Pittsburgh vs. Who?
-
hey Demo...all you need to do is look up at the top of the message board to see that we have had to institute RULES just to get the Steeler fans (Ravens fans don't come here much) to settle down a bit.
They start threads about the Steelers 'greatness'
They mock our team and our fans in EVERY thread
They add little to no content other than smack and gloating
I spend a great deal of my time on this board just trying to keep the damage they do to good threads to a minimum. It is this lack of intelligence and edicate that causes most of the fans here to go off on tangents regarding PA and Steeler fans in general.
From your post, you seem like an intelligent person, with possibly some good stuff to add. You are more than welcome to join in discussions. If you do that...I doubt YOU will be the target of those types of comments.
But do not expect the general Browns fan to treat the trolls we get from Pitt with anything but contempt. After all, you are GUESTS, and if they can't respect that...they get what they get.
By the way
WELCOME!
hey Demo...all you need to do is look up at the top of the message board to see that we have had to institute RULES just to get the Steeler fans (Ravens fans don't come here much) to settle down a bit.
They start threads about the Steelers 'greatness'
They mock our team and our fans in EVERY thread
They add little to no content other than smack and gloating
I spend a great deal of my time on this board just trying to keep the damage they do to good threads to a minimum. It is this lack of intelligence and edicate that causes most of the fans here to go off on tangents regarding PA and Steeler fans in general.
From your post, you seem like an intelligent person, with possibly some good stuff to add. You are more than welcome to join in discussions. If you do that...I doubt YOU will be the target of those types of comments.
But do not expect the general Browns fan to treat the trolls we get from Pitt with anything but contempt. After all, you are GUESTS, and if they can't respect that...they get what they get.
By the way
WELCOME!
He'll still get those comments because I still get those comments and have never "trolled" this message board. Either way great post and I agree with the OP's sentiments.
-
-
Zombo said:
Been there, did them.
Nah, go with your first instincts, I'm kind of an ass.
As if my avatar did not give it away, I will be rooting for the Steelers to lose for the 640th consecutive week. I'm rooting for the Old Cardinal fans of St. louis that had their team taken away. I like the Cards from the Jim Hart, Terry Metcalf, Mel Gray, Conrad Dobler old-school era. This one's for them.
Sir, now that I see you are a serviceman, you should know that there is only one flag that really matters, and I salute you.
Zombo
Thanks man. I see you hail now from Naples. I'm coming to Florida (for obvious reasons) in a little over a week. I'll sample the women down there hopefully.
And of course you're kind of an ass, you hate God's gift to the NFL. lol. OOO!
I can see rooting for old school st louis cardinals fans, but as a city they have had a superbowl and a world series that even i as a young buck can remember. i cant sympathize.
i would love to see Larry get a ring, just because he was tearing it up while i was a student at Pitt. I just don't want him beating the Steelers to do it. I love Fitz though. So many great memories of him. Great time to be in school.
-
Wanna see some fat, ugly, toothless women?...Come down to Charlotte for a NASCAR race! And I am by no means dogging the women of Charlotte. I can just imagine that every trailer park in the Carolina's was empty like a ghost town the day I went to a race. (as you can tell I am not really a big NASCAR fan but just thought I would check it out)
Thanks for a decent post. It gave some credibility to you "squeeler" fans. I am sorry but I have hated the Steelers from birth and some things will never change. But to stoop so low, as some of the folks who post here so often do, is proof that "no child left behind" did not actually work. Some of the posts here should be reflected with an IQ score in the corner so we could tell which ones to give credibility to.
As far as hating the Ravens....In my opinion....to give them once ounce of misguided hatred would be giving them credibility that they have any affiliation to the Browns! Art (rat fck) Modell may have taken his sorry ass...the front office...and the players to Baltimore but he did not take the Browns! There is only room for 2 teams in order to call it a rivalry. And as one sided as it has been over the last few years it was...and always will be....Browns/Steelers. We may both hate the Ravens and sometimes the easiest way to find a friend is through a common enemy but Pittsburgh will always be our public enemy #1. Unlike the Colts, Cardinals, and Rams our team stayed in Cleveland. We may have had a short hiatus only to return and stink up the joint....But it is still the CLEVELAND BROWNS!
I also give weight to 8yrs of frustration since their return as a cause of some of the more venomous posts.
I would wish you good luck .....but as a true Browns fan I have to root for Cleveland and ANYONE who plays Pittsburgh!
-
You sir are on the wrong board if your looking for real diehard browns fans...this is from now through the superbowl cardinals central including ex-browns fans and fairweather browns fans wearing cardinal gear and avatars..
I still subscribe to the old skool AFC PRIDE thing...i hate the steelers but i hope they win the superbowl simply because they are the afc champs..they are deserving of their trip to the superbowl...however if they get beat by the cards they are a disgrace to the AFC...and our division...

