Skip to content

Round Two Official Mock Draft

The Browns Board
103 26 3.5k
  • Sorry it's so late, I haven't been able to get on the forum for whatever reason the past day, give me a few minutes.

  • Bucs take Marcus Hunt DT/DE SMU.

    Athletic freak who compared well as a JJ Watt clone. I think he could play DE in both a 4-3 or 3-4 and is a steal at this point in the draft.

  • The Panthers need to go D in the second round and strengthen that D-line.

    The Carolina Panthers select Defensive Tackle Jesse Williams, Alabama

    HB

  • KentLife has until 11:00 AM to make his pick. It is now about 9:45.

    This has been going a lot slower than I anticipated....this started on April 1st and it is now April 15th (yes, I got my taxes done yesterday, lovely way to spend a beautiful Sunday)

    and we are only through 7 picks of the second round, and the draft starts in 10 days.

    After KentLife's pick....which, if he misses I will make, I am going to impose a 12 hour rule.

    If whoever is on the clock doesn't get their pick in in 12 hours I will make it for them...or one of you can jump in if I am late...as long as it is not close to your own pick.

    @the-gipper said:

    KentLife has until 11:00 AM to make his pick. It is now about 9:45.

    This has been going a lot slower than I anticipated....this started on April 1st and it is now April 15th (yes, I got my taxes done yesterday, lovely way to spend a beautiful Sunday)

    and we are only through 7 picks of the second round, and the draft starts in 10 days.

    After KentLife's pick....which, if he misses I will make, I am going to impose a 12 hour rule.

    If whoever is on the clock doesn't get their pick in in 12 hours I will make it for them...or one of you can jump in if I am late...as long as it is not close to your own pick.

    Some people might be having trouble getting on the site. I've been trying all week basically and finally was able to get in a little while ago.

  • Yea, guys, the Board was down about all of yesterday...so everything gets pushed back a bit. Thanks for your entries.

    Utzie is on the clock for the San Diego Chargers

  • Per CBSports.com Top Ten still available (with their overall rank per that service):

    25. Matt Barkley QB USC

    26. Menelik Watson OT Florida

    34. Kevin Minter LB LSU

    38. DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

    39. Arthur Brown LB Kansas St.

    42. Terron Armstead OT Ark. Pine Bluff

    44. Quinton Patton WR La. Tech

    45. Jonathan Cyprien SS Fla. International

    47. Sam Montgomery DE LSU

    50. Jonathan Banks CB Miss. St.

  • The Chargers need offensive tackle help, so ill take the best available.

    OT Menelik Watson, FSU

  • Cysko Kid is on the clock for the Rams.

  • Per CBSports.com Top Ten still available (with their overall rank per that service):

    25. Matt Barkley QB USC

    26. Menelik Watson OT Florida

    34. Kevin Minter LB LSU

    38. DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

    39. Arthur Brown LB Kansas St.

    42. Terron Armstead OT Ark. Pine Bluff

    44. Quinton Patton WR La. Tech

    45. Jonathan Cyprien SS Fla. International

    47. Sam Montgomery DE LSU

    50. Jonathan Banks CB Miss. St.

    @the-gipper said:

    Per CBSports.com Top Ten still available (with their overall rank per that service):

    25. Matt Barkley QB USC

    26. Menelik Watson OT Florida

    34. Kevin Minter LB LSU

    38. DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

    39. Arthur Brown LB Kansas St.

    42. Terron Armstead OT Ark. Pine Bluff

    44. Quinton Patton WR La. Tech

    45. Jonathan Cyprien SS Fla. International

    47. Sam Montgomery DE LSU

    50. Jonathan Banks CB Miss. St.

  • As beastly as Terron Armstead is supposed to be, considering the Rams need O line help, and considering the Kid has yet to make a pick, I would ask the commish to go with him

  • And I didn't mean the kid hasn't made a pick in the second, but in the entire draft

  • As beastly as Terron Armstead is supposed to be, considering the Rams need O line help, and considering the Kid has yet to make a pick, I would ask the commish to go with him

    @comeonman said:

    As beastly as Terron Armstead is supposed to be, considering the Rams need O line help, and considering the Kid has yet to make a pick, I would ask the commish to go with him

    The Cysko Kid has another couple of hours to make his pick. If he doesn't show up by 11 pm, then we will let your choice stand.

  • well, the Cowboys have made their pick...

    are they on the clock yet?

  • Armstead, Terron. OT

  • I'll be on top of it from here on out, guys, sorry. Thanks to calfox for getting the message to me over on the political forum.

  • Well, the Cowboys need safety help. They are okay for now, with starters, and if not for their defensive interior line getting into their 30's,

    they could go with Jonathan Cyprien SS Fla. International. However, they don't have to have a starter at safety.

    They do at defensive tackle. So, they draft a big guy who will be even more quick and more a pass rush threat at 330 lbs.

    He got serious about his fitness, and the Cowboys can rotate him in on their defensive interior from day one to keep

    their 30 somethings dt's fresher.There isn't anybody later who is as good a pick for the Cowboys, and there has been a nice run on DT's already.

    I got up early, have farm work to do....@@

    So::

    *****************************************************

    John Jenkins DT
    8th rated
    Georgia Sr 6-4 346
    2-3 round grade
    ANALYSIS
    STRENGTHS: Built like a Coke machine and is just as difficult to move. Has a wide frame with thick, strong limbs. Good strength and use of leverage (generally) to hold up to double-teams and create a pile. Surprisingly quick off the snap and can split gaps to destroy plays before they've even begun.
    Good lateral agility, balance to slide laterally in pursuit of the ballcarrier to string out the play while fighting off blockers. Keeps his hands active, showing good effort, strength and technique to battle his ways towards the quarterback.
    Good bull rusher. Can simply drive opponents backward. Locates the ball well and shows good effort to the flanks. Slips off of blocks to grab on and drag down ballcarriers attempting to slip past him. Very good strength for the drag-down tackle.
    Versatile. Has lined up virtually all over the Georgia defensive line. Appears to possess long enough arms to potentially play the five-technique role, as well as at nose guard or defensive tackle.
    WEAKNESSES: Provides little in terms of an interior pass rush. Is simply too wide to not get slowed down while squeezing through tight gaps in the interior line and has only phone booth quickness.
    Wears down quickly and will need to be substituted often to be fully effective in the NFL. Allows his pad level to rise as he tires, which negates his strength.
    COMPARES TO: B.J. Raji, NG, Green Bay Packers -- Like the former Boston College standout, Jenkins' mass and strength are the most obvious of his impressive physical characteristics, but surprisingly light feet and willingness to fight through blocks to provide some interior pass rush are attributes which could lead to a steady ascent as the draft approaches.
    --Rob Rang
  • NJRP is on the clock for the Pittsburgh Steelers

  • and the steelers draft a fullback:

    sumo_jackie.jpg

  • and the steelers draft... Kordell "Slash" Stewart - QB from Colorado...

  • and the steelers draft a fullback:

    sumo_jackie.jpg

    @calfoxwc said:

    and the steelers draft a fullback:

    sumo_jackie.jpg

    You think you are kidding. Hell, she might be able to play 😉