Skip to content

Interesting Information About Geno Smith

The Browns Board
36 17 1.6k
  • Seems like the last two days I've been hearing more and more about the Browns drafting Geno Smith. I think drafting Smith would be a huge mistake and a bad way to start off the new regime.

    Click on the link below for an ESPN Numbers Never Lie clip about Geno Smith.

    Keep Weeden, he fits the scheme better for a vertical offense.

    If Weeden doesn't work out and back office wants a new QB then go after a QB in the 2014 draft. Aaron Murray from Georgia and AJ McCarron are should be in that draft. I'm a believer that a QB should get at least 2 years to show if they have the stuff or not. This season is #1 for Weeden since he is coming into a new offense.

  • If the Browns draft Smith it would be purely to bolster the ego of Mike Lombardi and/or Joe Banner.

    It would simply be there method of declaring that they are in charge (and the actual good of the team be damned)

  • If they draft Geno, my family better run out of the house.

  • I'm going to be at work when the draft comes on, I'll being cussing up a storm if we take Geno Smith. Picking Smith will instantly cause me to lose all confidence in the Browns leadership.

  • There's definately alot of draft buzz about Cleveland selecting Geno Smith today. I'm not sure why, as Manuel sounds like he would be more of a prototype for Chud's offenses. Personally, I think it's alot of misdirection...trying to get someone to want to trade up to get Smith. In a few hours it will all be in the history books. I'm hoping someone takes Jarvis Jones before the Steelers pick.

  • Like I said elsewhere, I'll be asleep when the draft happens (first pick is 1am UK time, have work in the morning). Waking up the next day it'll be like Christmas. Will I get a go kart or a lump of Geno Smith shaped coal? Will we actually address any needs or draft for ego?

  • Dear God have mercy on me if the Browns pick Geno Smith...

    What a dumb ass thing to even mention, what a crock of complete shit this FO would prove to be. Even on a trade down they better not have any intention of taking this BUST QB anywhere in the draft. I would rather watch Weeden until he's 44 years old than suffer through even a single season of Geno Smith at the helm of our beloved Browns.

    I even just saw a B/R mock draft that has the Browns trading down with SD and taking Geno Smith one pick before the 49ers trade up and take Kenny Vaccaro, if they do this I would resend my fandom and burn everything orange and brown in a 10 mile radius. 😡

  • This happens every draft, don't believe it

  • I'm hoping we draft Smith just so we can weed out some of these fake fans.

    If drafting a player causes you to rescind your fandom, you were never a fan to begin with.

  • Yep fucking up your team for years to come to weed out some fake fans seems to me like a statement from a fake fan. Huh, go figure. 😆

  • I understand that there is a lot of blowing smoke and trying to influence picks through fake interest. I just don't like even the rumor of this happening.

  • I would only say that if, indeed, they do draft Geno Smith, then I would fully expect him to take the Browns to the Super Bowl.

  • Yep fucking up your team for years to come to weed out some fake fans seems to me like a statement from a fake fan. Huh, go figure. 😆

    @poeticg said:

    Yep fucking up your team for years to come to weed out some fake fans seems to me like a statement from a fake fan. Huh, go figure. 😆

    I wasn't aware that improving the QB position was "fucking up your team for years to come".

  • I'd rather see them trade down to 12-13 for a 2nd rounder and use that on Mallet than take Smith at 6.

  • @poeticg said:

    Yep fucking up your team for years to come to weed out some fake fans seems to me like a statement from a fake fan. Huh, go figure. 😆

    I wasn't aware that improving the QB position was "fucking up your team for years to come".

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I wasn't aware that improving the QB position was "fucking up your team for years to come".

    you're just pissed because we aren't going to pick your boy manuel.

    fuck all these QBs in this draft. their agents aren't getting paid enough for trying to overhype these turds. manuel's guy must have an inside connection with someone at espn because they trotted out his sorry ass on every show yesterday.