The ratbirds suck and are hated but pittsburgh is still the number one enemy around here at cardinalfags.com..

You sir are on the wrong board if your looking for real diehard browns fans...this is from now through the superbowl cardinals central including ex-browns fans and fairweather browns fans wearing cardinal gear and avatars..
I still subscribe to the old skool AFC PRIDE thing...i hate the steelers but i hope they win the superbowl simply because they are the afc champs..they are deserving of their trip to the superbowl...however if they get beat by the cards they are a disgrace to the AFC...and our division...

The ratbirds suck and are hated but pittsburgh is still the number one enemy around here at cardinalfags.com..

I've never really understand the AFC pride thing....or the AFC Central/North pride thing. Those are the teams we battle with year in and year out and they're the enemy. Do you suppose Iran has been rooting for Iraq during the current Bush Incursion? Hell no, they've been sneaking in and taking their piece of flesh while their backs are turned dealing with us.
As for the AFC thing....we were once in the NFL (now NFC) and played the Cardinals twice a year for 20 years. Had I been watching then, I'd have been rooting against them like I do the AFC North teams now. The Steelers, Rats and Bengals are our year in year out enemies. If they succeed it means we have failed. Just because we are out of the running after week 17 I'm not about to suddenly change and hope for their success.
Besides, I hate Pittshole with every fiber of my being.
Doug
-
You sir are on the wrong board if your looking for real diehard browns fans...this is from now through the superbowl cardinals central including ex-browns fans and fairweather browns fans wearing cardinal gear and avatars..
I still subscribe to the old skool AFC PRIDE thing...i hate the steelers but i hope they win the superbowl simply because they are the afc champs..they are deserving of their trip to the superbowl...however if they get beat by the cards they are a disgrace to the AFC...and our division...

The ratbirds suck and are hated but pittsburgh is still the number one enemy around here at cardinalfags.com..

