Skip to content

This Week's Survey

The Browns Board
18 6 669
  • Here are this week's Survey Questions. Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Tell us about your favorite Microbrew

    2. What is your favorite, major commercial beer?

    3. The following NBA teams are still alive in the playoffs: Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    4. The following teams are in the NHL playoffs: Blackhawks, Blues, Kings, Redwings, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, Wild, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Maple Leafs,, Canadiennes,Senators, Capitals,Islanders

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    5. I had posted my "Gipper's List" of best cities to visit on here a bit ago. Yahoo has now come out with their "Ten most Exciting Cities" in the USA. They are counting down from 10 to 1:

    10. Portland, Ore

    9. Philadelphia

    8. Atlanta

    7. Milwaukee

    6. New York

    5. Washington DC

    4. Seattle

    3. San Francisco

    2. Boston

    1. Oakland (yep)

    What do you think about this? Agree, disagree?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's Survey Questions. Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Tell us about your favorite Microbrew

    Does the Great Lakes Brewery count? If so, some of their stuff is good. I know there are a couple in Akron, and one in Medina. Don't know much about the Medina one. Akron has the Thirsty Dog, again don't know much. There is also I believe the Hoppin Frog....who puts out a product that I believe has 4 times the alcohol content of regular beer.

    2. What is your favorite, major commercial beer?

    I will go for Guinness and Harp ale. When I go out to eat I usually drink wine....unless we eat Mexican, then I will have a Corona/Dos Equis or Negro Modelo.

    3. The following NBA teams are still alive in the playoffs: Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    My order of favorite:

    1. Grizzlies

    2. Thunder

    3. Pacers

    4. Warriors

    5. Knicks

    6. Spurs

    7. Bulls

    8. Heat

    B. Tell us who you think will win....the one I least want to win

    4. The following teams are in the NHL playoffs: Blackhawks, Blues, Kings, Redwings, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, Wild, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Maple Leafs,, Canadiennes,Senators, Capitals,Islanders

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    My order of favorite:

    1. Vancouver Canucks

    2. Ottawa Senators

    3. Toronto Maple Leafs

    4. Minnesota Wild

    5. St. Louis Blues

    6. Washington Capitols

    7. San Jose Sharks

    8. NY Islanders

    9. Montreal Canadiennes

    10. NY Rangers

    11. Anaheim Ducks

    12. Detroit Redwings

    13. Chicago Blackhawks

    14. Pittsburgh Penguins

    15. Boston Bruins

    16. LA Kings.

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    I actually think the Ottawa and San Jose teams have the best shot.

    (and note: Vancouver already eliminated)

    5. I had posted my "Gipper's List" of best cities to visit on here a bit ago. Yahoo has now come out with their "Ten most Exciting Cities" in the USA. They are counting down from 10 to 1:

    10. Portland, Ore

    9. Philadelphia

    8. Atlanta

    7. Milwaukee

    6. New York

    5. Washington DC

    4. Seattle

    3. San Francisco

    2. Boston

    1. Oakland (yep)

    What do you think about this? Agree, disagree?

    I cannot see how any most exciting major US City list can leave off Chicago/New Orleans/Las Vegas/Orlando. San Fran and Boston in top 5 I agree with.

    Not sure how Oakland could grab the #1 spot....unless they consider being in fear of being a victim of crime "exciting". That must be it.

    I may differentiate between "best" and "most exciting" as I don't have LV and Orlando on my "best" list.....but I would put them in the "exciting" list, given the tourist attractions both those cities possess.

  • I don't who from Oakland paid off Yahoo, but it's not even the most exciting city in its own Metropolitan area, let alone the USA.

    Orlando is not exciting unless you are 11.

    Zombo

  • I don't who from Oakland paid off Yahoo, but it's not even the most exciting city in its own Metropolitan area, let alone the USA.

    Orlando is not exciting unless you are 11.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I don't who from Oakland paid off Yahoo, but it's not even the most exciting city in its own Metropolitan area, let alone the USA.

    Orlando is not exciting unless you are 11.

    Zombo

    What? You are not a kid at heart? Going to see Mickey doesn't get you excited?

  • I'm a kid at heart, but theme parks aren't my thing. As a Florida resident I can tell you I hate Orlando. Its a big clusterfuck in the middle of the state with no Beach and no culture. Its nothing but rednecks and tourists. I could name ten better cities to visit in Florida. And certainly more exciting for adults.

