Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Sheard

Sheard

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
27 Posts 14 Posters 1.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • 86collins 8
    • 47 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    8 86collins wrote on last edited by
    #7

    🙂 Mingo is going to play right away and Sheard will get traded tonight.

    hx214H 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • 8 86collins

      🙂 Mingo is going to play right away and Sheard will get traded tonight.

      hx214 hx214H One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 1k Posts
      • 474 Reputation
      hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
      #8

      @86collins said:

      🙂 Mingo is going to play right away and Sheard will get traded tonight.

      What are they going to trade him for? A pack of gum?

      You think they will get a 2nd rounder for him straight up? I'd love to know what kool aid your drinking.

      @86collins said:

      😐 Have you ever heard of Kanard Lang? Sheard isn't a linebacker and the fact the Browns drafted one or at least an edge rusher tells us that Sheard is gone. I just hope we can turn him into a 2nd round pick. I have also been hearing that they may trade Rubin too.

      Ya, we know who KENARD Lang is. You've been on the board for 10 seconds and your asking guys like Vapor and Gipper who have been posting on the board on a daily basis for years who a recent Browns player was? And you assume because he couldn't make the transition from DE to LB nobody can? Did you know Joe Haden was a QB in high school. Ever hear of Joe Haden?

      You've been hearing they may trade Rubin? When did you hear that? Two months ago when everybody else heard it? To the Pats for Ryan Mallett?

      Thanks for signing up on draft day and posting two month old rumors.

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • 86collins 8
        • 47 Posts
        • 1 Reputation
        8 86collins wrote on last edited by
        #9

        😐 Well excuse me for having an opinion son! Good Lord I just came to this board because the one on Cleveland Browns.com was shut down. Holy Clifford Charlton just because I saw a few things that Sheard and Rubin could be traded possibly a 2nd round pick I can't post it? Pardon me for not finding this message board right away! Maybe you should treat new members better than you are? Settle down I am not disrespecting any other member but you sure are.

        C slimdawgS hoortaH 3 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • 8 86collins

          😐 Well excuse me for having an opinion son! Good Lord I just came to this board because the one on Cleveland Browns.com was shut down. Holy Clifford Charlton just because I saw a few things that Sheard and Rubin could be traded possibly a 2nd round pick I can't post it? Pardon me for not finding this message board right away! Maybe you should treat new members better than you are? Settle down I am not disrespecting any other member but you sure are.

          cuwoohio C One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 528 Posts
          • 24 Reputation
          C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
          #10

          @86collins said:

          😐 Well excuse me for having an opinion son! Good Lord I just came to this board because the one on Cleveland Browns.com was shut down. Holy Clifford Charlton just because I saw a few things that Sheard and Rubin could be traded possibly a 2nd round pick I can't post it? Pardon me for not finding this message board right away! Maybe you should treat new members better than you are? Settle down I am not disrespecting any other member but you sure are.

          There's a lot of good opinions on this board, so give it time. I really don't post much because I already know what I think, but I read it all the time. Don't take anything personal.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • 86collins 8
            • 47 Posts
            • 1 Reputation
            8 86collins wrote on last edited by
            #11

            😐 I am sure there are a lot of good opinions on this board but why since I am a new poster do I get treated like yesterday's trash? I don't need to be here that badly.

            F The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 6k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
              #12

              Yeah, I don't know why hx had to be such a dick about it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • 8 86collins

                😐 I am sure there are a lot of good opinions on this board but why since I am a new poster do I get treated like yesterday's trash? I don't need to be here that badly.

                FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                • 4k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                #13

                @86collins said:

                😐 I am sure there are a lot of good opinions on this board but why since I am a new poster do I get treated like yesterday's trash? I don't need to be here that badly.

                he prolly dont know who 86 Collins is either! welcome anyways.....

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • 8 86collins

                  😐 I am sure there are a lot of good opinions on this board but why since I am a new poster do I get treated like yesterday's trash? I don't need to be here that badly.

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #14

                  @86collins said:

                  😐 I am sure there are a lot of good opinions on this board but why since I am a new poster do I get treated like yesterday's trash? I don't need to be here that badly.

                  Its the initiation process that all rookies have to go through....you know, like hazing. Its a test to see if you have the gumption to stick it out and not cry that you want to go home to mommy. Don't take it personal.

