Browns To Win Conference Next Year?
-
all kidding aside i really do feel like with just hte coaching staff alone we've raised our points up +2 or 3.
i think the steelers are old and the ravens can't compensate for their losses on defense,
bengals brown this year baby. i go them 1 and 1. but vs, the rest of the division the browns are 5 -6.
say what? say what?
all kidding aside i really do feel like with just hte coaching staff alone we've raised our points up +2 or 3.
i think the steelers are old and the ravens can't compensate for their losses on defense,
bengals brown this year baby. i go them 1 and 1. but vs, the rest of the division the browns are 5 -6.
say what? say what?
The only problem is now you have Lombardi here who will hire his staff and draft crap players to negate any good Norv and Chud do...good luck and prepare for 4-12 in 2014
-
How many drives did we miss out on because of Shurmurs horrible play-calling?
How many times did he muck up the personnel or limit the talent on the field?
Honestly, I couldn't be happier that Shumur is gone. Juron didn't seem to have the fire to push these guys that Horton seems to have. Childress being up in the booth instead of down on the field getting a feel for who's hot and who's not really hampered our momentum at times. I feel that with the coaches alone, that brings us at least 4 more wins... yeah, Shurmur was that bad. We should have been 9-7 last year and with the offseason upgrades we should be 11-5 next year.
How many drives did we miss out on because of Shurmurs horrible play-calling?
How many times did he muck up the personnel or limit the talent on the field?
Honestly, I couldn't be happier that Shumur is gone. Juron didn't seem to have the fire to push these guys that Horton seems to have. Childress being up in the booth instead of down on the field getting a feel for who's hot and who's not really hampered our momentum at times. I feel that with the coaches alone, that brings us at least 4 more wins... yeah, Shurmur was that bad. We should have been 9-7 last year and with the offseason upgrades we should be 11-5 next year.
Turner as the OC was such a good addition to the team, he has had some great QBs and RBs to develop and work with. Lets hope Weeden can just comprehend whats going on this year and be able to read the Defenses. The dude has some talent, and has a lot of weapons at his disposal this year. I really dont know much about Horton other then having an aggressive style Defense, and thats a good thing, considering we have been a bend but dont break type D for awhile.
-
How many drives did we miss out on because of Shurmurs horrible play-calling?
How many times did he muck up the personnel or limit the talent on the field?
Honestly, I couldn't be happier that Shumur is gone. Juron didn't seem to have the fire to push these guys that Horton seems to have. Childress being up in the booth instead of down on the field getting a feel for who's hot and who's not really hampered our momentum at times. I feel that with the coaches alone, that brings us at least 4 more wins... yeah, Shurmur was that bad. We should have been 9-7 last year and with the offseason upgrades we should be 11-5 next year.
How many drives did we miss out on because of Shurmurs horrible play-calling?
How many times did he muck up the personnel or limit the talent on the field?
Honestly, I couldn't be happier that Shumur is gone. Juron didn't seem to have the fire to push these guys that Horton seems to have. Childress being up in the booth instead of down on the field getting a feel for who's hot and who's not really hampered our momentum at times. I feel that with the coaches alone, that brings us at least 4 more wins... yeah, Shurmur was that bad. We should have been 9-7 last year and with the offseason upgrades we should be 11-5 next year.
I agree with every part except for Childress being up in the booth. It would seem to me (and I'm not expert) but it would seem that calling plays from the press box on offense especially would be easier. I've noticed being at the games how much easier it is to see the plays open up and develop from up higher. I would think that a coach calling plays would think the same thing.
-
.500 if weeds sucks,
superbowl if he gets it.
btw whoever designed the bleacher report with the slide show style of reading should be fired immediately. that is the sole reason i never read anything from the site. Guess its easier to cram more ad-ware down every ones throat.
-
All we need is to hit on 2 new OG's next year in the draft.. if this Gilkey guy is just serviceable he'll probably be better than Lauvoaieagh
-
All we need is to hit on 2 new OG's next year in the draft.. if this Gilkey guy is just serviceable he'll probably be better than Lauvoaieagh
All we need is to hit on 2 new OG's next year in the draft.. if this Gilkey guy is just serviceable he'll probably be better than Lauvoaieagh
we can only hope. thought they might have looked a little closer at the OL (right side) in FA and the draft cuz there are at least 3 guys on our roster that couldn't be 2nd string on any other football team.
-
I FUCKING Hate the Bleacher Report. Slideshows are for gays.
-
I FUCKING Hate the Bleacher Report. Slideshows are for gays.
I FUCKING Hate the Bleacher Report. Slideshows are for gays.
I hate any website that I can't minimize to a standard rectangle of text and scroll down to read all the info. Makes work life much less complicated.
-
So basically we might be the best of mediocre lot? Yippee!
But... afraid I cannot join the party...
1st - Cincinnati (11-5)
I think the Bengals are clearly the class of the division and but for the Texans, who have gone All-In for the 2013 season, might be my AFC pick to go to the SB.