    Z

  • Here are this week's Survey Questions. Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Tell us about your favorite Microbrew

    2. What is your favorite, major commercial beer?

    3. The following NBA teams are still alive in the playoffs: Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    4. The following teams are in the NHL playoffs: Blackhawks, Blues, Kings, Redwings, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, Wild, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Maple Leafs,, Canadiennes,Senators, Capitals,Islanders

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    5. I had posted my "Gipper's List" of best cities to visit on here a bit ago. Yahoo has now come out with their "Ten most Exciting Cities" in the USA. They are counting down from 10 to 1:

    10. Portland, Ore

    9. Philadelphia

    8. Atlanta

    7. Milwaukee

    6. New York

    5. Washington DC

    4. Seattle

    3. San Francisco

    2. Boston

    1. Oakland (yep)

    What do you think about this? Agree, disagree?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's Survey Questions. Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Tell us about your favorite Microbrew

    I drink a very large variety of Microbrews and for the longest time my favorite brewery was Stone Brewing Company out of San Diego. It's still up there but I haven't been enjoying their beers as much as of late. They have a great IPA called Ruination that I still drink as one of my stand by brews. Currently I'm home and throwing back a beer I'm having now for the first time made by Innis and Gunn. It's a Scottish Stout matured in Whiskey Barrels and it's really damn good. 7.4% but doesn't scream Irish Whiskey when you drink it. It's smooth like Guinness with a little more taste. I'll be drinking more of it in the future.

    2. What is your favorite, major commercial beer? It's still probably the old Bud "Waassssssssup" commercial with the friends on the phone.

    3. The following NBA teams are still alive in the playoffs: Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors

    A. Tell us who you want to win: Miami or OKC

    B. Tell us who you think will win: Miami (I know Lebron is a dirty word around these parts but I watched A LOT of Cavs games in college and would go as far as to call myself a Cavs fan. I grew up idolizing Jordan so before the Cavs it was always the Bull but i think that can be said for a lot of kids that played basketball that are now entering or in their 30's. Going back to Lebron, the guy just turns it on and takes over games and I expect him to continue to do that for the remainder of the Playoffs.

    4. The following teams are in the NHL playoffs: Blackhawks, Blues, Kings, Redwings, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, Wild, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Maple Leafs,, Canadiennes,Senators, Capitals,Islanders

    A. Tell us who you want to win: Penguins

    B. Tell us who you think will win: Penguins BUT they need consistent Goal Tending. I'm a Fleury fan but he has a tendency to get a little rattled and then his confidence is shaken. When he's on he's one of the best in the NHL but when he's struggling he REALLY struggles.

    5. I had posted my "Gipper's List" of best cities to visit on here a bit ago. Yahoo has now come out with their "Ten most Exciting Cities" in the USA. They are counting down from 10 to 1:

    10. Portland, Ore

    9. Philadelphia

    8. Atlanta

    7. Milwaukee

    6. New York

    5. Washington DC

    4. Seattle

    3. San Francisco

    2. Boston

    1. Oakland (yep)

    What do you think about this? Agree, disagree?

    I'm biased but Pittsburgh has to be on that list. I agree with Boston, San Fran, Portland and New York. Washington D.C is cool because of all the federal buildings and monuments, plus the Museums etc. I'm not a fan of Philly or Atlanta and certainly not Oakland. It seems like Yahoo put together a pretty shit list.

    Oh Gipper you finally got me to respond to one of these BUT it seems like that may have been something you were trying to do, considering the Brew talk that cropped up. Let's consider this a SMALL olive branch 🙂

  • Dude, he said commercial beer, not beer commercial.

    Dyslexic much?

    And, no, Pittsburgh does not need to be on that list. And you know better.

    Z

  • Lol whoops. My fav commerical beer is probably Blue Moon and Pittsburgh is awesome if you actually take the time to experience it. Hell Nat Geo ranked it as one of the 25 best places globally to visit. Haters gonna hate 🙂

  • Vag ... I have taken the time. It's West Virginia with tall buildings. And French fries jammed in your sandwich.

