Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Mingo Trivia Question

Mingo Trivia Question

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
11 Posts 6 Posters 599 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
    • 64k Posts
    • 8k Reputation
    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #1

    BARKevious Mingo went to West Monroe High School in West Monroe, La.

    What is West Monroe famous for? (including the high school, too)

    I figure several folks will know the answer.....

    browns29-web.jpg

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Sportswise?

      Didn't Karl Malone go there?

      Otherwise, is that the setting for True Blood?

      Or, is it possible that West Monroe, or Monroe was actually the original location of The Grand Ole Opry?

      (this is all off the top of my head.)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
        • 64k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I don't know about Malone. Or True Blood. Nope .....

        it's very currently....famous. Anybody?

        You won't believe it.... 😎

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 139 Reputation
          cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
          #4

          happy happy happy

          1 Reply Last reply
          πŸ‘
          Quote Reply
          • Suomi SuomiS
            • 466 Posts
            • 88 Reputation
            SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Well, Bill Russell and Chuck Finley are from there.

            But I think you are fishing for this: it's the home of cable hit "Duck Dynasty"

            1 Reply Last reply
            πŸ‘
            Quote Reply
            • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
              • 4k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
              #6

              My favorite TV show!!!

              I am no gambler, but I'll bet that, when Barkevious Mingo establishes himself as an NFL star, he'll make an appearance on the show.

              Mike

              INΒ DORSEY I TRUST
              1 Reply Last reply
              πŸ‘
              Quote Reply
              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                • 64k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Yep ! I was amazed when I found out. I even found myself a Duck Dynasty t shirt.

                It has a big pic of Uncle Si, with the saying "When it comes to opinions, Si's matters"

                I can't wait to wear it to our friends' picnic. The sisters in law may kick my butt..... 😎

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  OK, I will admit, I would not do well under the Jeopardy category "Rednecks". I am about 50/50 there.

                  But....maybe I will make that my next trivia contest....and see how all y'all do.

                  A 1 Reply Last reply
                  πŸ‘
                  Quote Reply
                  • The GipperT The Gipper

                    OK, I will admit, I would not do well under the Jeopardy category "Rednecks". I am about 50/50 there.

                    But....maybe I will make that my next trivia contest....and see how all y'all do.

                    Assmunch A Banned
                    • 333 Posts
                    • 4 Reputation
                    A Assmunch wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @the-gipper said:

                    OK, I will admit, I would not do well under the Jeopardy category "Rednecks". I am about 50/50 there.

                    But....maybe I will make that my next trivia contest....and see how all y'all do.

                    You just know that someone has to get Barky down to Mingo Junction, Ohio, near Steubenville.

                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                    πŸ‘
                    Quote Reply
                    • A Assmunch

                      @the-gipper said:

                      OK, I will admit, I would not do well under the Jeopardy category "Rednecks". I am about 50/50 there.

                      But....maybe I will make that my next trivia contest....and see how all y'all do.

                      You just know that someone has to get Barky down to Mingo Junction, Ohio, near Steubenville.

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Skeptical2013 said:

                      You just know that someone has to get Barky down to Mingo Junction, Ohio, near Steubenville.

                      Home of Lou Groza? He was from down near there somewhere....or was that Martin's Ferry. Something like that.

                      Someone was from Mingo Junction....maybe a baseball player.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                        • 57k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Oh, OK, I checked it out......Mingo Junction is the home town of Woody Hayes. It also served as the setting for the steel mill scenes in The Deer Hunter.

                        True Blood takes place closer to Shreveport LA

                        And instead of the Grand Ole Opry, I was thinking about the "Louisiana Hayride", but that too took place in Shreveport...and may be most famous for being one of the first places Elvis Presley was ever heard on the air.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        Theme
                        • System
                        • Light
                        • Dark
                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Forums
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Users
                        • Donate