2nd - Baltimore (10-6)
The Ravens will push the Bengals all the way... and do it with offense. I predicted a break out year last year for Flacco, and despite a so-so start, I think he vindicated me with a good 2nd half and great playoff run. Yes, their D will yield more points (a lot more points) while the new pieces of that puzzle mature, but their O will more than step up.
3rd - Cleveland (7 - 9)
4th - Pittsburgh (6-10)
So that leaves us and the Steelers battling to stay out of the basement.... and while I do not trust that western PA team to cooperate, I can't see them topping us for what seems like the umpteenth time in forever. Their O-line is still a liability. Ben's a year older... maybe three years older after another beat down of a season. And the D just isn't what it was...
So while I see us having another off season start earlier than we'd like, we can take solace in a 2 game improvement over 2012 and a finish ahead of our "rival".
-
So basically we might be the best of mediocre lot? Yippee!
But... afraid I cannot join the party...
1st - Cincinnati (11-5)
I think the Bengals are clearly the class of the division and but for the Texans, who have gone All-In for the 2013 season, might be my AFC pick to go to the SB.
2nd - Baltimore (10-6)
The Ravens will push the Bengals all the way... and do it with offense. I predicted a break out year last year for Flacco, and despite a so-so start, I think he vindicated me with a good 2nd half and great playoff run. Yes, their D will yield more points (a lot more points) while the new pieces of that puzzle mature, but their O will more than step up.
3rd - Cleveland (7 - 9)
4th - Pittsburgh (6-10)
So that leaves us and the Steelers battling to stay out of the basement.... and while I do not trust that western PA team to cooperate, I can't see them topping us for what seems like the umpteenth time in forever. Their O-line is still a liability. Ben's a year older... maybe three years older after another beat down of a season. And the D just isn't what it was...
So while I see us having another off season start earlier than we'd like, we can take solace in a 2 game improvement over 2012 and a finish ahead of our "rival".
So basically we might be the best of mediocre lot? Yippee!
But... afraid I cannot join the party...
1st - Cincinnati (11-5)
I think the Bengals are clearly the class of the division and but for the Texans, who have gone All-In for the 2013 season, might be my AFC pick to go to the SB.
2nd - Baltimore (10-6)
The Ravens will push the Bengals all the way... and do it with offense. I predicted a break out year last year for Flacco, and despite a so-so start, I think he vindicated me with a good 2nd half and great playoff run. Yes, their D will yield more points (a lot more points) while the new pieces of that puzzle mature, but their O will more than step up.
3rd - Cleveland (7 - 9)
4th - Pittsburgh (6-10)
So that leaves us and the Steelers battling to stay out of the basement.... and while I do not trust that western PA team to cooperate, I can't see them topping us for what seems like the umpteenth time in forever. Their O-line is still a liability. Ben's a year older... maybe three years older after another beat down of a season. And the D just isn't what it was...
So while I see us having another off season start earlier than we'd like, we can take solace in a 2 game improvement over 2012 and a finish ahead of our "rival".
i'm the utmost pessimist on this forum and i can envision a 9 win season even with the FO/regime change. weeds knows it's do or die. TR will be blasting through the middle harder than ever and i think with turner as OC gordon little and cameron are going to be pro-bowl contenders.
the only downside is our Dbackfield. i really hope ward and whoever else is back there can stop the guys that get past our 3rd line.
BUT i think cincy looks like a complete team, ravens took the money and ran and shittsburgh is just going to fall off the map for the next ten years.
we have a viable chance to go 2 deep into the playoffs.
-
Anyone who thinks we won't win at least 8 games next year(Given all key players can stay healthy) is probably just stuck in the past.
I've felt "excited" before every season, and in the past that excitement caused me and others to have wishful thinking. By the way, I really think we would have been 8-8 last year if Haden didn't get suspended.
In the past(last year) we had WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense?
Now its safe to say we got some really coaches paired with solid,young, physically gifted players on all the skill positions on offense: WR1, WR2, WR3, RB, TE with Weeden Gunslinging throwing down the field.
No more BS offense to watch.
Trent is a darkhorse per nfl.com to lead the league in rushing, as many of us recognized his rib injury to effect his performance.
And here is an example of why our defense will be awesome.
Ryan Clark:
"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away."
We all know Brady has had the best O-Line, but if Mingo, Kruger, Sheard, Desmond, Rubin, and Phil are all out there AT THE SAME TIME?
If everyone is healthy, 11-5.
-
Anyone who thinks we won't win at least 8 games next year(Given all key players can stay healthy) is probably just stuck in the past.
I've felt "excited" before every season, and in the past that excitement caused me and others to have wishful thinking. By the way, I really think we would have been 8-8 last year if Haden didn't get suspended.
In the past(last year) we had WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense?
Now its safe to say we got some really coaches paired with solid,young, physically gifted players on all the skill positions on offense: WR1, WR2, WR3, RB, TE with Weeden Gunslinging throwing down the field.
