Skip to content

Jake Long

The Browns Board
20 6 1.2k
  • If we had Ravens trolls, I'd ask them about how Jared Gaither looks (2 sacks). He's someone I wanted for us to bid on in the supplemental draft. Most draft geeks thought he was a NFL RT, but he seems to be doing okay at left tackle.

    I think we could have gotten him for a 5th. Ultimately, that pick was used to trade up for Beau Bell.

  • Also, you can't envy the Lions' situation with Jeff Backus. He gives up 9.25 sacks, but you can't slide him inside because he's not strong enough to face DT's. And you can't make him a backup because he's signed to a 6 year, $38M deal.

    So you're stuck with a mediocre left tackle. Jim Schwartz better hire a good offensive line coach.

  • In the last 2 seasons JT gave up a couple that were because of not checking off the stunt to ES fast enough. That's brain fart stuff not necessarily getting beat bad 1 on 1.

  • Another thing I like about Dennison: he's scary as hell.

    dennison_mug.jpg

    He's got a "drill sergeant meets serial killer" kind of look to him.

    Aloysius said:

    Another thing I like about Dennison: he's scary as hell.

    dennison_mug.jpg

    He's got a "drill sergeant meets serial killer" kind of look to him.

    That dude's got what Stan likes to call "The Dahmer Look." I'll bet the chick behind the camera was a hottie.

    DWJ

  • Another thing I like about Dennison: he's scary as hell.

    dennison_mug.jpg

    He's got a "drill sergeant meets serial killer" kind of look to him.

    Aloysius said:

    Another thing I like about Dennison: he's scary as hell.

    dennison_mug.jpg

    He's got a "drill sergeant meets serial killer" kind of look to him.

    T-1000

  • Holy crap, you're right.

  • 29. Jeff Backus, Detroit, 9.25 sacks

    With 2 Number 1 picks...I think Detroit surprises everyone and takes Alabama's LT smith. Maybe trade backus or move him to RT or G....they just took Gosder cherolis last year but he's at RT...and not very good from what I've heard. Who knows but I'm definetly not sold on Stafford and from looking at the success of Joe Thomas and Browns as a rook , and Jake Long at MIami....I'd keep an open mind if I'm them!

  • Also none seem to think like me that Stafford goes to seattle at #4 and Sanchez surprises everyone and goes to KC!

  • Also, you can't envy the Lions' situation with Jeff Backus. He gives up 9.25 sacks, but you can't slide him inside because he's not strong enough to face DT's. And you can't make him a backup because he's signed to a 6 year, $38M deal.

    So you're stuck with a mediocre left tackle. Jim Schwartz better hire a good offensive line coach.

    Aloysius said:

    Also, you can't envy the Lions' situation with Jeff Backus.

    Godser Cherilus (sp???) also looked like a piece of crap. That team is a mess, obviously.

  • OL coach Bill Callahan is staying with the Jets.

    Should be interesting to see what Mangini does now.

  • Clady & Dennison could be a large part of why Denver finished out at #12 in the league rushing when they were one injury away from writing a script for The Waterboy 2 at tailback.

    So it would have been nice to get Callahan.