    Z

  • Lol whoops. My fav commerical beer is probably Blue Moon and Pittsburgh is awesome if you actually take the time to experience it. Hell Nat Geo ranked it as one of the 25 best places globally to visit. Haters gonna hate 🙂

    @vagitron said:

    Lol whoops. My fav commerical beer is probably Blue Moon and Pittsburgh is awesome if you actually take the time to experience it. Hell Nat Geo ranked it as one of the 25 best places globally to visit. Haters gonna hate 🙂

    A. Yea, I meant commercial beer, not beer commercial.....but what the hell....tell us your favorite beer commercial.

    B. On the cities list....it is subjective. Zombo don't like Orlando or Pittsburgh, you do. So be it.

    These surveys are designed merely to elicit opinions on a variety of subjects.. so anyone can participate. Usually at least 1 or 2 sports questions. I have not done one in a while...so when you all were talking about the microbrew I thought it could be the basis of a new survey....because that is the sort of thing I like to include in them.

  • I'm a kid at heart, but theme parks aren't my thing. As a Florida resident I can tell you I hate Orlando. Its a big clusterfuck in the middle of the state with no Beach and no culture. Its nothing but rednecks and tourists. I could name ten better cities to visit in Florida. And certainly more exciting for adults.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I'm a kid at heart, but theme parks aren't my thing. As a Florida resident I can tell you I hate Orlando. Its a big clusterfuck in the middle of the state with no Beach and no culture. Its nothing but rednecks and tourists. I could name ten better cities to visit in Florida. And certainly more exciting for adults.

    Z

    OK Z. Name those 10 other cities. YOUR Top Ten best/most exciting...however you want to fashion it, cities in FLA. Anxious to know.

  • Zombo said:

    I'm a kid at heart, but theme parks aren't my thing. As a Florida resident I can tell you I hate Orlando. Its a big clusterfuck in the middle of the state with no Beach and no culture. Its nothing but rednecks and tourists. I could name ten better cities to visit in Florida. And certainly more exciting for adults.

    Z

    OK Z. Name those 10 other cities. YOUR Top Ten best/most exciting...however you want to fashion it, cities in FLA. Anxious to know.

    @the-gipper said:

    OK Z. Name those 10 other cities. YOUR Top Ten best/most exciting...however you want to fashion it, cities in FLA. Anxious to know.

    Best to visit:

    1. Key West

    2. Clearwater/ St. Pete

    3. Destin/ Fort Walton Beach

    4. Naples/ Fort Myers

    5. St. Augustine

    6. Space Coast

    7. Panama City Beach

    8. Daytona Beach

    9. Fort Lauderdale

    10, Jacksonville/ Ponte Vedra

    Best to live:

    1. Naples

    2. Sarasota

    3. Destin

    4. Any of the beach cities on the West Coast, the Panhandle or the upper East Coast.

    Avoid Orlando, Miami and the interior rednecky areas and you'll be fine.

    Lots to do around Tampa/Clearwater/St.Pete ... and you can take a short day trip if you are craving Mickey Mouse.

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK Z. Name those 10 other cities. YOUR Top Ten best/most exciting...however you want to fashion it, cities in FLA. Anxious to know.

    Best to visit:

    1. Key West

    2. Clearwater/ St. Pete

    3. Destin/ Fort Walton Beach

    4. Naples/ Fort Myers

    5. St. Augustine

    6. Space Coast

    7. Panama City Beach

    8. Daytona Beach

    9. Fort Lauderdale

    10, Jacksonville/ Ponte Vedra

    Best to live:

    1. Naples

    2. Sarasota

    3. Destin

    4. Any of the beach cities on the West Coast, the Panhandle or the upper East Coast.

    Avoid Orlando, Miami and the interior rednecky areas and you'll be fine.

    Lots to do around Tampa/Clearwater/St.Pete ... and you can take a short day trip if you are craving Mickey Mouse.

    Zombo said:

    Best to visit:

    1. Key West...been there on two occasions...even made the trip out to the Dry Tortugas

    2. Clearwater/ St. Pete

    3. Destin/ Fort Walton Beach...my niece has recently moved to that area

    4. Naples/ Fort Myers...did spring break in Ft. Myers once....many years ago...Easy Street days.

    5. St. Augustine

    6. Space Coast..been to the Kennedy Space Center

    7. Panama City Beach...spent a week there once. Went to Seaside too.

    8. Daytona Beach...did spring break there one year too

    9. Fort Lauderdale...my sister lived there for 35 years. She is now in Ohio

    10, Jacksonville/ Ponte Vedra...my nephew lives there now

    Best to live:

    1. Naples

    2. Sarasota

    3. Destin

    4. Any of the beach cities on the West Coast, the Panhandle or the upper East Coast.

    Avoid Orlando, Miami and the interior rednecky areas and you'll be fine.

