Browns Trade Their 4Th, To Steelers Who Grab Safety...
-
I am anxious to see this kid. My 1st thought was at least a ST gunner. I've said it before & I'll say it again...These small school guys are hungry and they know they have no press clippings to live off. He'll give his all for sure, then we'll see if that's enough. I hope so as I love these blue collar players.
Mike
-
The MLB from Wofford is supposed to be a beat as well. decent numbers, but was reportedly at least double teamed on every play, sometimes even triple teamed. Does have injury issues.
-
PIT wanted that guy coz he can play Rover which is what Troy plays, in that Troy will line-up at any position on the defense (even NT), not that this guy can be the next Polamalu, but the Steelers kinda got used to a guy at Safety who was a Safety in name only and actally played Rover (a Madden explanation.)
-
how about the steelers just do a better job overall in everything they do than the browns?
is that a blunt enough answer for y'all?
-
I keep hearing criticism of the Browns trading that 4th round this year....etc..
to a hated rival.
The point those pundits on TV sports shows folks are missing, is that there are 3o
teams or so on the list of possible trade partners.
The steelers would have made that trade with another team somewhere,
if not with the Browns, and would still have drafted that safety.
The Browns didn't have a player they wanted, so they get an extra 3rd rounder for next year.
Smart move.
-
I keep hearing criticism of the Browns trading that 4th round this year....etc..
to a hated rival.
The point those pundits on TV sports shows folks are missing, is that there are 3o
teams or so on the list of possible trade partners.
The steelers would have made that trade with another team somewhere,
if not with the Browns, and would still have drafted that safety.
The Browns didn't have a player they wanted, so they get an extra 3rd rounder for next year.
Smart move.
I keep hearing criticism of the Browns trading that 4th round this year....etc..
to a hated rival.
The point those pundits on TV sports shows folks are missing, is that there are 31
teams or so on the list of possible trade partners.
The steelers would have made that trade with another team somewhere,
if not with the Browns, and would still have drafted that safety.
The Browns didn't have a player they wanted, so they get an extra 3rd rounder for next year.
Smart move.
SO I GUESS YOU JUST ASKED AND ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION. NICE JOB.
NO NEED FOR US NITWITS TO GET BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR DELUSIONAL FACTS.
-
Actually I'm with Cal on this one. We didn't see a player of value, and we just swapped a 4th round pick for a 3rd round pick. Nothing else thrown in. How is that not a good deal? Sure, it's next year, but in the grand scheme of things that doesn't make a difference really. If, every year, we trade our 4th and 5th for a 3rd and 4th, that's just good business, surely?!
I also really loved Banner's response to trading with a divisonal rival - basically saying that you only trade if you think you're winning the trade, so if you're winning, the partner is by definition losing, and so by trading within the division, you not only win a trade and strengthen your position, you also weaken your rival. I'm sure there are exceptions - like trading up to the top spot to take the next Payton Manning, but generally it seems like a good strategy.
-
It wasn't a guy we obviously liked.
It is crazy all the critics blasting the browns draft. Last year we started how many rookies? How many 2nd year players? We are one of the youngest teams in the league. We can't keep on adding so many rookies to our roster and have turn over. Now if there was a guy we liked, then you grab em.
I think it is so funny people praising the 49es and the Ravens for their draft. how many guys will make the team out of their draft picks? They praised the Eagles a few years back and have praised the Pats all the time for trading back and picking up extra picks. Wait a few years, then come back to this draft.
As for us, i am fine with it. We have salary cap room and added some guys.
-
Not a big college fan so this is the first I'm hearing of this Thomas kid, reading his draft profile and his combine stats and scouting report are through the roof.
4.42 40, 28 reps, 40 inch vertical
-
I am anxious to see this kid. My 1st thought was at least a ST gunner. I've said it before & I'll say it again...These small school guys are hungry and they know they have no press clippings to live off. He'll give his all for sure, then we'll see if that's enough. I hope so as I love these blue collar players.
Mike
I am anxious to see this kid. My 1st thought was at least a ST gunner. I've said it before & I'll say it again...These small school guys are hungry and they know they have no press clippings to live off. He'll give his all for sure, then we'll see if that's enough. I hope so as I love these blue collar players.
Mike
hope he does well....will be fun to watch him progress! And to potentially fill a need would certainly redefine a value pick!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login