Skip to content

Browns Fire Senior National Scout

The Browns Board
28 15 1.7k
  • I get it, you want to have your own guys in place, but why not do this immediately? Why wait until after the draft - the focal point of your college talent evaluation for the year?

    @gftchris said:

    I get it, you want to have your own guys in place, but why not do this immediately? Why wait until after the draft - the focal point of your college talent evaluation for the year?

    Because as is generally the case, the entire crew of a scouting department have contracts that extend through the teams draft.

    Now that the draft is concluded the current scouting staff can be let go without violating their employment agreements.

    The Top guy...the GM has no such contract, but the scouts do.

    So, yes, Lombardi will want his staff in here.....though is anyone here confident that he will do a better job of bringing in better scouts.

    And yes, it is not something I thought about, but their decision to trade those picks to defer them til next may indeed be motivated by Lombanner wanting "their guys" to be involved.

  • @gftchris said:

    I get it, you want to have your own guys in place, but why not do this immediately? Why wait until after the draft - the focal point of your college talent evaluation for the year?

    Because as is generally the case, the entire crew of a scouting department have contracts that extend through the teams draft.

    Now that the draft is concluded the current scouting staff can be let go without violating their employment agreements.

    The Top guy...the GM has no such contract, but the scouts do.

    So, yes, Lombardi will want his staff in here.....though is anyone here confident that he will do a better job of bringing in better scouts.

    And yes, it is not something I thought about, but their decision to trade those picks to defer them til next may indeed be motivated by Lombanner wanting "their guys" to be involved.

    @the-gipper said:

    Because as is generally the case, the entire crew of a scouting department have contracts that extend through the teams draft.

    Now that the draft is concluded the current scouting staff can be let go without violating their employment agreements.

    The Top guy...the GM has no such contract, but the scouts do.

    So, yes, Lombardi will want his staff in here.....though is anyone here confident that he will do a better job of bringing in better scouts.

    And yes, it is not something I thought about, but their decision to trade those picks to defer them til next may indeed be motivated by Lombanner wanting "their guys" to be involved.

    The idea that this fucked up bastard can bring his own people on board scares the livin crap out of Me...

  • This guys was probably pissed that he did all this scouting work and the Browns FO pissed the bed.

    Probably had Jones, Mathieu and Rambo rated off the charts and the Browns Headquarters probably got a chair through the window... πŸ˜†

  • This guys was probably pissed that he did all this scouting work and the Browns FO pissed the bed.

    Probably had Jones, Mathieu and Rambo rated off the charts and the Browns Headquarters probably got a chair through the window... πŸ˜†

    @poeticg said:

    This guys was probably pissed that he did all this scouting work and the Browns FO pissed the bed.

    Probably had Jones, Mathieu and Rambo rated off the charts and the Browns Headquarters probably got a chair through the window... πŸ˜†

    Give it the fuck up already. If they all have break out seasons, by all means, go ahead and complain, but just shut the fuck up about them not picking the guys that you wanted.

  • @poeticg said:

    This guys was probably pissed that he did all this scouting work and the Browns FO pissed the bed.

    Probably had Jones, Mathieu and Rambo rated off the charts and the Browns Headquarters probably got a chair through the window... πŸ˜†

    Give it the fuck up already. If they all have break out seasons, by all means, go ahead and complain, but just shut the fuck up about them not picking the guys that you wanted.

    @vaportrail said:

    Give it the fuck up already. If they all have break out seasons, by all means, go ahead and complain, but just shut the fuck up about them not picking the guys that you wanted.

    Agreed! The draft is over, we got who we got, the scout is gone, & what is to be done will be done. It's part of life...not all are happy, but we accept what we have & deal with it. End of story. Quitcherbitchin!

    Mike

  • This thread is about one of our scouts getting dumped. I've merely giving my 2 cents on what caused this. Quit telling me what to do. I do what the fuck I want to do, I say what the fuck I want to say. If you don't like it... I don't give 2 fucks. I'm stating my opinion, which whether you like it or not, is just as good as anybody elses. If you don't agree that's fine, I may not agree with you either but I'm not telling people to shut up. This is the internet, not your house Momma.

