Browns Fire Senior National Scout
-
I get it, you want to have your own guys in place, but why not do this immediately? Why wait until after the draft - the focal point of your college talent evaluation for the year?
You don't want a rival to hire the guy you plan to fire before the draft, because then they'll know you basic draft plans. These guys are always canned post-draft.
Endymion said:
You don't want a rival to hire the guy you plan to fire before the draft, because then they'll know you basic draft plans. These guys are always canned post-draft.
Yeah, fair enough, hadn't thought of it that way. But does that mean we'd already hired Banner/Lombardi's guys in the meantime? Or were we just trusting guys we didn't like for this draft?
-
Endymion said:
You don't want a rival to hire the guy you plan to fire before the draft, because then they'll know you basic draft plans. These guys are always canned post-draft.
Yeah, fair enough, hadn't thought of it that way. But does that mean we'd already hired Banner/Lombardi's guys in the meantime? Or were we just trusting guys we didn't like for this draft?
Or were we just trusting guys we didn't like for this draft?
Scouts usually don't make headlines, but you probably had a number of Banner/Lombardi's guys on the payroll. Pat Roberts was probably consulted in the war room, but they probably didn't rely on his information to make decisions.
-
This seems like good news... I mean look at our team the past 5-8 years, not exactly a major scouting success I'd say. Bring on some new talent that'll find us good talent...right?
-
This seems like good news... I mean look at our team the past 5-8 years, not exactly a major scouting success I'd say. Bring on some new talent that'll find us good talent...right?
Bring on some new talent that'll find us good talent...right?
Not necessarily. Scouts evaluate the talent and to a degree rank the talent. The GMs/coaches actually select the talent. He may have done a very good job evaluating talent. In the end, his personality may not have meshed with Banner/Lombardi.
-
I get it, you want to have your own guys in place, but why not do this immediately? Why wait until after the draft - the focal point of your college talent evaluation for the year?
I get it, you want to have your own guys in place, but why not do this immediately? Why wait until after the draft - the focal point of your college talent evaluation for the year?
Because as is generally the case, the entire crew of a scouting department have contracts that extend through the teams draft.
Now that the draft is concluded the current scouting staff can be let go without violating their employment agreements.
The Top guy...the GM has no such contract, but the scouts do.
So, yes, Lombardi will want his staff in here.....though is anyone here confident that he will do a better job of bringing in better scouts.
And yes, it is not something I thought about, but their decision to trade those picks to defer them til next may indeed be motivated by Lombanner wanting "their guys" to be involved.
-
I get it, you want to have your own guys in place, but why not do this immediately? Why wait until after the draft - the focal point of your college talent evaluation for the year?
Because as is generally the case, the entire crew of a scouting department have contracts that extend through the teams draft.
Now that the draft is concluded the current scouting staff can be let go without violating their employment agreements.
The Top guy...the GM has no such contract, but the scouts do.
So, yes, Lombardi will want his staff in here.....though is anyone here confident that he will do a better job of bringing in better scouts.
And yes, it is not something I thought about, but their decision to trade those picks to defer them til next may indeed be motivated by Lombanner wanting "their guys" to be involved.
Because as is generally the case, the entire crew of a scouting department have contracts that extend through the teams draft.
Now that the draft is concluded the current scouting staff can be let go without violating their employment agreements.
The Top guy...the GM has no such contract, but the scouts do.
So, yes, Lombardi will want his staff in here.....though is anyone here confident that he will do a better job of bringing in better scouts.
And yes, it is not something I thought about, but their decision to trade those picks to defer them til next may indeed be motivated by Lombanner wanting "their guys" to be involved.
The idea that this fucked up bastard can bring his own people on board scares the livin crap out of Me...
-
-
This guys was probably pissed that he did all this scouting work and the Browns FO pissed the bed.
Probably had Jones, Mathieu and Rambo rated off the charts and the Browns Headquarters probably got a chair through the window...