No more BS offense to watch.
Trent is a darkhorse per nfl.com to lead the league in rushing, as many of us recognized his rib injury to effect his performance.
And here is an example of why our defense will be awesome.
Ryan Clark:
"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away."
We all know Brady has had the best O-Line, but if Mingo, Kruger, Sheard, Desmond, Rubin, and Phil are all out there AT THE SAME TIME?
If everyone is healthy, 11-5.
Anyone who thinks we won't win at least 8 games next year(Given all key players can stay healthy) is probably just stuck in the past.
I've felt "excited" before every season, and in the past that excitement caused me and others to have wishful thinking. By the way, I really think we would have been 8-8 last year if Haden didn't get suspended.
In the past(last year) we had WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense?
Now its safe to say we got some really coaches paired with solid,young, physically gifted players on all the skill positions on offense: WR1, WR2, WR3, RB, TE with Weeden Gunslinging throwing down the field.
No more BS offense to watch.
Trent is a darkhorse per nfl.com to lead the league in rushing, as many of us recognized his rib injury to effect his performance.
And here is an example of why our defense will be awesome.
Ryan Clark:
"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away."
We all know Brady has had the best O-Line, but if Mingo, Kruger, Sheard, Desmond, Rubin, and Phil are all out there AT THE SAME TIME?
If everyone is healthy, 11-5.
Entirely too optimistic. Rob Chudzinski is in his first year as HC. Ever. Not just in the NFL, but anywhere.
Mingo is still an unproven, undersized college DE looking to make the transition to OLB. He is just as good as a blocking dummy at this point because, until now, he's done nothing. Sheard is trying to transition from DE to OLB as well. Kruger is the only one of the three that has experience as an NFL OLB, and there are question marks about whether or not he's even an every down backer. Rubin and Phil are solid linemen, but they aren't superstars.
When all is said and done, Desmond Bryant is our most proven lineman and biggest "star" in the front 7. He's shown the ability to rush the passer on a defense that was barely better than ours and lacked playmakers just as we did.
Add to that we will have a rookie third round pick starting at CB and, most likely, a rookie FS as well. That's two or three rookies, one player who's never played a snap at OLB before and another player who's only started 5 games in his career all starting on defense. And we still don't know who our other MLB is going to be.
Furthermore, our offensive coordinator was the HC of a team that finished 31st in Total Offense last season.
So, once again, we have WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense (mostly defense)?
Let me be clear...I like Chud. I like Turner. I like Horton. I think we have a very good coaching staff for this upcoming season. I think our offensive scheme fits our players well. I think our defensive scheme is fantastic.
But I am realistic. 8-8 would be a great season for us.
I can see us splitting with Cinci and Pittsburgh and dropping both games to Baltimore. We will probably lose to the Vikings. We will lose to the Packers. We will lose to the Chiefs. We will lose to the Patriots. We will probably lose to the Lions. It seems likely that we will lose to the Dolphins, as well, seeing as we haven't won a season opener in 5 seasons.
6-10. Maybe 7-9. 8-8 would be a great season.
-
Anyone who thinks we won't win at least 8 games next year(Given all key players can stay healthy) is probably just stuck in the past.
I've felt "excited" before every season, and in the past that excitement caused me and others to have wishful thinking. By the way, I really think we would have been 8-8 last year if Haden didn't get suspended.
In the past(last year) we had WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense?
Now its safe to say we got some really coaches paired with solid,young, physically gifted players on all the skill positions on offense: WR1, WR2, WR3, RB, TE with Weeden Gunslinging throwing down the field.
No more BS offense to watch.
Trent is a darkhorse per nfl.com to lead the league in rushing, as many of us recognized his rib injury to effect his performance.
And here is an example of why our defense will be awesome.
Ryan Clark:
"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away."
We all know Brady has had the best O-Line, but if Mingo, Kruger, Sheard, Desmond, Rubin, and Phil are all out there AT THE SAME TIME?
If everyone is healthy, 11-5.
Anyone who thinks we won't win at least 8 games next year(Given all key players can stay healthy) is probably just stuck in the past.
I've felt "excited" before every season, and in the past that excitement caused me and others to have wishful thinking. By the way, I really think we would have been 8-8 last year if Haden didn't get suspended.
In the past(last year) we had WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense?
Now its safe to say we got some really coaches paired with solid,young, physically gifted players on all the skill positions on offense: WR1, WR2, WR3, RB, TE with Weeden Gunslinging throwing down the field.
No more BS offense to watch.
Trent is a darkhorse per nfl.com to lead the league in rushing, as many of us recognized his rib injury to effect his performance.
And here is an example of why our defense will be awesome.
Ryan Clark:
"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away."
We all know Brady has had the best O-Line, but if Mingo, Kruger, Sheard, Desmond, Rubin, and Phil are all out there AT THE SAME TIME?
If everyone is healthy, 11-5.
You didn't even mention D'Qwell Jackson; one of the most under-rated linebackers in the game... He's a true Pro.