                  ....and with a quality name like Collins86 I would certainly expect that you would be able to take it. (and, by the way....there is no restraint on you dishing out in equal proportions, if you so choose....so sic'em)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • 86collins 8
                    • 47 Posts
                    • 1 Reputation
                    8 86collins wrote on last edited by
                    #15

                    🙂 Thank you Gipper because I wasn't dissing anyone. I wanted to find a message board on the Browns to talk and converse about the Browns. I have never claimed to be an expert on anything. I am just a very passionate fan. I meant no disrespect to anyone at all. I have been a Browns fan since 1960 so I have seen the good days and I have seen the bad days. Gary Collins was one of my favorite players when i was a kid. Frank Ryan, Jim Houston, Ernie Green, Jim Brown, Paul Warfield, Bill Glass, and a little known WR named Walter "The Flea" Roberts were some others.

                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • 8 86collins

                      😐 Have you ever heard of Kanard Lang? Sheard isn't a linebacker and the fact the Browns drafted one or at least an edge rusher tells us that Sheard is gone. I just hope we can turn him into a 2nd round pick. I have also been hearing that they may trade Rubin too.

                      CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 390 Reputation
                      CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
                      #16

                      @86collins said:

                      😐 Have you ever heard of Kanard Lang? Sheard isn't a linebacker and the fact the Browns drafted one or at least an edge rusher tells us that Sheard is gone. I just hope we can turn him into a 2nd round pick. I have also been hearing that they may trade Rubin too.

                      Depth.

                      Too many factors to consider to just assume that Sheard can't play LB.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • 86collins 8
                        • 47 Posts
                        • 1 Reputation
                        8 86collins wrote on last edited by
                        #17

                        😐 Normally I would agree with you but I was watching Bruce Drennan's show "All Bets Are Off" and he was saying he had heard that Sheard's days as a member of the Browns were numbered according to his sources.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • 8 86collins

                          🙂 Thank you Gipper because I wasn't dissing anyone. I wanted to find a message board on the Browns to talk and converse about the Browns. I have never claimed to be an expert on anything. I am just a very passionate fan. I meant no disrespect to anyone at all. I have been a Browns fan since 1960 so I have seen the good days and I have seen the bad days. Gary Collins was one of my favorite players when i was a kid. Frank Ryan, Jim Houston, Ernie Green, Jim Brown, Paul Warfield, Bill Glass, and a little known WR named Walter "The Flea" Roberts were some others.

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #18

                          @86collins said:

                          🙂 Thank you Gipper because I wasn't dissing anyone. I wanted to find a message board on the Browns to talk and converse about the Browns. I have never claimed to be an expert on anything. I am just a very passionate fan. I meant no disrespect to anyone at all. I have been a Browns fan since 1960 so I have seen the good days and I have seen the bad days. Gary Collins was one of my favorite players when i was a kid. Frank Ryan, Jim Houston, Ernie Green, Jim Brown, Paul Warfield, Bill Glass, and a little known WR named Walter "The Flea" Roberts were some others.

                          Well, here is something you will learn here....you CAN show and mean disrespect....momentarily, and no one takes it bad.

                          I have had smack down drag outs with any number of participants here in one thread...

                          and in another thread on the same day be perfectly in agreement and reasonable.

                          This is the most liberal (small L) sports board you will probably find anywhere.

                          I can even say "Get Fucked" to you....and not have it censored.

                          (and I mean that in the best way...see the Quentin Groves thread for candidates....and lets hope you would elect to choose from the Browns fan menu...not the Steeler fan menu)

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • 86collins 8
                            • 47 Posts
                            • 1 Reputation
                            8 86collins wrote on last edited by
                            #19

                            🙂 Thanks for the insight Gipper. I don't like being mean to people when I am talking to them while they are standing next to me or even on a message board. As I get older I have found that talking to people and trying to get along is the way to go for me. I always tell my son to try and get along with people and you can still have an opinion. All of us are entitled to an opinion be it right or wrong. Maybe I came on too strong with the other poster but I don't think I did. I look at it this way I can't tell my kids to get along with others if I don't.

                            🙂 By the way I love your trivia about the Browns! I knew the Gary Lane and Len Dawson answers to the QB questions. I think I am going to like it here.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • cuwoohio C One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 528 Posts
                              • 24 Reputation
                              C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
                              #20

                              Well, no matter what they do with Sheard, it does make tonight a little more interesting.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • 8 86collins

                                😐 Well excuse me for having an opinion son! Good Lord I just came to this board because the one on Cleveland Browns.com was shut down. Holy Clifford Charlton just because I saw a few things that Sheard and Rubin could be traded possibly a 2nd round pick I can't post it? Pardon me for not finding this message board right away! Maybe you should treat new members better than you are? Settle down I am not disrespecting any other member but you sure are.

