Cribbs Status
-
I love Cribbs and always will, but it was obvious he lost a step. He still would make a great addition to a team as a 5th/6th WR and a special teams guy. People always seem to forget how he made tackles on ST too. What I always enjoyed about him too is even though he may not bust one, he was great about getting upfield quickly. I hope Benjamin understands this too, getting 15 yards can help a team just as much as a return TD.
-
Report: Raiders release WR/KR Josh Cribbs
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.comAugust 25, 2013 2:44 pm ET
Josh Cribbs couldn't catch on with the Raiders. (USATSI)It's too bad Josh Cribbs can't play offensive line because he would have been guaranteed a spot on the Raiders' 53-man roster. Instead, the wide receiver and kick returner was released Sunday, according to multiple reports.
Cribbs signed a one-year deal in May, but lingering knee issues may have ultimately sealed his fate.
According to Yahoo.com's Brian McIntyre, Cribbs received $225,000 of a one-year, $1.25 million contract. He was due $865,000 in base salary in 2013, with $160,000 in per-game roster bonuses.
An undrafted free agent out of Kent St. who played eight seasons with the Browns, Cribbs never developed as a pass-catching threat, but he was one of the league's best return men. He led the league in return yards in 2007, and though he hadn't played to that level in several years, Cribbs was coming off a solid 2012 season.
-
-
I guess we have to ask this question: Did they cut him because he didn't give him what they wanted as a WR....or because he Special Teams skills were also diminished.
Based on last years performance...ok, not a force at WR...but he ST skills still seemed to be intact.
Has that changed?
Because....I gotta tell you guys, the Browns need something more on Special teams. While Benjamin seems to be it at the PR spot, the Browns NEED a kickoff returner. Bademosi seems good at STs....but not as the KR. (maybe the #2 KR) And I think they need a gunner on coverage.
Now, I am not saying that they should reacquire Cribbs...especially if he is diminished. But they need someone to give us what Cribbs gave us over the last couple of years.
-
I guess we have to ask this question: Did they cut him because he didn't give him what they wanted as a WR....or because he Special Teams skills were also diminished.
Based on last years performance...ok, not a force at WR...but he ST skills still seemed to be intact.
Has that changed?
Because....I gotta tell you guys, the Browns need something more on Special teams. While Benjamin seems to be it at the PR spot, the Browns NEED a kickoff returner. Bademosi seems good at STs....but not as the KR. (maybe the #2 KR) And I think they need a gunner on coverage.
Now, I am not saying that they should reacquire Cribbs...especially if he is diminished. But they need someone to give us what Cribbs gave us over the last couple of years.
I guess we have to ask this question: Did they cut him because he didn't give him what they wanted as a WR....or because he Special Teams skills were also diminished.
Based on last years performance...ok, not a force at WR...but he ST skills still seemed to be intact.
Has that changed?
Yes, he had off-season knee surgery and isn't the same.
Zombo
-
Another player we let loose at the right time. He sure did give us some exciting plays on otherwise terrible teams though.
-
-
Zombo said:
Man. Was hoping to read we were kicking his tires at QB. Can he even throw?
Whatever.. Unknown Cribbs > Tebow
-
Good for him. Always a Cribbs fan. Good luck Josh!
-
i hope him and Geno click.
-
Arguably the most exciting player the Browns had for many years on otherwise miserable teams. Cribbs is one guy I'll always root for, but I'm glad we got rid of him at the right time.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