-
Anyone who thinks we won't win at least 8 games next year(Given all key players can stay healthy) is probably just stuck in the past.
I've felt "excited" before every season, and in the past that excitement caused me and others to have wishful thinking. By the way, I really think we would have been 8-8 last year if Haden didn't get suspended.
In the past(last year) we had WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense?
Now its safe to say we got some really coaches paired with solid,young, physically gifted players on all the skill positions on offense: WR1, WR2, WR3, RB, TE with Weeden Gunslinging throwing down the field.
No more BS offense to watch.
Trent is a darkhorse per nfl.com to lead the league in rushing, as many of us recognized his rib injury to effect his performance.
And here is an example of why our defense will be awesome.
Ryan Clark:
"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away."
We all know Brady has had the best O-Line, but if Mingo, Kruger, Sheard, Desmond, Rubin, and Phil are all out there AT THE SAME TIME?
If everyone is healthy, 11-5.
Entirely too optimistic. Rob Chudzinski is in his first year as HC. Ever. Not just in the NFL, but anywhere.
Mingo is still an unproven, undersized college DE looking to make the transition to OLB. He is just as good as a blocking dummy at this point because, until now, he's done nothing. Sheard is trying to transition from DE to OLB as well. Kruger is the only one of the three that has experience as an NFL OLB, and there are question marks about whether or not he's even an every down backer. Rubin and Phil are solid linemen, but they aren't superstars.
When all is said and done, Desmond Bryant is our most proven lineman and biggest "star" in the front 7. He's shown the ability to rush the passer on a defense that was barely better than ours and lacked playmakers just as we did.
Add to that we will have a rookie third round pick starting at CB and, most likely, a rookie FS as well. That's two or three rookies, one player who's never played a snap at OLB before and another player who's only started 5 games in his career all starting on defense. And we still don't know who our other MLB is going to be.
Furthermore, our offensive coordinator was the HC of a team that finished 31st in Total Offense last season.
So, once again, we have WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense (mostly defense)?
Let me be clear...I like Chud. I like Turner. I like Horton. I think we have a very good coaching staff for this upcoming season. I think our offensive scheme fits our players well. I think our defensive scheme is fantastic.
But I am realistic. 8-8 would be a great season for us.
I can see us splitting with Cinci and Pittsburgh and dropping both games to Baltimore. We will probably lose to the Vikings. We will lose to the Packers. We will lose to the Chiefs. We will lose to the Patriots. We will probably lose to the Lions. It seems likely that we will lose to the Dolphins, as well, seeing as we haven't won a season opener in 5 seasons.
6-10. Maybe 7-9. 8-8 would be a great season.
Entirely too optimistic. Rob Chudzinski is in his first year as HC. Ever. Not just in the NFL, but anywhere.
Mingo is still an unproven, undersized college DE looking to make the transition to OLB. He is just as good as a blocking dummy at this point because, until now, he's done nothing. Sheard is trying to transition from DE to OLB as well. Kruger is the only one of the three that has experience as an NFL OLB, and there are question marks about whether or not he's even an every down backer. Rubin and Phil are solid linemen, but they aren't superstars.
When all is said and done, Desmond Bryant is our most proven lineman and biggest "star" in the front 7. He's shown the ability to rush the passer on a defense that was barely better than ours and lacked playmakers just as we did.
Add to that we will have a rookie third round pick starting at CB and, most likely, a rookie FS as well. That's two or three rookies, one player who's never played a snap at OLB before and another player who's only started 5 games in his career all starting on defense. And we still don't know who our other MLB is going to be.
Furthermore, our offensive coordinator was the HC of a team that finished 31st in Total Offense last season.
So, once again, we have WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense (mostly defense)?
Let me be clear...I like Chud. I like Turner. I like Horton. I think we have a very good coaching staff for this upcoming season. I think our offensive scheme fits our players well. I think our defensive scheme is fantastic.
But I am realistic. 8-8 would be a great season for us.
I can see us splitting with Cinci and Pittsburgh and dropping both games to Baltimore. We will probably lose to the Vikings. We will lose to the Packers. We will lose to the Chiefs. We will lose to the Patriots. We will probably lose to the Lions. It seems likely that we will lose to the Dolphins, as well, seeing as we haven't won a season opener in 5 seasons.
6-10. Maybe 7-9. 8-8 would be a great season.
Like I said, we could've been 8-8 last year with a clearly unqualified coach in Shurmur. (Haden's injury had a big impact).
Rubin and Taylor's strength and presence are getting league wide respect nowadays, and that was when they were both playing NT, at different times, now they're out there at the same time pushing the O-Line back.
In this new scheme, those stout D-Lineman will be able to create GREAT push and we will certainly be attacking the QB with Mingo(explosive) and Kruger(strong and explosive).
Think about Sheard's little success, what 8 sacks? With just an OKAY scheme while being worked hard.