    3 out of 4 panelists who know more than you or me about QBs CALLED HIM EITHER A BUST OR A BACKUP. steven a. smith is the only one that called him a 'project' starter. and i wonder why that was? (maybe cuz he's BLACK?)

    hey we draft him that's fine with me. i'm still a fan. but it will show immediately the ineptitude of this FO especially banner and lombardi and i will never forgive or forget and will be on the 'get banner and lombardi out of town' wagon starting tonite like i was with holmgren after his horrible QB picks and reaches.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I wasn't aware that improving the QB position was "fucking up your team for years to come".

    you're just pissed because we aren't going to pick your boy manuel.

    fuck all these QBs in this draft. their agents aren't getting paid enough for trying to overhype these turds. manuel's guy must have an inside connection with someone at espn because they trotted out his sorry ass on every show yesterday.

    3 out of 4 panelists who know more than you or me about QBs CALLED HIM EITHER A BUST OR A BACKUP. steven a. smith is the only one that called him a 'project' starter. and i wonder why that was? (maybe cuz he's BLACK?)

    hey we draft him that's fine with me. i'm still a fan. but it will show immediately the ineptitude of this FO especially banner and lombardi and i will never forgive or forget and will be on the 'get banner and lombardi out of town' wagon starting tonite like i was with holmgren after his horrible QB picks and reaches.

    @miktoxic said:

    you're just pissed because we aren't going to pick your boy manuel.

    fuck all these QBs in this draft. their agents aren't getting paid enough for trying to overhype these turds. manuel's guy must have an inside connection with someone at espn because they trotted out his sorry ass on every show yesterday.

    3 out of 4 panelists who know more than you or me about QBs CALLED HIM EITHER A BUST OR A BACKUP. steven a. smith is the only one that called him a 'project' starter. and i wonder why that was? (maybe cuz he's BLACK?)

    hey we draft him that's fine with me. i'm still a fan. but it will show immediately the ineptitude of this FO especially banner and lombardi and i will never forgive or forget and will be on the 'get banner and lombardi out of town' wagon starting tonite like i was with holmgren after his horrible QB picks and reaches.

    I've been on the Geno train long before last season started. I would love to have him. As a matter of fact, Manuel and Smith are pretty much the only two players Ive actually expressed consistent interest in this whole offseason.

    Either pick would be fine with me. We need a QB. Had it not been for last years draft class, we'd be saying this group of guys has the most potential of any class in the last 5-6 seasons.

    Everybody is too quick to say "They're no Luck/Griffin". Neither are the other 30 starting QB's in the league. Neither was Russell Wilson.

    I would love to get either Smith or Manuel, but I'm not going to revoke my fanhood if we don't get them. Because I'm not a fucking 12 year old pussy like some of these guys are.

  • Do I need to repeat my statement from yesterday that it would fucking goddamn stupid to use first round picks two years in a row on QBs....when this team has other desperate needs? Like a couple of Defensive backs....maybe a pass rusher, maybe an OG.

    A lot of people here think Lombardi is one dumb son of a bitch. I am not necessarily one of them.....but a move like this could prove to me that all those who think he is are right.

    If we had not used a first round pick last year on Weeden....if we were, say, looking to replace Colt McCoy I would say going for a QB in round one may make some sense.

    But first round draft choices are valuable resources. You only get ONE of them per year as a general rule.

    Do NOT waste them on the same single position twice in a row.

    Give the guy you got last year time to show his worth. I don't give a flying fart if this is a new "regime". It is the same team we fans root for. Dumbass GMs come and go....WE the fans are the ones that have to stay here and put up with their stupid ego games. And we are the ones who get fucked constantly while they ride off with big paychecks.

  • We need somebody to knock the opposing QBs on their ass. Dion Jordan, or Mingo is fine with me. If they trade down, then draft a safety or CB.

    I keep thinking they're going to trade down & get offense. Chud & Norv most likely lean that way. It's fine, as long as they think we can outscore everyone. I want "D."

  • I'm leaning towards hopefully being able to trade down and get Warmack or Jones in the 10-15 range.

    I can't believe I'm saying this buy I agree with PoG, we could move Jones to the inside and he's just the kinda playmaker we need.

    If Mathieu is still there in the 3rd gonna have to take a long look at him - I think he could be the playmaking free safety we have been needing so desperately.

    Also hope we can pick up travis kelce - versatile tight end with a non stop motor and plays with emotion and attitude.

  • Not buying that Smith is even on their radar, but if it would happen, I would be neither shocked or devastated. I would however be

    hard pressed to put a positive spin on the pick to my wife.