Skip to content

The Browns Are Better Today Than They Were Two Days Ago

The Browns Board
98 26 3.8k
  • Just seen on Espn rumors, that Browns to grab Hoyer. Anyone have any info on this?

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @cambridgeho said:

    Just seen on Espn rumors, that Browns to grab Hoyer. Anyone have any info on this?

    YESSSS THE ROAD TO THE SUPERBOWL GOING THRU CLEVELAND NOW. YEAAA BOYYYYY.
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Someone needs to bunch PoeticG in the face

  • Someone needs to bunch PoeticG in the face

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @mld-woody said:

    Someone needs to bunch PoeticG in the face

    typical u want someone else to do it.
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #75

    Lol, how is that "typical"?

    Who the fuck are you even? Haha

    If only I could send my fist through the internet, huh?

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    If only I could send my fist through the internet, huh?

    it prob beat off the first ND linebacker it could find
  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @mike-h said:

    He fell to the middle of the 7th round after draft nerds - not experts - hyped him beyond belief. So I'm not sure I agree with your glowing opinion of Dysert. 32 teams passed on him --- SIX times, sometimes more.

    He is now a 3rd stringer on the Bronco's, best of luck to him.

    This kinda reminds me how high ppl on here were for Dan Lefevour a few years back, seen he is doing pretty good nowadays.

  • @mike-h said:

    Pass-rushing project with a 7th rounder and you're going to complain?

    He's big, fast, and productive albeit against D-II talent. I haven't seen any tape so I won't go and call him a great pick, but the idea doesn't seem to be a bad one.

    Who should they have picked over him?

    How about the mid-round grade QB who has ample upside and worked out under the same mentor that both Newton and Weeden did. Who played in a system similar to Norv Turner's and Chud's in college, and has all the physical tools to be an NFL QB. Who is used to playing outdoors in the winter in Ohio.Not to mention he's about a decade younger than the QB's on our roster currently.

    Considering as we have anywhere from 3-5 pass rushers already on the roster, this pick was wasted. As all three of our picks have been.

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
    #78

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    How about the mid-round grade QB who has ample upside and worked out under the same mentor that both Newton and Weeden did. Who played in a system similar to Norv Turner's and Chud's in college, and has all the physical tools to be an NFL QB. Who is used to playing outdoors in the winter in Ohio.Not to mention he's about a decade younger than the QB's on our roster currently.

    Considering as we have anywhere from 3-5 pass rushers already on the roster, this pick was wasted. As all three of our picks have been.

    @poeticg said:

    Another D lineman, just what we needed- Bwahahahaha!

    I don't know what to say. Seriously.

    You can think what you want to, I'm not rooting for anyone else, the Browns are my team- they just make it very hard to keep the faith alive with the dumbest shit I've ever seen happening the last 5 fucking months straight.

    I could list them all in successive order but it's not worth the effort nor the time it would take to do so. If I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't bother being pissed about the bullshit that is happening, but it's obvious that I care since I do. So, why don't you quit telling me how to be a fan. Fuck off, and if I were sitting next to you you'd probably be the guy cheering a decent punt while the Steelers beat the fuck out of us by 21+ points in our own stadium(Well, it was our stadium until Haslam sold that to first energy).

    Fuck that, fuck this and fuck you!

    lol, Jesus Christ could you two bitch anymore?

    Armonty Bryant is a ST'er and Garret Gilkey adds depth to our OL. But yes, piss and moan about how terrible we wasted our seventh round picks.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    So has your attitude. These guys are top tier athletes, and they can recover from injuries. D.J. Hayden was a first round pick that almost died because he was hit in the chest.

    True, but an achilles injury may be tricker to recover from than Haydeon's injury.

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #79

    Skeptical2013 said:

    True, but an achilles injury may be tricker to recover from than Haydeon's injury.

    Didnt Suggs come back from a ruptured Achilles, he returned 5 months later. Slaughter injured his in sep/oct time frame. He will be good to go by August. As for injured players are concerned I am happy Marcus Lattimore was drafted in the 4th round. That dude has been through some shit.

  • Skeptical2013 said:

    True, but an achilles injury may be tricker to recover from than Haydeon's injury.

    Didnt Suggs come back from a ruptured Achilles, he returned 5 months later. Slaughter injured his in sep/oct time frame. He will be good to go by August. As for injured players are concerned I am happy Marcus Lattimore was drafted in the 4th round. That dude has been through some shit.

    A Assmunch wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @cambridgeho said:

    Didnt Suggs come back from a ruptured Achilles, he returned 5 months later. Slaughter injured his in sep/oct time frame. He will be good to go by August. As for injured players are concerned I am happy Marcus Lattimore was drafted in the 4th round. That dude has been through some shit.

    The Marcus Lattimore story is really something. The kid was the best RB in college football the other year and has had amazingly bad injury situations. But he is such a great human being and is handling the situation so positively that everyone is rooting for him. Go Marcus!

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Didnt Suggs come back from a ruptured Achilles, he returned 5 months later. Slaughter injured his in sep/oct time frame. He will be good to go by August. As for injured players are concerned I am happy Marcus Lattimore was drafted in the 4th round. That dude has been through some shit.

    The Marcus Lattimore story is really something. The kid was the best RB in college football the other year and has had amazingly bad injury situations. But he is such a great human being and is handling the situation so positively that everyone is rooting for him. Go Marcus!

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Skeptical2013 said:

    The Marcus Lattimore story is really something. The kid was the best RB in college football the other year and has had amazingly bad injury situations. But he is such a great human being and is handling the situation so positively that everyone is rooting for him. Go Marcus!

