously though if he is it would have to be prior to his father who attended U. of Delaware and played football as well.