I've never really understand the AFC pride thing....or the AFC Central/North pride thing. Those are the teams we battle with year in and year out and they're the enemy. Do you suppose Iran has been rooting for Iraq during the current Bush Incursion? Hell no, they've been sneaking in and taking their piece of flesh while their backs are turned dealing with us.
As for the AFC thing....we were once in the NFL (now NFC) and played the Cardinals twice a year for 20 years. Had I been watching then, I'd have been rooting against them like I do the AFC North teams now. The Steelers, Rats and Bengals are our year in year out enemies. If they succeed it means we have failed. Just because we are out of the running after week 17 I'm not about to suddenly change and hope for their success.
Besides, I hate Pittshole with every fiber of my being.
Doug
-
I first came to this board to share my hatred of the Ravens with people outside of Pittsburgh. I thought to myself...Hey, if anyone hates the Ravens...it HAS to be Cleveland fans. Logic would dictate that.
Instead of what I was looking for, I found "Shittsburgh, Stoolers, Squealers etc..."
I'm not bitching...Pittsburgh vs Cleveland is a great rivalry. One expects a certain level of bile to be spewed. We do the same in Pittsburgh. Yea, Pittsburgh is absolutely dominating the rivalry of late...but it's no different than when the Browns owned the Steelers before the Noll era. Things go in cycles. I may be from Pittsburgh (and proud) but I'm not ignorant of history.
What I don't understand though is the nasty attacks on the PEOPLE of Pittsburgh. Some of the people who post on this site must view the average Pittsburgh as little more than an Appalachian hillbilly. I mean...it gets pretty damn mean.
Like Zombo... I mean he has a right to his opinion and all, but where does he get off calling our city "rancid" and our women "toothless"? Really? Have you been to Pittsburgh and seen a lot of toothless women?
Pennsyltucky? Eastern Ohio and West Virgina are seperated by nothing more than bridges...I think parts of your state are just as "hill billy" as ours. Trust me, I served with a lot of good guys from that area. Great guys, but admittedly redneck. Oh and the joke in PA is as such..." Everything between...BETWEEN Pittsburgh and Philly is Kentucky." Our world class Universities and Hospitals (Much like Cleveland with the Cleveland Clinic) should give us a little more cred than that.
Now...look. I understand that if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or whatever else tired cliche you want to use. I didn't come here looking for a Steeler love fest. I'm not naive. I expected Steeler bashing. (I did expect more Raven bashing though.) If you want to bash the Steelers, I get it. But bashing the city, and the people...that's a low and ignorant.
There are idiot Steeler fans, and idiot Browns fans. If you let a few morons from Pittsburgh who shoot their mouth off shape your view of a whole city...well you're just as Retarded.
I've been to Cleveland...I had a great time. I saw a Cavs game, it was a blast. I order Elliot Ness every chance I get at the bar here...I'm a big fan of Great Lakes Brewery. Do I hate the Browns? Hell yes. I wouldn't be a Steeler fan if I didn't.
Do I hate the fans? No. I respect them for their commitment. Thats all. I just wanted to throw that out there.
One more thing. When Art moved your team to Balitmore...remember that Dan Rooney was one of the only people who wanted to block the move. The last time the Browns played at Three Rivers, Steelers fans wore Orange armbands to protest the move and show solidarity. We're not that bad. We're dedicated. Just like you.
I've been to Cleveland...I had a great time. I saw a Cavs game, it was a blast. I order Elliot Ness every chance I get at the bar here...I'm a big fan of Great Lakes Brewery. Do I hate the Browns? Hell yes. I wouldn't be a Steeler fan if I didn't.
Do I hate the fans? No. I respect them for their commitment. Thats all. I just wanted to throw that out there.
Of course you don't hate us for our committment. We're not frontrunners like you guys. We don't say you are frontrunners for our health, or out of some stupid jealous bitterness. It's because it's true and it's VERY annoying. Sorry it hurts the image of the real Steeler fans, but it's true. Just like the Yankees. Frontrunner fan base.
When you live in Ohio, and you see Steeler fan after Steeler fan after Steeler fan after Steeler fan, and you KNOW the wouldn't be Steeler fans if the Steelers had gone 3-13 each year for the past 15 years instead of winning at about a 75% rate, it's REALLY frustrating. You guys don't understand what that's like. To deal with pretend fans.
Sorry that the real Steeler fans have to pay for it.
-
Zombo said:
Hey Doug, I don't know if you saw it or not, but ALICE COOPER was on ESPN today being interviewed re his fandom for the Arizona Cardinals.Zombo
--as if you needed another reason to root for them.
Damn, I missed that. Hopefully I can catch it tonight at work. Anyway, as I'm sure you already know...Alice is a Phoenix native and lives in Paradise Valley just NorthEast of town. So, he's no frontrunner. In fact, he's part owner of the Phoenix Coyotes.
I'm happy for those that have been rooting for the Cardinals for so long, but I have a hunch that ALOT of the Cowboy/Raider half-assed fans, of which there are MANY out here, will be sporting Cardinals jerseys next season.
Doug
-
@inspecta said:
Gips I would agree with you had we been more competitive lately and had we beaten Pittsburgh once or twice in the last 5 years, but not the case, and the overwhelming obnoxious behavior of stooler fans have prompted us to root for the cards.of course there are no obnoxious Brown's fans

-
You sir are on the wrong board if your looking for real diehard browns fans...this is from now through the superbowl cardinals central including ex-browns fans and fairweather browns fans wearing cardinal gear and avatars..
I still subscribe to the old skool AFC PRIDE thing...i hate the steelers but i hope they win the superbowl simply because they are the afc champs..they are deserving of their trip to the superbowl...however if they get beat by the cards they are a disgrace to the AFC...and our division...

The ratbirds suck and are hated but pittsburgh is still the number one enemy around here at cardinalfags.com..

You sir are on the wrong board if your looking for real diehard browns fans...this is from now through the superbowl cardinals central including ex-browns fans and fairweather browns fans wearing cardinal gear and avatars..
I still subscribe to the old skool AFC PRIDE thing...i hate the steelers but i hope they win the superbowl simply because they are the afc champs..they are deserving of their trip to the superbowl...however if they get beat by the cards they are a disgrace to the AFC...and our division...

The ratbirds suck and are hated but pittsburgh is still the number one enemy around here at cardinalfags.com..

see i could never get the root for the division, etc, I root for a team not a division. do you have any AFC NORTH clothes, I doubt it, never even seen any. I don't want Pittsburgh to win anything. I want them to be in every game till the end, talented enough to win it but just losing it at the last second. I root for the BROWNS, I hate Pittsburgh (I respect their talent, i envy their stability, but I hate them) so their for I root for any team playing them. that does not mean I replace the Browns with any team but that does mean I want the steelers to lose.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login