Mingo and Kruger are respectively more physically gifted then Sheard, who is a very smart player. This will be awesome to watch when he is subbed in.
Now with those 2 guys as starters and Sheard rotating in when the time is right? And even Groves too, only to a lesser extent then Sheard.
Once again, lets really hope these guys can stay healthy. But if thats the case, 11-5.
It's about time we start to realize whats being put together right in front of us.
The Sunday suffering will soon be over people, and as hard as it is for a Cleveland fan to believe anymore, have some faith.
If this current roster remained relatively healthy and went 8-8 I would be disgusted. This is a GOOD team we have now.
And yes PoeticG, D'Qwell is great, but I didn't include him because I was emphasizing the new pass rushers and how effective they will be.
-
Entirely too optimistic. Rob Chudzinski is in his first year as HC. Ever. Not just in the NFL, but anywhere.
Mingo is still an unproven, undersized college DE looking to make the transition to OLB. He is just as good as a blocking dummy at this point because, until now, he's done nothing. Sheard is trying to transition from DE to OLB as well. Kruger is the only one of the three that has experience as an NFL OLB, and there are question marks about whether or not he's even an every down backer. Rubin and Phil are solid linemen, but they aren't superstars.
When all is said and done, Desmond Bryant is our most proven lineman and biggest "star" in the front 7. He's shown the ability to rush the passer on a defense that was barely better than ours and lacked playmakers just as we did.
Add to that we will have a rookie third round pick starting at CB and, most likely, a rookie FS as well. That's two or three rookies, one player who's never played a snap at OLB before and another player who's only started 5 games in his career all starting on defense. And we still don't know who our other MLB is going to be.
Furthermore, our offensive coordinator was the HC of a team that finished 31st in Total Offense last season.
So, once again, we have WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense (mostly defense)?
Let me be clear...I like Chud. I like Turner. I like Horton. I think we have a very good coaching staff for this upcoming season. I think our offensive scheme fits our players well. I think our defensive scheme is fantastic.
But I am realistic. 8-8 would be a great season for us.
I can see us splitting with Cinci and Pittsburgh and dropping both games to Baltimore. We will probably lose to the Vikings. We will lose to the Packers. We will lose to the Chiefs. We will lose to the Patriots. We will probably lose to the Lions. It seems likely that we will lose to the Dolphins, as well, seeing as we haven't won a season opener in 5 seasons.
6-10. Maybe 7-9. 8-8 would be a great season.
Like I said, we could've been 8-8 last year with a clearly unqualified coach in Shurmur. (Haden's injury had a big impact).
Rubin and Taylor's strength and presence are getting league wide respect nowadays, and that was when they were both playing NT, at different times, now they're out there at the same time pushing the O-Line back.
In this new scheme, those stout D-Lineman will be able to create GREAT push and we will certainly be attacking the QB with Mingo(explosive) and Kruger(strong and explosive).
Think about Sheard's little success, what 8 sacks? With just an OKAY scheme while being worked hard.
Mingo and Kruger are respectively more physically gifted then Sheard, who is a very smart player. This will be awesome to watch when he is subbed in.
Now with those 2 guys as starters and Sheard rotating in when the time is right? And even Groves too, only to a lesser extent then Sheard.
Once again, lets really hope these guys can stay healthy. But if thats the case, 11-5.
It's about time we start to realize whats being put together right in front of us.
The Sunday suffering will soon be over people, and as hard as it is for a Cleveland fan to believe anymore, have some faith.
If this current roster remained relatively healthy and went 8-8 I would be disgusted. This is a GOOD team we have now.
And yes PoeticG, D'Qwell is great, but I didn't include him because I was emphasizing the new pass rushers and how effective they will be.
Like I said, we could've been 8-8 last year with a clearly unqualified coach in Shurmur. (Haden's injury had a big impact).
Rubin and Taylor's strength and presence are getting league wide respect nowadays, and that was when they were both playing NT, at different times, now they're out there at the same time pushing the O-Line back.
In this new scheme, those stout D-Lineman will be able to create GREAT push and we will certainly be attacking the QB with Mingo(explosive) and Kruger(strong and explosive).
Think about Sheard's little success, what 8 sacks? With just an OKAY scheme while being worked hard.
Mingo and Kruger are respectively more physically gifted then Sheard, who is a very smart player. This will be awesome to watch when he is subbed in.
Now with those 2 guys as starters and Sheard rotating in when the time is right? And even Groves too, only to a lesser extent then Sheard.
Once again, lets really hope these guys can stay healthy. But if thats the case, 11-5.
It's about time we start to realize whats being put together right in front of us.
The Sunday suffering will soon be over people, and as hard as it is for a Cleveland fan to believe anymore, have some faith.
If this current roster remained relatively healthy and went 8-8 I would be disgusted. This is a GOOD team we have now.