    I saw an interview where Gruden asked him why he didn't just quit trying to play football due to the injuries. Marcus told him he loves football & he wants his kids to learn from him that you never quit.

    There is NO one in this draft that I'm rooting for more than Marcus Lattimore. He personifies all that is good in football.

    Mike

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    How about the mid-round grade QB who has ample upside and worked out under the same mentor that both Newton and Weeden did. Who played in a system similar to Norv Turner's and Chud's in college, and has all the physical tools to be an NFL QB. Who is used to playing outdoors in the winter in Ohio.Not to mention he's about a decade younger than the QB's on our roster currently.

    Considering as we have anywhere from 3-5 pass rushers already on the roster, this pick was wasted. As all three of our picks have been.

    @poeticg said:

    Another D lineman, just what we needed- Bwahahahaha!

    I don't know what to say. Seriously.

    You can think what you want to, I'm not rooting for anyone else, the Browns are my team- they just make it very hard to keep the faith alive with the dumbest shit I've ever seen happening the last 5 fucking months straight.

    I could list them all in successive order but it's not worth the effort nor the time it would take to do so. If I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't bother being pissed about the bullshit that is happening, but it's obvious that I care since I do. So, why don't you quit telling me how to be a fan. Fuck off, and if I were sitting next to you you'd probably be the guy cheering a decent punt while the Steelers beat the fuck out of us by 21+ points in our own stadium(Well, it was our stadium until Haslam sold that to first energy).

    Fuck that, fuck this and fuck you!

    lol, Jesus Christ could you two bitch anymore?

    Armonty Bryant is a ST'er and Garret Gilkey adds depth to our OL. But yes, piss and moan about how terrible we wasted our seventh round picks.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #82

    @vaportrail said:

    lol, Jesus Christ could you two bitch anymore?

    Armonty Bryant is a ST'er and Garret Gilkey adds depth to our OL. But yes, piss and moan about how terrible we wasted our seventh round picks.

    That's exactly the point, dickweed.

    With the instability at QB, Dysert could have possibly competed for the starting job, not been relegated to the special teams from the get-go.

    When Jason Campbell is added in the offseason and is considered as improvement, your QB corps is hardly solid.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @mike-h said:

    So Campbell, a proven adequate backup in the NFL, is less appealing to you than a QB from Miami (OH) who scrambles way too much and was a 3rd team MAC player?

    Dysert made it to the 7th round for a reason.

    Campbell has had 8 years to prove what he's capable of in the NFL.

    Dysert has had 0. Until he proves to be just as incapable, he is more appealing.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #84

    i wish mld woody was here so i could punch him from NY to fuggin methhead michigan. talk about little girls. if someone disagrees with you so-called experts it comes down to "i'm taking my ball and going home" and "i wish someone else would punch someone else in the face cuz my nuts haven't dropped yet."

    alright we didn't have alot to work with but adding a #4 slot receiver for swappin picks in 2 rounds really did nothing for us. i like the mingo pick but IMO the CB would have been the pick. did anybody else watch the same draft as me? did you see the run on CBs as soon as millner went off the board? then the safeties? I MEAN THE 2 MOST IMPORTANT PIECES OF THE PUZZLE WE NEEDED TO GET??

    oh settle down. everything is great. the sky isn't falling. say that next year when our last 4 picks are either cut or don't even make the squad.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #85

    Cambell played much better than Carson Palmer in Oakland, He's underrated and has been on some bad teams. I love the pickup.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #86

    if these guys all pan out, hell i'm the biggest asshole going.

    my fave part of the draft, is gordon in the supplemental last year.

    then i like that we filled positions of need CB and safety, just not in the spots we should have....but we did.

    other than that, yawn.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #87

    This draft was for DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.

    even if our offense is inconsistent this year, we have a straight up BEAST front 7. With the additions applied in the offseason, does anyone believe the Browns could easily have the best AFC North defense???? Or at least a dominant D. I guess it depends on coaching but we all know Horton aint no dumbass.

  • So we have 2 thirds and 2 fourths next year? How did this draft set us back 2 years?

    And it was clearly stated that all the needs would not be filled.

    T. Gibson starter day 1, with Jamoris Slaughter as the depth for now,

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    So we have 2 thirds and 2 fourths next year? How did this draft set us back 2 years?

    And it was clearly stated that all the needs would not be filled.

    T. Gibson starter day 1, with Jamoris Slaughter as the depth for now,

    Spell his name right. It is Gipson.

  • This draft was for DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.

    even if our offense is inconsistent this year, we have a straight up BEAST front 7. With the additions applied in the offseason, does anyone believe the Browns could easily have the best AFC North defense???? Or at least a dominant D. I guess it depends on coaching but we all know Horton aint no dumbass.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #89

    @typicalbrowns said:

    This draft was for DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.

    even if our offense is inconsistent this year, we have a straight up BEAST front 7. With the additions applied in the offseason, does anyone believe the Browns could easily have the best AFC North defense???? Or at least a dominant D. I guess it depends on coaching but we all know Horton aint no dumbass.

    you are right about the front 7 all we have to worry about is someone getting past them.

    and an answer to the title of the thread: huh? of couse we are. if we weren't then i guess we wouldn't have had any draft picks.

  • If only I could send my fist through the internet, huh?

    it prob beat off the first ND linebacker it could find
    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @cdl15 said:

    If only I could send my fist through the internet, huh?

    it prob beat off the first ND linebacker it could find

    I suspect WRebel would prefer you poke a different appendage through the internet. 😁

  • If only I could send my fist through the internet, huh?

    it prob beat off the first ND linebacker it could find
    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @cdl15 said:

    If only I could send my fist through the internet, huh?

    it prob beat off the first ND linebacker it could find

    ND? Wtf?