                                slimdawg slimdawgS
                                • 541 Posts
                                • 49 Reputation
                                slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
                                #21

                                @86collins said:

                                😐 Well excuse me for having an opinion son! Good Lord I just came to this board because the one on Cleveland Browns.com was shut down. Holy Clifford Charlton just because I saw a few things that Sheard and Rubin could be traded possibly a 2nd round pick I can't post it? Pardon me for not finding this message board right away! Maybe you should treat new members better than you are? Settle down I am not disrespecting any other member but you sure are.

                                Ahh calm down there bud, don't take it so personally. On TBB you gotta have thick skin sometimes. Guys around here are very passionate about our Browns and sometimes can get a bit out of hand. Just don't sweat it and all will be good brother!

                                !!!!hopefully i'll be alive when it happens!!!!
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Unsympathetic U Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
                                  #22

                                  There's exactly zero proof any of those "discussions" about trading Sheard or Rubin happened with people who actually do the trading.

                                  It's 100% speculation from people who get paid to create rumors.

                                  1) Why trade Rubin? He is already the victory, he's a 6th round pick playing at a Pro Bowl alternate level. Also, his contract is cheaper next year than last year.

                                  2) Why trade Sheard? He was essentially the only person on the D last year who got any pressure. He starts, Mingo rotates in. Where's the questions? He's more than agile enough to play in space as well and hold up against the run.

                                  What's next, a 5th thread about the wonders of Mathieu - the slowest and shortest player ever?

                                  The more labels you have for yourself, the dumber they make you. "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." Paul Brown
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • 8 86collins

                                    😐 Well excuse me for having an opinion son! Good Lord I just came to this board because the one on Cleveland Browns.com was shut down. Holy Clifford Charlton just because I saw a few things that Sheard and Rubin could be traded possibly a 2nd round pick I can't post it? Pardon me for not finding this message board right away! Maybe you should treat new members better than you are? Settle down I am not disrespecting any other member but you sure are.

                                    hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 20k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                    #23

                                    @86collins said:

                                    😐 Well excuse me for having an opinion son! Good Lord I just came to this board because the one on Cleveland Browns.com was shut down. Holy Clifford Charlton just because I saw a few things that Sheard and Rubin could be traded possibly a 2nd round pick I can't post it? Pardon me for not finding this message board right away! Maybe you should treat new members better than you are? Settle down I am not disrespecting any other member but you sure are.

                                    Well, I rarely put on my big "M" moderator badge, but I'll also try to give you a heads up. Sorry if your welcome here was less than civil from some corners. On first take, I honestly thought you were regurgitating some stuff from cleveland.com, where I occasionally venture over to. The only things that get posts pulled- or warnings- are outright flaming, trolling, spamming, board disruption, and board hogging. Steeler fans get abused with regularity when they venture over here- in fact most of them have had their posting names renamed by a higher power (Zombo) than mine.

                                    @86collins said:

                                    🙂 Mingo is going to play right away and Sheard will get traded tonight.

                                    Care to take that one back? Yes, the obvious would have been to try and trade Sheard- but draft day moves get horrendously shorted, no? What about the rumor that was circulating for months, Mallett to the Browns?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                      • 64k Posts
                                      • 8k Reputation
                                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                      #24

                                      Sorry, 86Collins, but around here, most all the time, a good old bash response is more funny than personal.

                                      Ya just ignore it, and move on.
                                      Just found an article this morning about that very subject:
                                      http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/04/with_drafting_of_barkevious_mi.html
                                      BTW, I also have read where Sheard lost weight, trimmed down, to play olb. Mingo, Sheard, Kruger, Taylor, Rubin, Hughes...
                                      another smart, tough cb... I think I just heard an "OH, Sh**" from the opposing qb's in the Browns division....
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • timpiker timpikerT
                                        • 46 Posts
                                        • 3 Reputation
                                        timpikerT timpiker wrote on last edited by
                                        #25

                                        nobody on this board knows if he can make the transition or not

                                        and by the way DE's turn into LB's all the time - just look at the top of the draft every year

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • dab7291993 D
                                          • 521 Posts
                                          • 23 Reputation
                                          D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
                                          #26

                                          It's impossible to get equal compensation on draft day..and Sheard is one of our best players, why throw him away now for a player who might not even start?

                                          Let's give him his chance at OLB.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate