Skip to content

Mingo Trivia Question

The Browns Board
11 6 599
  • Sportswise?

    Didn't Karl Malone go there?

    Otherwise, is that the setting for True Blood?

    Or, is it possible that West Monroe, or Monroe was actually the original location of The Grand Ole Opry?

    (this is all off the top of my head.)

  • I don't know about Malone. Or True Blood. Nope .....

    it's very currently....famous. Anybody?

    You won't believe it.... 😎

  • happy happy happy

  • Well, Bill Russell and Chuck Finley are from there.

    But I think you are fishing for this: it's the home of cable hit "Duck Dynasty"

  • My favorite TV show!!!

    I am no gambler, but I'll bet that, when Barkevious Mingo establishes himself as an NFL star, he'll make an appearance on the show.

    Mike

  • Yep ! I was amazed when I found out. I even found myself a Duck Dynasty t shirt.

    It has a big pic of Uncle Si, with the saying "When it comes to opinions, Si's matters"

    I can't wait to wear it to our friends' picnic. The sisters in law may kick my butt..... 😎

  • OK, I will admit, I would not do well under the Jeopardy category "Rednecks". I am about 50/50 there.

    But....maybe I will make that my next trivia contest....and see how all y'all do.

  • OK, I will admit, I would not do well under the Jeopardy category "Rednecks". I am about 50/50 there.

    But....maybe I will make that my next trivia contest....and see how all y'all do.

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, I will admit, I would not do well under the Jeopardy category "Rednecks". I am about 50/50 there.

    But....maybe I will make that my next trivia contest....and see how all y'all do.

    You just know that someone has to get Barky down to Mingo Junction, Ohio, near Steubenville.

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, I will admit, I would not do well under the Jeopardy category "Rednecks". I am about 50/50 there.

    But....maybe I will make that my next trivia contest....and see how all y'all do.

    You just know that someone has to get Barky down to Mingo Junction, Ohio, near Steubenville.

    Skeptical2013 said:

    You just know that someone has to get Barky down to Mingo Junction, Ohio, near Steubenville.

    Home of Lou Groza? He was from down near there somewhere....or was that Martin's Ferry. Something like that.

    Someone was from Mingo Junction....maybe a baseball player.

  • Oh, OK, I checked it out......Mingo Junction is the home town of Woody Hayes. It also served as the setting for the steel mill scenes in The Deer Hunter.

    True Blood takes place closer to Shreveport LA

    And instead of the Grand Ole Opry, I was thinking about the "Louisiana Hayride", but that too took place in Shreveport...and may be most famous for being one of the first places Elvis Presley was ever heard on the air.