  • This thread is about one of our scouts getting dumped. I've merely giving my 2 cents on what caused this. Quit telling me what to do. I do what the fuck I want to do, I say what the fuck I want to say. If you don't like it... I don't give 2 fucks. I'm stating my opinion, which whether you like it or not, is just as good as anybody elses. If you don't agree that's fine, I may not agree with you either but I'm not telling people to shut up. This is the internet, not your house Momma.

    @poeticg said:

    This thread is about one of our scouts getting dumped. I've merely giving my 2 cents on what caused this. Quit telling me what to do. I do what the fuck I want to do, I say what the fuck I want to say. If you don't like it... I don't give 2 fucks. I'm stating my opinion, which whether you like it or not, is just as good as anybody elses. If you don't agree that's fine, I may not agree with you either but I'm not telling people to shut up. This is the internet, not your house Momma.

    yes but we have heard your rant in every other thread in the past couple days, I agree with vapor, we get it.

    frankly im glad you dont like the draft because that means the players we drafted will be studs, all the guys you have an obsession with seem to suck for some reason...

  • all of the browns scouts, even those here with lombardi on his first stint should be fired. and keep firing them. too many courtney browns, mike powells and steve everitts to make me puke.

    if you ain't good at your job, in my biz, we'll know it within a month, not years.

    fuck 'em all big and small.

  • The Browns don't "continue" anything ... New owner, New CEO, New president, New GM, New asst. GM, New Head Coach, New DC, New OC ... Haven't played a single game yet ... What have they done that is "stupid"?

    Z

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    Heckert hired by Broncos

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167606/article/tom-eckert-joins-denver-broncos-front-office-in-personnel-role

    I have a feeling this one will come back to bite us in the ass.
  • @erie-dawg said:

    I have a feeling this one will come back to bite us in the ass.

    yeah. i really don't understand the whole 'old boy' network where you have to have 'your' guys no matter what. i mean if you come in and buy a team, don't you have evaluators and advisors who can look up and down every FO position and decide who has done a good job and is worthy to keep? such a holmgren-like setup.

    heckert IMO did a very good job and has set up the browns for success for years. banner and lombardi look like a couple of rats waiting for the A train garbage to be dumped out the shitter.

    and no this is no a bitter bitch post about the draft or anything else. i'm just saying that in the world of biz there is some shady shit that goes on.

  • They should hire that savant Gipper to be the new Senior scout. *cough*

  • They should hire that savant Gipper to be the new Senior scout. *cough*

    @vagitron said:

    They should hire that savant Gipper to be the new Senior scout. *cough*

    We could take a vote:

    Choose between me and the Vagina as to who the Browns should hire as a scout:

    Vote:

    The Gipper:

    Vagitron:

  • @vagitron said:

    They should hire that savant Gipper to be the new Senior scout. *cough*

    We could take a vote:

    Choose between me and the Vagina as to who the Browns should hire as a scout:

    Vote:

    The Gipper:

    Vagitron:

    @the-gipper said:

    We could take a vote:

    Choose between me and the Vagina as to who the Browns should hire as a scout:

    Vote:

    The Gipper:

    Vagitron:

    all you would do is get players names wrong like your recent misstep "davonte best"

    Gipper: "It was a typo"

  • @the-gipper said:

    We could take a vote:

    Choose between me and the Vagina as to who the Browns should hire as a scout:

    Vote:

    The Gipper:

    Vagitron:

    all you would do is get players names wrong like your recent misstep "davonte best"

    Gipper: "It was a typo"

    @vagitron said:

    all you would do is get players names wrong like your recent misstep "davonte best"

    Gipper: "It was a typo"

    Again, and again and again you show what a little yutz you are. When asked on documents that you have to fill out what your occupation is, do you tell the truth by putting down 'Rent Boy"?

  • The Browns don't "continue" anything ... New owner, New CEO, New president, New GM, New asst. GM, New Head Coach, New DC, New OC ... Haven't played a single game yet ... What have they done that is "stupid"?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    The Browns don't "continue" anything ... New owner, New CEO, New president, New GM, New asst. GM, New Head Coach, New DC, New OC ... Haven't played a single game yet ... What have they done that is "stupid"?

    Z

    hired Lombanner...