And yes PoeticG, D'Qwell is great, but I didn't include him because I was emphasizing the new pass rushers and how effective they will be.
i love your optimism and agree with 90% of your post.
but you can't fix ugly and you can't fix dumb. to blame our past 5 years of shit seasons solely on coaching (cuz i think mangini was a very good coach) IMO isn't the right spot to place the specific blame.
hell yeah shurmur sucked and blame that on holmgren. but shurmur didn't overthrow the receivers every other play or not block the DL and push open open a hole for TR to get through.
coaches gotta coach. players gotta play, meaning execute what you have been taught.
-
Anyone who thinks we won't win at least 8 games next year(Given all key players can stay healthy) is probably just stuck in the past.
I've felt "excited" before every season, and in the past that excitement caused me and others to have wishful thinking. By the way, I really think we would have been 8-8 last year if Haden didn't get suspended.
In the past(last year) we had WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense?
Now its safe to say we got some really coaches paired with solid,young, physically gifted players on all the skill positions on offense: WR1, WR2, WR3, RB, TE with Weeden Gunslinging throwing down the field.
No more BS offense to watch.
Trent is a darkhorse per nfl.com to lead the league in rushing, as many of us recognized his rib injury to effect his performance.
And here is an example of why our defense will be awesome.
Ryan Clark:
"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away."
We all know Brady has had the best O-Line, but if Mingo, Kruger, Sheard, Desmond, Rubin, and Phil are all out there AT THE SAME TIME?
If everyone is healthy, 11-5.
Entirely too optimistic. Rob Chudzinski is in his first year as HC. Ever. Not just in the NFL, but anywhere.
Mingo is still an unproven, undersized college DE looking to make the transition to OLB. He is just as good as a blocking dummy at this point because, until now, he's done nothing. Sheard is trying to transition from DE to OLB as well. Kruger is the only one of the three that has experience as an NFL OLB, and there are question marks about whether or not he's even an every down backer. Rubin and Phil are solid linemen, but they aren't superstars.
When all is said and done, Desmond Bryant is our most proven lineman and biggest "star" in the front 7. He's shown the ability to rush the passer on a defense that was barely better than ours and lacked playmakers just as we did.
Add to that we will have a rookie third round pick starting at CB and, most likely, a rookie FS as well. That's two or three rookies, one player who's never played a snap at OLB before and another player who's only started 5 games in his career all starting on defense. And we still don't know who our other MLB is going to be.
Furthermore, our offensive coordinator was the HC of a team that finished 31st in Total Offense last season.
So, once again, we have WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense (mostly defense)?
Let me be clear...I like Chud. I like Turner. I like Horton. I think we have a very good coaching staff for this upcoming season. I think our offensive scheme fits our players well. I think our defensive scheme is fantastic.
But I am realistic. 8-8 would be a great season for us.
I can see us splitting with Cinci and Pittsburgh and dropping both games to Baltimore. We will probably lose to the Vikings. We will lose to the Packers. We will lose to the Chiefs. We will lose to the Patriots. We will probably lose to the Lions. It seems likely that we will lose to the Dolphins, as well, seeing as we haven't won a season opener in 5 seasons.
6-10. Maybe 7-9. 8-8 would be a great season.
Entirely too optimistic. Rob Chudzinski is in his first year as HC. Ever. Not just in the NFL, but anywhere.
Mingo is still an unproven, undersized college DE looking to make the transition to OLB. He is just as good as a blocking dummy at this point because, until now, he's done nothing. Sheard is trying to transition from DE to OLB as well. Kruger is the only one of the three that has experience as an NFL OLB, and there are question marks about whether or not he's even an every down backer. Rubin and Phil are solid linemen, but they aren't superstars.
When all is said and done, Desmond Bryant is our most proven lineman and biggest "star" in the front 7. He's shown the ability to rush the passer on a defense that was barely better than ours and lacked playmakers just as we did.
Add to that we will have a rookie third round pick starting at CB and, most likely, a rookie FS as well. That's two or three rookies, one player who's never played a snap at OLB before and another player who's only started 5 games in his career all starting on defense. And we still don't know who our other MLB is going to be.
Furthermore, our offensive coordinator was the HC of a team that finished 31st in Total Offense last season.
So, once again, we have WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense (mostly defense)?
Let me be clear...I like Chud. I like Turner. I like Horton. I think we have a very good coaching staff for this upcoming season. I think our offensive scheme fits our players well. I think our defensive scheme is fantastic.
But I am realistic. 8-8 would be a great season for us.
I can see us splitting with Cinci and Pittsburgh and dropping both games to Baltimore. We will probably lose to the Vikings. We will lose to the Packers. We will lose to the Chiefs. We will lose to the Patriots. We will probably lose to the Lions. It seems likely that we will lose to the Dolphins, as well, seeing as we haven't won a season opener in 5 seasons.
6-10. Maybe 7-9. 8-8 would be a great season.
It's beyond incredible that this "brain fart" called a Browns management group couldn't figure out a way to add quality depth in the secondary and get a real tight end so the team could at least somewhat compete in 2013. I say 5-11 and fans will cry as one QB after another flings pass after pass to open receivers over that vaunted front 7. It takes 11 players to play defense. Obviously Lombardi doesn't understand that a secondary is important, too!
