Udfa's
-
Take Ryan Aplin, QB, Arkansas State off of the list, failed his physical.
-
Having briefly looked at scouting reports/pro day articles, McWethy & Faulk are very interesting.
We'll see what happens.
Mike
-
I like Bray as a prospect tbh, I was hoping we'd nab him late.
-
In looking over the Browns undrafted FA list I came across OT Chris Faulk from LSU. The Browns don't need a starting OT, but boy, Faulk could be a great back-up tackle if he can get healthy.
A second team all-SEC selection in 2011, a lot of people thought he would vie for all america honors in 2012. H was considered areal stud OT. But a major leg injury shelved him after game one of the regular season. His injury killed his draft chances but even with the injury some thought he would go as high as round 4 or 5.
If he can get healthy, he could be a real steal for the Browns and a fine player for many years.
Are there other possible steals you folks like among the undrafted FA class?
-
I know we got the starting Notre Dame center but his name escapes me right now. -
Heard good things about Ryan McWethy, S.
-
I know we got the starting Notre Dame center but his name escapes me right now.Yeah, I saw that, and that may be a real good signing, too.
-
Holy crap, for once we signed more than one good UDFA's..
Kruger
McWethy
Faulk
Cave
are all people I recognize with NFL potential.. Here's to hoping they make the team "with upside" rather than older veterans who claw just to stay on the 42
-
Cave was an All-American at Notre Dame. Faulk was listed in the top 20 offensive tackles in the draft. -
McWethy looks like he may be what we wanted the whole time.
http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/plattevilles-mcwethy-catches-the-eye-of-packers-other-nfl-teams
-
I sure hope he is the starter instead of Haag. -
Its crazy how fast all these UDFAs get signed.
The thing is, most (or all) of these early UDFAs announced are verbal commitments. I often wonder what happens if their favorite team contacts them BEFORE they have actually signed? Do they often jump ship?
Last year I was excited about Johnson Bademosi, then I saw a report that had him signing with the 49ers. Luckily, he chose us.
Mike
-
McWethy looks like he may be what we wanted the whole time.
http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/plattevilles-mcwethy-catches-the-eye-of-packers-other-nfl-teams
McWethy looks like he may be what we wanted the whole time.
http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/plattevilles-mcwethy-catches-the-eye-of-packers-other-nfl-teams
I called Cal yesterday regarding this kid . He would have been the Combine Star had he been there! I want to see what happens with some NFL coaching, but this kid will be worth watching!
That's one thing about small school players. Coaching, or lack of, can hold them back. Many are literally "sponges"...thirsty for knowledge & help with their shortcomings. I love their hunger, the chip on their shoulder, & the absence of Prima Donas.
Mike
-
McWethy looks like he may be what we wanted the whole time.
http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/plattevilles-mcwethy-catches-the-eye-of-packers-other-nfl-teams
I called Cal yesterday regarding this kid . He would have been the Combine Star had he been there! I want to see what happens with some NFL coaching, but this kid will be worth watching!
That's one thing about small school players. Coaching, or lack of, can hold them back. Many are literally "sponges"...thirsty for knowledge & help with their shortcomings. I love their hunger, the chip on their shoulder, & the absence of Prima Donas.
Mike
I called Cal yesterday regarding this kid . He would have been the Combine Star had he been there! I want to see what happens with some NFL coaching, but this kid will be worth watching!
That's one thing about small school players. Coaching, or lack of, can hold them back. Many are literally "sponges"...thirsty for knowledge & help with their shortcomings. I love their hunger, the chip on their shoulder, & the absence of Prima Donas.
Mike
Agreed, he is a big stong dude for FS.
-
Cave was an All-American at Notre Dame. Faulk was listed in the top 20 offensive tackles in the draft.
Cave was an All-American at Notre Dame. Faulk was listed in the top 20 offensive tackles in the draft. Let's hope there is a bear in this Cave.
-
OH NO!!!!
Safety Ryan McWethy is NOT listed as one of the 18 UDFAs signed by the Browns on the Browns' website. Either he signed elsewhere or the Browns are waiting for him to sign (which seems unlikely). Oh well, s**t happens.
Mike
-
According to McWethy's college, he did sign a contract with us.. perhaps that Browns page isn't being updated?
-
I hope you're correct & his omission was just an oversight.
I really enjoy watching UDFAs in camp. They are not EXPECTED to excel in camp & if & when they do, it's a tribute to their hustle & desire more than talent in a lot of cases. I always wish them well.
Mike
-
While it is a good story, this McWethy kid will never start a game for us unless it is because of injuries.
-
OH NO!!!!
Safety Ryan McWethy is NOT listed as one of the 18 UDFAs signed by the Browns on the Browns' website. Either he signed elsewhere or the Browns are waiting for him to sign (which seems unlikely). Oh well, s**t happens.
Mike
OH NO!!!!
Safety Ryan McWethy is NOT listed as one of the 18 UDFAs signed by the Browns on the Browns' website. Either he signed elsewhere or the Browns are waiting for him to sign (which seems unlikely). Oh well, s**t happens.
Mike
Players that were not on the officially signed list but wee previously mentioned as signing with the Browns were actually just invited to attend mini camp on a try out basis. So he will be there, he just has less time to show that he should be on the roster than some of the other UDFA.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login