Skip to content

Browns Looking At At Trade With The Dolphins

The Browns Board
58 26 3.3k
  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #6

    One of the late 5th rounder is the highest I would pay. Honestly don't see the point since the fins will likely just cut him.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #7

    The Browns will not offer more than a 4th or 5th for him. I do no think there is a wr in the 4th or 5th that could help the browns. I also think there is more going down then this, Miami if they do not get Albert in a trade from KC, then they will be wanting who ever is left our of the Tackle, and thats when we can do the trade down. Not saying it will happen or if Bess is a good deal, just saying that like all rumors, it is out there. Also Zombo, I completely forgot about Nelson, when healthy he will be a Joe J. type reciever.

  • One of the late 5th rounder is the highest I would pay. Honestly don't see the point since the fins will likely just cut him.

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @harry-buffalo said:

    One of the late 5th rounder is the highest I would pay. Honestly don't see the point since the fins will likely just cut him.

    They most likely will cut him, but he would then go to a team that he views as a contender.

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Maybe the fins throw their first, second and Bess in a deal.

    I honestly wouldnt mind giving up a fourth if they can sign him for a few years. He is a solid wideout that would be a good safety valve, but like someone said they will just cut him and he'll go to the Pats.

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Bess would be a GREAT acquisition.. He catches anything thrown his way

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #11

    So does Norwood.

    10 yards per catch? c'mon.

    Zombo

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I would say no to this trade, besides Bess only has one year left on his deal. Now if Bess was part of compensation in a trade Bess plus some pick(s) then OK. Otherwise, no.

  • I like Bess, guy has good hands but the fins are just looking to drop 2.8 mill off their salary after overpaying for Wallace.

    Bag of footballs and a stick of Big Red for him (and they should thank the Browns for paying him) anything else would be over paying.

    Fin fans on that site are say Bess and the Dolphins #1 for the Browns #1.... Is weed legal in Flordia now too? Someone call Ricky Williams and let him know...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @hx214 said:

    I like Bess, guy has good hands but the fins are just looking to drop 2.8 mill off their salary after overpaying for Wallace.

    Bag of footballs and a stick of Big Red for him (and they should thank the Browns for paying him) anything else would be over paying.

    Fin fans on that site are say Bess and the Dolphins #1 for the Browns #1.... Is weed legal in Flordia now too? Someone call Ricky Williams and let him know...

    Correct, we're not trading down to take a slot receiver- and Bess would have to restructure, could have kept Cribbs if that was all we were looking for. The only way I see the Browns trading down is to pick up the missing second rounder.

  • @hx214 said:

    I like Bess, guy has good hands but the fins are just looking to drop 2.8 mill off their salary after overpaying for Wallace.

    Bag of footballs and a stick of Big Red for him (and they should thank the Browns for paying him) anything else would be over paying.

    Fin fans on that site are say Bess and the Dolphins #1 for the Browns #1.... Is weed legal in Flordia now too? Someone call Ricky Williams and let him know...

    Correct, we're not trading down to take a slot receiver- and Bess would have to restructure, could have kept Cribbs if that was all we were looking for. The only way I see the Browns trading down is to pick up the missing second rounder.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @hoorta said:

    Correct, we're not trading down to take a slot receiver- and Bess would have to restructure, could have kept Cribbs if that was all we were looking for. The only way I see the Browns trading down is to pick up the missing second rounder.

    If we pick up another seasoned possession WR *as well* as the second rounder, then sure, great. But I can't see us trading down and not getting the second.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #15

    This "rumor" is utterly stupid.

    Shaun Lauvao for Aaron Rodgers - straight up! It's an offer, and we can be sure the packers are Seriously Considering it!

    Zero proof for any of this hogswallop -- Bess is way overpaid.

  • This "rumor" is utterly stupid.

    Shaun Lauvao for Aaron Rodgers - straight up! It's an offer, and we can be sure the packers are Seriously Considering it!

    Zero proof for any of this hogswallop -- Bess is way overpaid.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @unsympathetic said:

    This "rumor" is utterly stupid.

    Shaun Lauvao for Aaron Rodgers - straight up! It's an offer, and we can be sure the packers are Seriously Considering it!

    Zero proof for any of this hogswallop -- Bess is way overpaid.

    I thought it was codswallop. I guess it depends on if you are in a coastal/fishing community or an inland farming community.

    C+-+Chip+Shop.JPG

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #17

    Browns completed trade for Davone Bess, per Adam Schefter.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by cambridgeho
    #18

    Browns get Bess, compensation not know yet!

    b4de7d6a-fa9b-4d61-9ffa-727859047817.png

    twitter.pngAdam Schefter

    Miami has traded WR Davone Bess to Browns.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Are you fucking kidding me you have to make another thread on this

  • S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Hopefully we didn't give up our 3rd rounder. I would be happy with a 5th or later. We need our 3rd and 4th.

  • J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Also heard on espn 850 we gave him a 3 year extension.

  • Are you fucking kidding me you have to make another thread on this

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @cambridgeho said:

    Are you fucking kidding me you have to make another thread on this

    ?

  • Also heard on espn 850 we gave him a 3 year extension.

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @jasont44094 said:

    Also heard on espn 850 we gave him a 3 year extension.

    If its a 5th then it is a steal. We also have Nelson and Norwood and Benjamin, I think Cooper will be let go for sure now. . These little trades for Bess and Dion Lewis are very good additions for us

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Are you fucking kidding me you have to make another thread on this

    ?

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    ?

    Sorry for the out burst man, I just hate when some ppl on here make the same thread over and over. No disrespect.

  • S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Hearing that we gave up our 4th round pick for what I'm guessing will be our #4 or #5 WR. Little, Gordon, Benjamin followed by Bess and David Nelson from Buffalo.