-
Like I said, we could've been 8-8 last year with a clearly unqualified coach in Shurmur. (Haden's injury had a big impact).
Rubin and Taylor's strength and presence are getting league wide respect nowadays, and that was when they were both playing NT, at different times, now they're out there at the same time pushing the O-Line back.
In this new scheme, those stout D-Lineman will be able to create GREAT push and we will certainly be attacking the QB with Mingo(explosive) and Kruger(strong and explosive).
Think about Sheard's little success, what 8 sacks? With just an OKAY scheme while being worked hard.
Mingo and Kruger are respectively more physically gifted then Sheard, who is a very smart player. This will be awesome to watch when he is subbed in.
Now with those 2 guys as starters and Sheard rotating in when the time is right? And even Groves too, only to a lesser extent then Sheard.
Once again, lets really hope these guys can stay healthy. But if thats the case, 11-5.
It's about time we start to realize whats being put together right in front of us.
The Sunday suffering will soon be over people, and as hard as it is for a Cleveland fan to believe anymore, have some faith.
If this current roster remained relatively healthy and went 8-8 I would be disgusted. This is a GOOD team we have now.
And yes PoeticG, D'Qwell is great, but I didn't include him because I was emphasizing the new pass rushers and how effective they will be.
i love your optimism and agree with 90% of your post.
but you can't fix ugly and you can't fix dumb. to blame our past 5 years of shit seasons solely on coaching (cuz i think mangini was a very good coach) IMO isn't the right spot to place the specific blame.
hell yeah shurmur sucked and blame that on holmgren. but shurmur didn't overthrow the receivers every other play or not block the DL and push open open a hole for TR to get through.
coaches gotta coach. players gotta play, meaning execute what you have been taught.
i love your optimism and agree with 90% of your post.
but you can't fix ugly and you can't fix dumb. to blame our past 5 years of shit seasons solely on coaching (cuz i think mangini was a very good coach) IMO isn't the right spot to place the specific blame.
hell yeah shurmur sucked and blame that on holmgren. but shurmur didn't overthrow the receivers every other play or not block the DL and push open open a hole for TR to get through.
coaches gotta coach. players gotta play, meaning execute what you have been taught.
But the fact is Shumur really did stink as a head coach. I think it's hilarious that the tight asshole Shurmur is running the wide open offense of Kelly in Philly. That's gotta be a joke, right?
-
Entirely too optimistic. Rob Chudzinski is in his first year as HC. Ever. Not just in the NFL, but anywhere.
Mingo is still an unproven, undersized college DE looking to make the transition to OLB. He is just as good as a blocking dummy at this point because, until now, he's done nothing. Sheard is trying to transition from DE to OLB as well. Kruger is the only one of the three that has experience as an NFL OLB, and there are question marks about whether or not he's even an every down backer. Rubin and Phil are solid linemen, but they aren't superstars.
When all is said and done, Desmond Bryant is our most proven lineman and biggest "star" in the front 7. He's shown the ability to rush the passer on a defense that was barely better than ours and lacked playmakers just as we did.
Add to that we will have a rookie third round pick starting at CB and, most likely, a rookie FS as well. That's two or three rookies, one player who's never played a snap at OLB before and another player who's only started 5 games in his career all starting on defense. And we still don't know who our other MLB is going to be.
Furthermore, our offensive coordinator was the HC of a team that finished 31st in Total Offense last season.
So, once again, we have WHO coaching WHICH inexperienced players in WHAT offense (mostly defense)?
Let me be clear...I like Chud. I like Turner. I like Horton. I think we have a very good coaching staff for this upcoming season. I think our offensive scheme fits our players well. I think our defensive scheme is fantastic.
But I am realistic. 8-8 would be a great season for us.
I can see us splitting with Cinci and Pittsburgh and dropping both games to Baltimore. We will probably lose to the Vikings. We will lose to the Packers. We will lose to the Chiefs. We will lose to the Patriots. We will probably lose to the Lions. It seems likely that we will lose to the Dolphins, as well, seeing as we haven't won a season opener in 5 seasons.
6-10. Maybe 7-9. 8-8 would be a great season.
Like I said, we could've been 8-8 last year with a clearly unqualified coach in Shurmur. (Haden's injury had a big impact).
Rubin and Taylor's strength and presence are getting league wide respect nowadays, and that was when they were both playing NT, at different times, now they're out there at the same time pushing the O-Line back.
In this new scheme, those stout D-Lineman will be able to create GREAT push and we will certainly be attacking the QB with Mingo(explosive) and Kruger(strong and explosive).
Think about Sheard's little success, what 8 sacks? With just an OKAY scheme while being worked hard.
Mingo and Kruger are respectively more physically gifted then Sheard, who is a very smart player. This will be awesome to watch when he is subbed in.
