Close Gitmo?
-
and back to your spin.
yes indeed I think it's perfectly valid for a candidate to take a stand on an issue that he feels strongly about. Even if it is one I disagree with. But that's not what he did. He made a promise.
of course neither one of us think he was qualified to make such a promise since he didn't really understand what is involved.
he surely had some advisors with enough experience to tell him that closing Guantanamo Bay was a long shot at best, don't you think?
wouldn't you expect that from a Republican candidate?
WSS
-
Hey one more glitch.
did you just quip that you wanted gas prices to go up, pretending that you really don't?
are you on the record as saying that you now don't believe higher gas prices are good for the environment because they would curtail use of fossil fuels? It seems to me that was one of the ideas of the administration.
did you disagree then or do you disagree now or are you just talking out your ass?
WSS
-
so you were dumbfounded by saying 250 a gallon instead of typing out the dollar sign and the decimal point?
even when I used the word gasoline, and we were talking about campaign promises, and I even used the name Newt Gingrich?
I guess I gave you credit for being a little smarter, my bad.
and now you want to drag out this transparent dodge because you fucked up?
I think there's a heck translation in there somewhere. Hopefully the work you are doing is better quality than this.
so you were dumbfounded by saying 250 a gallon instead of typing out the dollar sign and the decimal point?
even when I used the word gasoline, and we were talking about campaign promises, and I even used the name Newt Gingrich?
Yep. Didn't know what you were talking about. I thought you were talking about some carbon tax thing to make gas prices go through the roof or something.
-
and back to your spin.
yes indeed I think it's perfectly valid for a candidate to take a stand on an issue that he feels strongly about. Even if it is one I disagree with. But that's not what he did. He made a promise.
of course neither one of us think he was qualified to make such a promise since he didn't really understand what is involved.
he surely had some advisors with enough experience to tell him that closing Guantanamo Bay was a long shot at best, don't you think?
wouldn't you expect that from a Republican candidate?
WSS
and back to your spin.
yes indeed I think it's perfectly valid for a candidate to take a stand on an issue that he feels strongly about. Even if it is one I disagree with. But that's not what he did. He made a promise.
of course neither one of us think he was qualified to make such a promise since he didn't really understand what is involved.
he surely had some advisors with enough experience to tell him that closing Guantanamo Bay was a long shot at best, don't you think?
wouldn't you expect that from a Republican candidate?
WSS
I'm quite sure he understood what was involved. That's where you're losing me.
-
Hey one more glitch.
did you just quip that you wanted gas prices to go up, pretending that you really don't?
are you on the record as saying that you now don't believe higher gas prices are good for the environment because they would curtail use of fossil fuels? It seems to me that was one of the ideas of the administration.
did you disagree then or do you disagree now or are you just talking out your ass?
WSS
Hey one more glitch.
did you just quip that you wanted gas prices to go up, pretending that you really don't?
are you on the record as saying that you now don't believe higher gas prices are good for the environment because they would curtail use of fossil fuels? It seems to me that was one of the ideas of the administration.
did you disagree then or do you disagree now or are you just talking out your ass?
WSS
I wanted cap and trade, but save that I want carbon taxes, which would make gas prices go up. I'm not following where you think the inconsistency is. I've only been talking about this for years.
-
a few posts a go you ended with as you know I want gas prices to go up. I wasn't sure if you were being facetious or just stating a fact that's it.
not a big deal.
WSS
-
Yeah, I do. Carbon prices up, income/FICA taxes down.
So back to the topic ...what do you do with the prisoners at Gitmo?
-
leave them there.
or let them go.
I certainly don't see the advantage of changing their location to the United States.
if we're afraid to offend al Qaeda they will probably hate Colorado just as bad. And make the same claims of torture and abuse. And they won't eat Hickenloopers food any quicker than they eat whatever they get at quantanamo.
WSS
-
Oh Jesus. Never mind.
Shame on me.
-
Oh Jesus. Never mind.
Shame on me.
Oh Jesus. Never mind.
Shame on me.
Shame on you for being a dipstick.
Sorry, I'm sure it will be great. Close it down.
Al Qaeda will love us again Thank Allah.
I can hear the patter in the lunchroom: Achmuud, Pass the spare ribs please
WSS
-
Yes, that's what this is about.
Stick to the Yoko jokes.
-
at any rate heck I just don't see what we gain.
the conditions there are better than any other prisonand you know that the enemies are going to claim horrific treatment no matter where these prisoners are located.
also I believe that since we are being accused without merit then it's probably not a good idea to jump and dance when they make their specious charges.
did I spell that right?
so that's my take.
WSS
-
for the record it's the right spelling I think, just the wrong word. I think I wanted something more akin to bullshit
-
You're missing the point here. You can go back and read - this really isn't about imagining you're going to make Al Qaeda like us, though that's the question you keep answering even though no one is asking it.
You have to figure out what to do with all of those prisoners. All of their cases have been studied. Each individual case. They're not all the same. Some have been cleared for release. Some have been cleared for transfer. Some have been cleared for trial. Some we can try because we tortured them. Some we can't try and we can't release. It's a big fucking mess.
Simply saying "Leave them all there" doesn't work. Except, of course, in the fascist state often express sympathy for.
-
Actually you are missing the point. And yes of course someone is making that argument, the president did in 2008 and vapor trail is making it now.
But let's agree to take that off the table.
So you're problem is that there are all sorts of tangled legal things going on that were not sure how to handle right?
Well my two options, leave them there or let them go seem about right.
If these people aren't guilty of any infraction why keep them there?
If they have them give them a trial and keep them there indefinitely.
But whatever the legal entanglements might be it doesn't matter where you keep them until those are sorted out.
Nobody, and I mean nobody, want's the house in their home state.
I also have no idea whose responsibility it is to sort it out. The Justice Department? The military?
Anyway no matter who it is it doesn't matter where they sleep.
As long as it isn't near our house. Or yours.
WSS
-
Are you kidding? We can't house prisoners in America? This is something we haven't learned to do?
Would be happy as a clam to put them in the prison nearest to my house, or anywhere else. They frighten me little.
And you're skirting over all of the legal issues, but that's okay.
-
Right around 110. Hey if you want to have your governor, isn't it Jerry Brown, call the president and
request them to come to California.
And you still haven't solved one of the legal issues you fret about. Not one.
Was
-
It's okay. Let's skip this one. It's not the conversation I want to spend my time having.
-
good idea. Next time wait until you have an idea of what actually bothers you and how you want to change it.
WSS
-
Hardly the issue here.
You're already got your one stance - let 'em go or leave 'em there - and you're sticking to it. And from there we just discuss bullshit that has nothing to do with anything. That's when I've learned to cut bait.
Silly me for expecting more. After all, why talk about judicial process with someone who doesn't believe in our judicial system?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login