This guys was probably pissed that he did all this scouting work and the Browns FO pissed the bed.
Probably had Jones, Mathieu and Rambo rated off the charts and the Browns Headquarters probably got a chair through the window...

Give it the fuck up already. If they all have break out seasons, by all means, go ahead and complain, but just shut the fuck up about them not picking the guys that you wanted.
-
This guys was probably pissed that he did all this scouting work and the Browns FO pissed the bed.
Probably had Jones, Mathieu and Rambo rated off the charts and the Browns Headquarters probably got a chair through the window...

Give it the fuck up already. If they all have break out seasons, by all means, go ahead and complain, but just shut the fuck up about them not picking the guys that you wanted.
Give it the fuck up already. If they all have break out seasons, by all means, go ahead and complain, but just shut the fuck up about them not picking the guys that you wanted.
Agreed! The draft is over, we got who we got, the scout is gone, & what is to be done will be done. It's part of life...not all are happy, but we accept what we have & deal with it. End of story. Quitcherbitchin!
Mike
-
This thread is about one of our scouts getting dumped. I've merely giving my 2 cents on what caused this. Quit telling me what to do. I do what the fuck I want to do, I say what the fuck I want to say. If you don't like it... I don't give 2 fucks. I'm stating my opinion, which whether you like it or not, is just as good as anybody elses. If you don't agree that's fine, I may not agree with you either but I'm not telling people to shut up. This is the internet, not your house Momma.
-
This thread is about one of our scouts getting dumped. I've merely giving my 2 cents on what caused this. Quit telling me what to do. I do what the fuck I want to do, I say what the fuck I want to say. If you don't like it... I don't give 2 fucks. I'm stating my opinion, which whether you like it or not, is just as good as anybody elses. If you don't agree that's fine, I may not agree with you either but I'm not telling people to shut up. This is the internet, not your house Momma.
yes but we have heard your rant in every other thread in the past couple days, I agree with vapor, we get it.This thread is about one of our scouts getting dumped. I've merely giving my 2 cents on what caused this. Quit telling me what to do. I do what the fuck I want to do, I say what the fuck I want to say. If you don't like it... I don't give 2 fucks. I'm stating my opinion, which whether you like it or not, is just as good as anybody elses. If you don't agree that's fine, I may not agree with you either but I'm not telling people to shut up. This is the internet, not your house Momma.
frankly im glad you dont like the draft because that means the players we drafted will be studs, all the guys you have an obsession with seem to suck for some reason...
-
all of the browns scouts, even those here with lombardi on his first stint should be fired. and keep firing them. too many courtney browns, mike powells and steve everitts to make me puke.
if you ain't good at your job, in my biz, we'll know it within a month, not years.
fuck 'em all big and small.
-
-
The Browns meanwhile, continue to be stuck om stupid...
-
-
I have a feeling this one will come back to bite us in the ass.Heckert hired by Broncos
-
I have a feeling this one will come back to bite us in the ass.Heckert hired by Broncos
I have a feeling this one will come back to bite us in the ass.
yeah. i really don't understand the whole 'old boy' network where you have to have 'your' guys no matter what. i mean if you come in and buy a team, don't you have evaluators and advisors who can look up and down every FO position and decide who has done a good job and is worthy to keep? such a holmgren-like setup.
heckert IMO did a very good job and has set up the browns for success for years. banner and lombardi look like a couple of rats waiting for the A train garbage to be dumped out the shitter.
and no this is no a bitter bitch post about the draft or anything else. i'm just saying that in the world of biz there is some shady shit that goes on.
-
They should hire that savant Gipper to be the new Senior scout. *cough*
-
-
We could take a vote:
Choose between me and the Vagina as to who the Browns should hire as a scout:
Vote:
The Gipper:
Vagitron:
all you would do is get players names wrong like your recent misstep "davonte best"
Gipper: "It was a typo"
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login