Now with those 2 guys as starters and Sheard rotating in when the time is right? And even Groves too, only to a lesser extent then Sheard.
Once again, lets really hope these guys can stay healthy. But if thats the case, 11-5.
It's about time we start to realize whats being put together right in front of us.
The Sunday suffering will soon be over people, and as hard as it is for a Cleveland fan to believe anymore, have some faith.
If this current roster remained relatively healthy and went 8-8 I would be disgusted. This is a GOOD team we have now.
And yes PoeticG, D'Qwell is great, but I didn't include him because I was emphasizing the new pass rushers and how effective they will be.
Like I said, we could've been 8-8 last year with a clearly unqualified coach in Shurmur. (Haden's injury had a big impact).
Rubin and Taylor's strength and presence are getting league wide respect nowadays, and that was when they were both playing NT, at different times, now they're out there at the same time pushing the O-Line back.
In this new scheme, those stout D-Lineman will be able to create GREAT push and we will certainly be attacking the QB with Mingo(explosive) and Kruger(strong and explosive).
Think about Sheard's little success, what 8 sacks? With just an OKAY scheme while being worked hard.
Mingo and Kruger are respectively more physically gifted then Sheard, who is a very smart player. This will be awesome to watch when he is subbed in.
Now with those 2 guys as starters and Sheard rotating in when the time is right? And even Groves too, only to a lesser extent then Sheard.
Once again, lets really hope these guys can stay healthy. But if thats the case, 11-5.
It's about time we start to realize whats being put together right in front of us.
The Sunday suffering will soon be over people, and as hard as it is for a Cleveland fan to believe anymore, have some faith.
If this current roster remained relatively healthy and went 8-8 I would be disgusted. This is a GOOD team we have now.
And yes PoeticG, D'Qwell is great, but I didn't include him because I was emphasizing the new pass rushers and how effective they will be.
D'Quell will get lost in this new defense and one wonders about Sheard, too, though we have an open mind about it.
-
Like I said, we could've been 8-8 last year with a clearly unqualified coach in Shurmur. (Haden's injury had a big impact).
Rubin and Taylor's strength and presence are getting league wide respect nowadays, and that was when they were both playing NT, at different times, now they're out there at the same time pushing the O-Line back.
In this new scheme, those stout D-Lineman will be able to create GREAT push and we will certainly be attacking the QB with Mingo(explosive) and Kruger(strong and explosive).
Think about Sheard's little success, what 8 sacks? With just an OKAY scheme while being worked hard.
Mingo and Kruger are respectively more physically gifted then Sheard, who is a very smart player. This will be awesome to watch when he is subbed in.
Now with those 2 guys as starters and Sheard rotating in when the time is right? And even Groves too, only to a lesser extent then Sheard.
Once again, lets really hope these guys can stay healthy. But if thats the case, 11-5.
It's about time we start to realize whats being put together right in front of us.
The Sunday suffering will soon be over people, and as hard as it is for a Cleveland fan to believe anymore, have some faith.
If this current roster remained relatively healthy and went 8-8 I would be disgusted. This is a GOOD team we have now.
And yes PoeticG, D'Qwell is great, but I didn't include him because I was emphasizing the new pass rushers and how effective they will be.
i love your optimism and agree with 90% of your post.
but you can't fix ugly and you can't fix dumb. to blame our past 5 years of shit seasons solely on coaching (cuz i think mangini was a very good coach) IMO isn't the right spot to place the specific blame.
hell yeah shurmur sucked and blame that on holmgren. but shurmur didn't overthrow the receivers every other play or not block the DL and push open open a hole for TR to get through.
coaches gotta coach. players gotta play, meaning execute what you have been taught.
i love your optimism and agree with 90% of your post.
but you can't fix ugly and you can't fix dumb. to blame our past 5 years of shit seasons solely on coaching (cuz i think mangini was a very good coach) IMO isn't the right spot to place the specific blame.
hell yeah shurmur sucked and blame that on holmgren. but shurmur didn't overthrow the receivers every other play or not block the DL and push open open a hole for TR to get through.
coaches gotta coach. players gotta play, meaning execute what you have been taught.
We barely had any young good players 5 years ago. I don't feel like naming players, but this team was certainly not being built through the draft.
We should all thank Heckert for really starting this. I don't think Banner wouldn't have bought the team if he didn't recognize the potential, and I have fully backed his decisions regarding personnel.
No other Browns teams of late had legit potential before last year. And there were ROOKIES STARTING ON O.
Gordon and Little will shine and an experienced Bess will teach them things.
And I didn't mention Kruger's superbowl experience. Most of our players haven't seen the playoffs. Shit, have any of them?
When did we last have young, physically gifted, and smart players on offense coming into there second year? .....with a coach using them in the correct fashion?
andddd 90% of 11 is 9.9, round up and you my friend have us winning 10 games next year (Barring injuries)
-
Cave, an UDFA, will start at OG next year and solidify one of the spots. He was the 3rd best C this year on some boards
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login