    South Beach doesn't excite you either? Isn't that supposed to be the shit?

    And if I stay away from the rednecky areas I won't be able to commune with TCPO.

    (I drove through Lakeland...that is indeed the redneck armpit of Fla.

    Lots to do around Tampa/Clearwater/St.Pete ... and you can take a short day trip if you are craving Mickey Mouse.

  • Here are this week's Survey Questions. Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Tell us about your favorite Microbrew

    2. What is your favorite, major commercial beer?

    3. The following NBA teams are still alive in the playoffs: Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    4. The following teams are in the NHL playoffs: Blackhawks, Blues, Kings, Redwings, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, Wild, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Maple Leafs,, Canadiennes,Senators, Capitals,Islanders

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    5. I had posted my "Gipper's List" of best cities to visit on here a bit ago. Yahoo has now come out with their "Ten most Exciting Cities" in the USA. They are counting down from 10 to 1:

    10. Portland, Ore

    9. Philadelphia

    8. Atlanta

    7. Milwaukee

    6. New York

    5. Washington DC

    4. Seattle

    3. San Francisco

    2. Boston

    1. Oakland (yep)

    What do you think about this? Agree, disagree?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's Survey Questions. Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Tell us about your favorite Microbrew

    Great Lakes Brewery: I played a gig there and got beer strait from the vat

    2. What is your favorite, major commercial beer?

    LaBatts and Miller.

    3. The following NBA teams are still alive in the playoffs: Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    Oklahoma

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    Chicago

    4. The following teams are in the NHL playoffs: Blackhawks, Blues, Kings, Redwings, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, Wild, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Maple Leafs,, Canadiennes,Senators, Capitals,Islanders

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    Dont care about Hockey 😛

    5. I had posted my "Gipper's List" of best cities to visit on here a bit ago. Yahoo has now come out with their "Ten most Exciting Cities" in the USA. They are counting down from 10 to 1:

    10. Portland, Ore

    9. Philadelphia

    8. Atlanta

    7. Milwaukee

    6. New York

    5. Washington DC

    4. Seattle

    3. San Francisco

    2. Boston

    1. Oakland (yep)

    What do you think about this? Agree, disagree?

    Highly disagrees....

  • Here are this week's Survey Questions. Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Tell us about your favorite Microbrew

    2. What is your favorite, major commercial beer?

    3. The following NBA teams are still alive in the playoffs: Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    4. The following teams are in the NHL playoffs: Blackhawks, Blues, Kings, Redwings, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, Wild, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Maple Leafs,, Canadiennes,Senators, Capitals,Islanders

    A. Tell us who you want to win

    B. Tell us who you think will win

    5. I had posted my "Gipper's List" of best cities to visit on here a bit ago. Yahoo has now come out with their "Ten most Exciting Cities" in the USA. They are counting down from 10 to 1:

    10. Portland, Ore

    9. Philadelphia

    8. Atlanta

    7. Milwaukee

    6. New York

    5. Washington DC

    4. Seattle

    3. San Francisco

    2. Boston

    1. Oakland (yep)

    What do you think about this? Agree, disagree?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's Survey Questions. Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Tell us about your favorite Microbrew

    Don't have a favorite, although the Brew Kettle in Strongsville has some good ones

    2. What is your favorite, major commercial beer?

    Moose Head

    3. The following NBA teams are still alive in the playoffs: Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors

    A. Tell us who you want to win Golden State

    B. Tell us who you think will win Miami

    4. The following teams are in the NHL playoffs: Blackhawks, Blues, Kings, Redwings, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, Wild, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Maple Leafs,, Canadiennes,Senators, Capitals,Islanders

    A. Tell us who you want to win Maple Leafs

    B. Tell us who you think will win Sharks

    5. I had posted my "Gipper's List" of best cities to visit on here a bit ago. Yahoo has now come out with their "Ten most Exciting Cities" in the USA. They are counting down from 10 to 1:

    10. Portland, Ore

    9. Philadelphia

    8. Atlanta

    7. Milwaukee

    6. New York

    5. Washington DC

    4. Seattle

    3. San Francisco

    2. Boston

    1. Oakland (yep)

    What do you think about this? Agree, disagree?

    I'd have NYC #1. I've never been to Portland or Atlanta. San Francisco is really cool by Fisherman's Wharf. Milwaukee & Philly aren't any better than Cleveland. Seattle was fun when I was there, but it was only for a one night visit.